Yellow | I just applied

jmsconstantino

TB Lurker
Credits
I just recently found out that the newburgh terminal is hiring a bunch of drivers. I have been in the ltl business for 6 yrs. I just applied online. Does anyone know the status of this terminal? What are they really looking for?

My advice is do NOT get involved with this company. I have been here 15 yrs and I have no future and no chance to move up. Go with another company that will treat you like a person. We are treated like SH!t on the bottom of the companys shoes. If I had to do it all over knowing what I know now I would have went some place elese. Roadway (YRCW) would gut their own mothers and children to save a penny not even a dollar. If you like being treated with no respect no regaurd for your family or your health, this is the place for you. You may think it is only me and my terminal which is stroudsburg pa .

But let me tell you something we have some of the same (⊙▃⊙) basta%d$ coming to Newburgh to run the place. Stay away from yrcw all together. Anyone going on a transfer to 123 beware they are sending some of 120's management to run the place. Hope this helps with your decision. Anyone who works for this company will tell you the same story. Look on our board and look how many peoples lives they have ruined. I could not tell you how many people have divorced over this company. STAY AWAY.

I like it at Roadway.If I felt like Mr stroud I`d move on to another job.I`ve had to transfer in the 03 change but things are better now.Might have to move again next month but if I do it will be my choice,Roadway`s not holding anything to my head.It`s hard at the bottom but all these company`s are the same.Just do your job and get on with your life.I`ve had a good life here at Big R.Don`t always like the way things are run but I was hired to drive a truck not run this corp.

The big R is not the best place to work , but is sure is not the worst . Top Union wages and a great pension , go work at a **** company and report how great it is.
My advice is do NOT get involved with this company. I have been here 15 yrs and I have no future and no chance to move up. Go with another company that will treat you like a person. We are treated like SH!t on the bottom of the companys shoes. If I had to do it all over knowing what I know now I would have went some place elese. Roadway (YRCW) would gut their own mothers and children to save a penny not even a dollar. If you like being treated with no respect no regaurd for your family or your health, this is the place for you. You may think it is only me and my terminal which is stroudsburg pa .

But let me tell you something we have some of the same (⊙▃⊙) basta%d$ coming to Newburgh to run the place. Stay away from yrcw all together. Anyone going on a transfer to 123 beware they are sending some of 120's management to run the place. Hope this helps with your decision. Anyone who works for this company will tell you the same story. Look on our board and look how many peoples lives they have ruined. I could not tell you how many people have divorced over this company. STAY AWAY.

here is my issue I currently work for a union carrier p&d and we are going to ratify a great pension soon so in 25yrs since I will allready be vested I will have a great pension. The wage that I am making is the issue I want to have a good quality of life while I am still working which is why I applied to go teamster.

jmsconstantino, I work out of the Newburgh Terminal (Maybrook) I have been there going on 24 years, In the last 2 weeks we have been using at least 7 casuals everyday, 5 on the dock and 2 are driving. Prior to this we had no casuals at all.We are getting ready for a coo.The 4 guys ahead of me have between 28 to 34 years, so It cant be that bad of a job.

You know what I am wrong, go ahead and work for YRCW its great. They will treat you like family, give your kids presents at Christmas, and will never ever put you on call. They will never ever put you in the same truck that some fat sweaty slob or someone smelling like Ben Gay was in for 500 miles and now you have to drive it Never! The tractors are replaced every 6 months and every driver has thier own truck with their name on the side. The management they are sending there are like angels from above. You will say hey Mr stroud might have been right. Ask badslavin how great 120 is and how every word they said was truthful and honest. HIS POST IS GOODBYE BIR R. If you are the best and want to join a UNION that sticks togehter and never sells their members down the river, then come aboard. We have no "Brothers" that will rat on you or are freindly with management. We take care of our own. Look at the great contract they got us it is freaking great. With the new contract we will all be UE drivers meaning the friends I have that do not or can not get a CDL will be laid off in under a year, and I will move right up in seniority. I say hey if you can not get a cdl to bad so sad, thats what I like about the new TEAMSTER contract. Oh yeah I also like the part how NONUNION truckers can now pull our freight. My favorite part of the new contract that hopefully you will be working under soon is our part about PARTIME dock workers they pay only 14.00 per hour. I think that is great, who wants to be a fulltime guy with bennies and a raise sickdays.All that stuff just puts a burden on the company, that is what I say. They can get a job on the side that they will pay about 150.00 week for bennies, or maybe their wife has them, or they just never get sick. I am sorry about before I just must have been thinking about the last job I worked. Please disreguard my post and go ahead and believe the other guys that have posted. Your hope to be soon:hysterical::puke: BROTHER.

