Yellow | I have had enough!!!!!

Hard Charger

TB Lurker
Credits
After 12 years as a team road driver with this company I have had enough of the lies and the bs. I turned in my resignation letter along with my uniforms, keys, and comdata card. I pray that YRC makes it for all the employees that want to stay and keep giving up 15% of their paycheck and 75% of their retirement. My wife and I have prayed and talked about me leaving YRC and moving on and we finally agreed that now its time for me to go. The Dallas yard looks like a Schneider and CRST drop yard and company drivers are sitting at home not working. The top brass and board members keep cashing in on big bonuses yet they won't even offer a matching 401k to the employees that are interested in contributing to it. I'm in my mid 30's and I don't want to work forever. God Bless everyone and once again if I have said anything that has offended anyone I apologize in advance.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors, I'm coming to the belief that you have made the right move for a young man.

Best of luck HC and come back around evry now and then and let others know thast there IS a life after YRC!.....KK

After 12 years as a team road driver with this company I have had enough of the lies and the bs. I turned in my resignation letter along with my uniforms, keys, and comdata card. I pray that YRC makes it for all the employees that want to stay and keep giving up 15% of their paycheck and 75% of their retirement. My wife and I have prayed and talked about me leaving YRC and moving on and we finally agreed that now its time for me to go. The Dallas yard looks like a Schneider and CRST drop yard and company drivers are sitting at home not working. The top brass and board members keep cashing in on big bonuses yet they won't even offer a matching 401k to the employees that are interested in contributing to it. I'm in my mid 30's and I don't want to work forever. God Bless everyone and once again if I have said anything that has offended anyone I apologize in advance.
Smart man! Good luck to you in your new endeavors.

i have the same thoughts as u and i am looking also. 309 chicago hieghts also has about 1 full ready line of crst,snider,covenat.... trailers all over the place!

thats the time to do it when still in the 30s best of luck
shame most are stuck here in late 50s and cant leave

I am also looking, working 6 days on bid and then have to go to bed early on day off to be available at beginning of start day, after 6 days cannot have 1 full day off with family. having to work under 30 yr old work rules that I had no say so in.....looking to find another job

Good luck to you in the future boss….

Quick note if you want to work for a real company check out odfl in your area.

Why would he take a step backwards?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

He will take a step backwards anywhere he goes as far as starting wages, health insurance. Pension? I know, it is what it is. YRCF is very aware of their average workers age. They know most can ***** about it, but will have a hard time bettering themselves. But if you can have peace of mind, and enjoy a different work atmosphere and able to handle lower wages for 2 or 3 years, then by all means. do it.

Hard Charger, thank you for contribution of dedicated work for the last 12 yrs. I wish you and your Family the Best of Luck and Happiness. God Bless.

I am also looking, working 6 days on bid and then have to go to bed early on day off to be available at beginning of start day, after 6 days cannot have 1 full day off with family. having to work under 30 yr old work rules that I had no say so in.....looking to find another job
have learned to live on less....I might work my 6th trip or not....time with family is worth more to me...KK

He will take a step backwards anywhere he goes as far as starting wages, health insurance. Pension? I know, it is what it is. YRCF is very aware of their average workers age. They know most can ***** about it, but will have a hard time bettering themselves. But if you can have peace of mind, and enjoy a different work atmosphere and able to handle lower wages for 2 or 3 years, then by all means. do it.

If he stays in LTL,...UPSF is the best and only place I would go! Assigned tractors that run correctly, best pay & vacation policy, just about no sitting on a huge extra board (the rest of his life) for a call.
They will be the last one standing!, why?, because their parent Company grosses 34 Billion dollars per year!!:shift:

Why would he take a step backwards?

How is he taking a step back by coming to odfl? This is a step forward No more 15% out your paycheck No more beat up tractors. Come on Bro OD is 10x Better then yellow will ever be….:LMAO:

BTW YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THAT NAME YRC-ATM BECAUSE YELLOW RUNNING OUT OF FUNDS :busted:

Still would net more at yrc after the 15%. No cameras in your truck. No management telling you when to shift and questioning your fuel mileage. Compensated for all time at work. No economic terminations. Sorry pal.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner