FedEx Freight | I hate it when....

All I know is that at my SC, from supervisors on down, people want to leave. And the main reason is the occupant of the corner office that apparently is untouchable by both his immediate boss and those above him. His immediate boss told one driver, "there is nothing I can do." Really. I can smell the bovine excrement from 20 miles away.
This situation is not unique to just FedEx...or any trucking company (read some of the other boards), or corporation, or any place of employment. I have seen it in all walks of life. I personally know of jerkoffs who fit the description to a tee. Folks above them know there is a problem, say they wish they could do something, yet no one knows how, or wants to rock the boat. I don't know how people get those positions or how they become untouchable. Once it starts it just snowballs. The snowball will self destruct if you can outlast it.

red shirt turn over is high not purple shirt.the mechanic turn over is high too. what about these center vnl sbr and i don't know the alpha code for wilmington DE there are many problems at those centers. plus i hear newark nj has its share of problems as well as pos.don't try to black sheep me and my guys at cin

JJ poor management in the POS umberlla starts at the top and works its way down .. Look were i am now, i ve seen the light and its down south brother. :1036316054:

Would ya listen to all these guys making +$22.00/hr whining all day long? What gives? So you got 38 hours this week while some junior man got 42? You're still making damn good money. Why don't you quit and go over the road and make the same money working double the hours and living out of a truck?

It's like a bunch of little girls here. I tried to get on with FedEx Freight for 5 years and they were never ever hiring because guys who have those jobs around here NEVER leave. Ended up hiring on with FedEx National which isn't as good but still better than alot of trucking jobs.
Well I guess your part of the little girl club. Make sure you bring cookies and milk.:hysterical:

Well tonight the red shirts where passing out write ups like it was valentines day. Some people got written up for not respecting the red shirts. They said to one guy you need to talk right when you talk to us. And the other's for 1 to 3 min over on the time clock. Other's for having a miss scan on the bills. Bills on the clip board but not on the computer. They didn't get me today. But who knows what's in store for tomorrow. Same BS everyday. I don't even talk to the redshirts. Had one ask me how was I doing. I said I was doing fine tell you came up to me. Well lucky he didn't right me up for not respecting him. Oh well.:chairshot:

Well tonight the red shirts where passing out write ups like it was valentines day. Some people got written up for not respecting the red shirts. They said to one guy you need to talk right when you talk to us. And the other's for 1 to 3 min over on the time clock. Other's for having a miss scan on the bills. Bills on the clip board but not on the computer. They didn't get me today. But who knows what's in store for tomorrow. Same BS everyday. I don't even talk to the redshirts. Had one ask me how was I doing. I said I was doing fine tell you came up to me. Well lucky he didn't right me up for not respecting him. Oh well.:chairshot:

Wow,I guess you just got to say hi and leave the terminal with your truck and don't say anything else and watch everything you do and don't screw up and you should do fine.:1036316054:

Thats a bunch of BS, so now you guys have to be "nice" to the supervisors, I'm not nice to anyone that I have no respect for, as long as your not cussing them everything should be ok, in OKC one time I got chewed out by an ops mgr that was eavsdropping on my conversation with a redshirt, I said, "thats stupid", according to the ops guy I should have said "thats dumb", I told him it meant the same thing and to leave me alone and stop trying to pick a fight, he called my tm and told on me but nothing ever came of it. Did you sign anything when hired that said you would be nice to everyone? Probably not, I guess you guys will have to add BE NICE right under people first..thats wild.

yeah how would them red shirts like it if they were in your shoes and someone like them came along and did it to them.They just don't get it.I think they just get a kick out of doing that.

Would ya listen to all these guys making +$22.00/hr whining all day long? What gives? So you got 38 hours this week while some junior man got 42? You're still making damn good money. Why don't you quit and go over the road and make the same money working double the hours and living out of a truck?

It's like a bunch of little girls here. I tried to get on with FedEx Freight for 5 years and they were never ever hiring because guys who have those jobs around here NEVER leave. Ended up hiring on with FedEx National which isn't as good but still better than alot of trucking jobs.

Well first of all, it should be well over $22 an hour for the crap they expect from us, on top of not killing the general public.....

You should have done better on your interview. You sound just like a supervisor! Don't like it, leave. Don't try to make it better, just get the hell out. Typical supervisor answer. Big shrug then, "You can always leave, I can't do anything about it, I hear you but there is nothing I can do," etc, etc, etc.

The ones making the rules have to know there is push back or else they think we are happy clams with their BS. It's going to take awhile, but there will be payback.

Well first of all, it should be well over $22 an hour for the crap they expect from us, on top of not killing the general public.....

You should have done better on your interview. You sound just like a supervisor! Don't like it, leave. Don't try to make it better, just get the hell out. Typical supervisor answer. Big shrug then, "You can always leave, I can't do anything about it, I hear you but there is nothing I can do," etc, etc, etc.

The ones making the rules have to know there is push back or else they think we are happy clams with their BS. It's going to take awhile, but there will be payback.

Well said my friend.:1036316054:

gtr,
i did not hate conway when i left i just needed to make more money now because my son was on his way about a year earlier than we had planned.
i didn't alway hate the other place i hatewd what i was doing there i got into trucking to be a trucker not an ops mgr

your bad if you think i'm lying about someone higher up than you telling me to quit i will pm you his name

copay and deductable went up on our insurance.i think most of my problems have worked out with cigna except what got sent to collections.i also believe meds went up as well.cigna now has me trained not to got to the doctor ever unless you are about to die its not worth the head ache.

oh yeah it 3 companies in 11 years not 10 act for 6yrs conway 8 mos fxfef or the rest of the time.

i would be happy here if our health care was reasonable and seniority was followed and we had written rules.i think there are many companies out there who offer all 3 why not ours?

NO I WON'T GO WORK FOR ONE OF THEM SO DON'T SAY IT.I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO START OVER BECAUSE FEDEX WENT FROM PEOPLE FIRST TO PURPLE FIRST

One person is not going to change anything, And your seniority what do you want IT IS WHAT IT IS, i have been reading this bs, I want to ask you a question will your jeep make it to R&L Ward or how about them blue trucks Jevic OH ya the closed thats right, Really WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE HERE????????We all have bad days what can you do about it(suck it up or move on)I agree cigna sucks but what can you do to change it nothing,Just because you spoke up that isnt going to change anything A lot of people in the company love it it just sucks up in the NORTH...Go to the road if it is that bad...

In my personal opinion, and from talking to your counterparts over the course of the last few years.. FXF did not go from people first to purple first... CIN is the one that did. How many managers have you guys had since you have been there. Obviously there is a problem. Both with the employees, and the people that are put there to help change it.. PHL, YRK, WMD, ALT are all around you and they do not have all the problems that your center does.. I have seen the turnover there, and no the problems that you guys have faced... Maybe they should just clean house and start over...

WHY WHY WHY is CIN always on here its not that bad its just a few city&road driver AHOLES, AND we won the war..

One person is not going to change anything, And your seniority what do you want IT IS WHAT IT IS, i have been reading this bs, I want to ask you a question will your jeep make it to R&L Ward or how about them blue trucks Jevic OH ya the closed thats right, Really WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE HERE????????We all have bad days what can you do about it(suck it up or move on)I agree cigna sucks but what can you do to change it nothing,Just because you spoke up that isnt going to change anything A lot of people in the company love it it just sucks up in the NORTH...Go to the road if it is that bad...

what do you mean it is what it is?are you saying its fair for junior employees to take out saturday runs and get extra drop and hooks at the end of the day? how would you like it if they gave a driver on the bottom of the board your run at night and you had to run pos who you than say it is what it is?

eagles suck!!

And your seniority what do you want IT IS WHAT IT IS

What do you mean here? I might be dense, but this statement doesn't seem to make much sense.

will your jeep make it to R&L Ward or how about them blue trucks Jevic OH ya the closed thats right

What does this have to do with the discussion? Many, many trucking firms have gone out of business. Both Union and non-union. It's like blaming the employees at GM for the blinded by profit management for the closing of the plants when people suddenly got the clue that a SUV getting 8 MPG might not be the best thing to have. Corporations driven by profit only have blinders on when it comes to the rest of the market. I can guarantee you that R&L Ward and Jevic could have taken measures to stay in business. They decided not to.

Really WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE HERE????????We all have bad days what can you do about it(suck it up or move on)

Probably nothing. But it's better than rolling over and letting the cretins making the decisions now to think that they are making the right choices. You have a defeatist attitude. When we as a country were wronged, would you have us just said "Oh well....suck it up"? That was a bad day too. You stand up for what you believe in and not let, "you should just be thankful you have a job" mentality enter into it because that sets you up for all kinds of abuse.

Myself, I've never had a big problem with Cigna. But I know plenty of other people who have. Why can't the company take a look at that and decide what they are going to do? You know why? Because they don't care. They carry a big stick over their health provider, lots and lots and lots of money. If they go to someone else, Cigna loses all that money. The reason people have the problems they do is because the company doesn't care.

Go to the road if it is that bad...

There's that defeatist attidude again. Don't try to make things better or more fair, just leave. You're young or in managment. Belive me, they will take advantage of your naivety. And if you're managment, I know you have to drink the kool-aid.

You'll swallow whatever crap comes down the tube and "suck it up". There is a line between being a man and being puss. Which side do you want to be on?

You're so full of ::shit::.

what do you mean it is what it is?are you saying its fair for junior employees to take out saturday runs and get extra drop and hooks at the end of the day? how would you like it if they gave a driver on the bottom of the board your run at night and you had to run pos who you than say it is what it is?

eagles suck!!

GIANTS SUCK!!!!! Listen I feel your pain but you know you have been here long enough to know no matter what you say or do you are not going to change anythig around here, Trust me you dont think we have tryied have been trying for years before you came here i just gave up the answer we would get, WE WILL LOOK IN TO IT/ WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU/YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, These are the answers we would get,And dont think i am scared to go to POS ill do what i have to..to get paid............AND if you want to make a stand about a junior man CALL DOWN SOUTH saying it in CIN is not going to change anything..:chairshot:

And your seniority what do you want IT IS WHAT IT IS

What do you mean here? I might be dense, but this statement doesn't seem to make much sense.

will your jeep make it to R&L Ward or how about them blue trucks Jevic OH ya the closed thats right

What does this have to do with the discussion? Many, many trucking firms have gone out of business. Both Union and non-union. It's like blaming the employees at GM for the blinded by profit management for the closing of the plants when people suddenly got the clue that a SUV getting 8 MPG might not be the best thing to have. Corporations driven by profit only have blinders on when it comes to the rest of the market. I can guarantee you that R&L Ward and Jevic could have taken measures to stay in business. They decided not to.

Really WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE HERE????????We all have bad days what can you do about it(suck it up or move on)

Probably nothing. But it's better than rolling over and letting the cretins making the decisions now to think that they are making the right choices. You have a defeatist attitude. When we as a country were wronged, would you have us just said "Oh well....suck it up"? That was a bad day too. You stand up for what you believe in and not let, "you should just be thankful you have a job" mentality enter into it because that sets you up for all kinds of abuse.

Myself, I've never had a big problem with Cigna. But I know plenty of other people who have. Why can't the company take a look at that and decide what they are going to do? You know why? Because they don't care. They carry a big stick over their health provider, lots and lots and lots of money. If they go to someone else, Cigna loses all that money. The reason people have the problems they do is because the company doesn't care.

Go to the road if it is that bad...

There's that defeatist attidude again. Don't try to make things better or more fair, just leave. You're young or in managment. Belive me, they will take advantage of your naivety. And if you're managment, I know you have to drink the kool-aid.

You'll swallow whatever crap comes down the tube and "suck it up". There is a line between being a man and being puss. Which side do you want to be on?

Side has nothing to do with it just because thats my out look i give up im just here for a paycheck i tired of all the same BS from the hire up and the drivers around me Im Waving the white flag, you are not going to be able to change anything around here iv tryied FOR YEARS , Im not young come to CIN and see or in the NORTHEAST and you will see.....JJ knows what im talking about..