Hey Stroud120, have U ever worked at the Newburgh Terminal ? If your not Happy at 120 LEAVE if it is such a terrible job.The poster asked about Newburgh 123 and I told him about Newburgh, NOT Stroudsburg.

It dose not matter right now I did not realize I needed doubles and triples endorsement on my license they just e-mailed me that my application was not accepted. I am probably going to take the endorsement test this week. I did not think p&d needed the endorsement.

got haz-mat

id say go for it,maybrook is getting ready to be real buisy/real soon.i work out of a relay in va.and the last 2 weeks have been real buisy with freight going and comming from mbk.our coo is going into effect7-6-08.our old drivers are going to be meeting and turning mbk daily after change.and a lot of other term will be doig the same...:1036316054:

I work for the big R...and I like it! Easy money. I have just under 2 year in the place and I am on the bottom.....but I have no complaint`s...........best paying job I have ever had along with a good group of guys to work with.

All will come to an end when the (⊙▃⊙)s from 120 go to 123. Let me know how great it is then. Do not say I did not warn you. I will be expecting an apology from those who have doubts about me. Believe it or not I like the job ,it is all the other PETTY BULLsh!T that comes with the job. Be ready for lots of stupid letters and days off. The harrassment is great also. The country club of Newburgh will be coming to an end. Ask the guys who came from scranton to 120, how great the management is. If you like 50 yr out of date management skill they are coming. Good luck and join the team it is freaking wonderful.

Move On

Most of your posts are on how you hate it there at 120 . The best thing you could do is move on to something better.All the bullshit you get thrown at you must not be to bad your still at the big r.

20 years here and its about the best there is .

All of you must be lucky, I stay for the stress and the harassment. This is the greatest bestest job in the whole wide world. You guys have shown me the light, please come work for YRCW and feel the brotherhood, it makes me all fuzzy inside. Wait these guys say how great it is when you lose your job or get stupid letters and your suspended, lets see how many offer to help you out with your bills or help buy food for you and your family. Lets see how many BROTHERS. i WILL TELL YOU zero. They only care about themselves. Remember you are not joining the Teamsters you are joining the MEsters, as long as it does not affect ME it is a GREAT place to work. :1036316054:

only problem i have with 120 is why they let their freight go to buffalo for 2 years (they needed 70 something guys at that first change in 2006) when they should have sent the work to newburgh in the first place (i'm sure more 120 guys are thinking now why didn't they send the freight to newburgh 2 years ago if they are doing it now, they know if they did it this way it would've been more competitive with other carriers BUT they'll still have to pay all those senior guys at 120 and that's not a good thing when all trucking companies want to do nowadays is save money instead of make money cause i tell you what....when i worked at a "gaining terminal" the new hires damaged so much freight...this company can't afford to have damaged freight, i don't make these business decisions but i think they deceived the guys at 120 by telling them to go to buffalo instead of newburgh in the first place cause newburgh is under 2 hours away from stroudsburg and buffalo is a little over 5 hours from stroudsburg, we let this company play it's game without a fight, look at what yellow did to those lancaster guys and how harrisburg yellow is gaining, i know something is going on that they won't want to tell us, they're giving us the silent treatment cause they don't want us to know the truth, you'll get a good pay here but you'll have to make VERY tough life changing decisions down the road to keep your job and if you don't know what i mean about that then don't even fill an application out here cause you don't know how this company does business with its employees