FedEx Freight | I Love Fed Ex

No Freight

TB Lurker
Credits
Can you fine gents over here tell me why you all love your job so much. Hows the pay, hourly and mileage, drop and hook times, fuel time ect. Me being fairly new to the LTL industry I cant figure out why CWF is losing so many drivers to FXF. Oh yeah, do you guys have to work the dock? Any and all info you can give about your company you love so much would be so greatly appreciated!

No Freight said:
Can you fine gents over here tell me why you all love your job so much. Hows the pay, hourly and mileage, drop and hook times, fuel time ect. Me being fairly new to the LTL industry I cant figure out why CWF is losing so many drivers to FXF. Oh yeah, do you guys have to work the dock? Any and all info you can give about your company you love so much would be so greatly appreciated!

20.10 hourly and .52 point something per mile
30 mins to hook a set
30 m ins to drop a set, if you do both at the same time you still get 30 mins and not an hour
15 mins pay for fueling
You are required to work the dock if under 201 miles one way, over that and no dock, but they will usually let you if they are behind and need you but not mandatory.

I can't really explain the love for Fedex. It's just a family feeling here on the east coast to me. There are some great people working at Fedex Freight on the top and the bottom, making it an awesome place to work. It's just that simple!

No Freight said:

Nice topic! With all the Con-way vs FXF and vice versa going on, I'm curious as well. I hope it can be expanded on with true up to the minute facts. I just can't see the light you guys see :duh:

cwnut said:
I can't really explain the love for Fedex. It's just a family feeling here on the east coast to me. There are some great people working at Fedex Freight on the top and the bottom, making it an awesome place to work. It's just that simple!

I think it would help some of us if you could explain the love. What is this family feeling you speak of?

Jeff said:
20.10 hourly and .52 point something per mile
30 mins to hook a set
30 m ins to drop a set, if you do both at the same time you still get 30 mins and not an hour
15 mins pay for fueling
You are required to work the dock if under 201 miles one way, over that and no dock, but they will usually let you if they are behind and need you but not mandatory.
The hourly and mileage, thats top scale right? How long to top scale...what are starting rates?

No Freight said:
The hourly and mileage, thats top scale right? How long to top scale...what are starting rates?
West line drivers know that the dock is there. Not much more than that.

I can explain the love...

Each Valentines Day, Fred Smith personally signs two hundred thousand special cards and puts a delicious piece of bavarian chocolate in each one. The cards say things like. "Happy Valentines to a Happy Fellow." Or once in awhile it will say. "If I was Gay, I would choose you," Signed Fred.

From time to time he'll just call for no reason. He'll say, "Hi there special employee number 1389900003, just wanted to give you a jingle and say I value your committment to Fedex and all it's subsidiaries. I also like your socks."

Yep, and three times a year we all get flapjacks and real vermont maple syrup.

That's where the love comes from you silly silly goose.

chainsaww said:
I can explain the love...

Each Valentines Day, Fred Smith personally signs two hundred thousand special cards and puts a delicious piece of bavarian chocolate in each one. The cards say things like. "Happy Valentines to a Happy Fellow." Or once in awhile it will say. "If I was Gay, I would choose you," Signed Fred.

From time to time he'll just call for no reason. He'll say, "Hi there special employee number 1389900003, just wanted to give you a jingle and say I value your committment to Fedex and all it's subsidiaries. I also like your socks."

Yep, and three times a year we all get flapjacks and real vermont maple syrup.

That's where the love comes from you silly silly goose.

Yep he's BACK.:chairshot:

Also we do not have that first in first out policy that CSE has that seems to me is the most redicilous policy ever creatred if they are interested in safety first.

If there are 5 bids to a center, and you are #3 then you leave after #2 regardless if he gets there before you or 15 mins after you do.
We have breaks figured into our time, it would suck to be afraid to kick a tire, and I bet you with a policy like that there are alot of people abusing their bodies and peeing in bottles thru the Conway system.

Jeff said:
Also we do not have that first in first out policy that CSE has that seems to me is the most redicilous policy ever creatred if they are interested in safety first.

If there are 5 bids to a center, and you are #3 then you leave after #2 regardless if he gets there before you or 15 mins after you do.
We have breaks figured into our time, it would suck to be afraid to kick a tire, and I bet you with a policy like that there are alot of people abusing their bodies and peeing in bottles thru the Conway system.

I talk to alot of ccx drivers and they say even if they get out late they are expected at the reship on time. Hammer down all the time.:nutkick: I sure like our system better when I look around.:duh:

thats right the dispatching is done by seneority or the other scenario two guys dispatched out same time same barn one guy has 15000 grand and an mty and the other guy has an 18000 and 15000 with an old tractor go figure which guys is gonna get there first not very fair if you ask me, and also look at our tractors for the most part we have some gems too but dual high back seats,A/C, amfm cd players 400+ hp,some have automatics most are straight or super 10s,3 years to top scale most places 1 year in high cost of living areas, NE states are at 20.65 hr...... hope this helps you out

Pompano said:
I talk to alot of ccx drivers and they say even if they get out late they are expected at the reship on time. Hammer down all the time.:nutkick: I sure like our system better when I look around.:duh:

Well if thats the case there, too bad for them, if they want me to be there on time, they will get me out on time.

This place is not perfect nothing is, but I am sure glad I work here instead of there

Jeff said:
Well if thats the case there, too bad for them, if they want me to be there on time, they will get me out on time.

This place is not perfect nothing is, but I am sure glad I work here instead of there

I agree 100%. Believe me I voice my opinions strongly. I may have my beef's, but I don't think I would work for any other ltl company.:cool:

Pompano said:
I talk to alot of ccx drivers and they say even if they get out late they are expected at the reship on time.

Pitt Ohio has that sort of crap to deal with. What the hell, you can't get out, you can't get back. It's that simple

If It Wasnt For Chainsaw I Think Id Die Of Boredum From Dealing With My Wife,oh By The Way My Wife Never Looksm At This Forum,so Idle Threats Wont Work.

CORNBINDER said:
If It Wasnt For Chainsaw I Think Id Die Of Boredum From Dealing With My Wife,oh By The Way My Wife Never Looksm At This Forum,so Idle Threats Wont Work.

You hope not...

Santaclause said:
thats right the dispatching is done by seneority or the other scenario two guys dispatched out same time same barn one guy has 15000 grand and an mty and the other guy has an 18000 and 15000 with an old tractor go figure which guys is gonna get there first not very fair if you ask me, and also look at our tractors for the most part we have some gems too but dual high back seats,A/C, amfm cd players 400+ hp,some have automatics most are straight or super 10s,3 years to top scale most places 1 year in high cost of living areas, NE states are at 20.65 hr...... hope this helps you out
Don't forget we also got our CRUISE CONTROL back!!:bgroovy:

FM

I'm sorry fellows I saw a post from Chainsaw it's great to see his wisdom is back on the boards:nutkick: :bgroovy: :smilie_132: :wavey: