FedEx Freight | I Love My J O B

Goda

SuperTrucker Wannabe
Credits
Dear Fedex,
I love working here. It's the bestest, easiest job a person could ask for. I love the fact that everything I do I get paid for. I like the fact if I sit around or have to load/unload I get paid to do so. I love the pay level and the great benefits. Most of the people are great, some are decent and a few I wouldn't let my dog play with! "I've been everywhere man" and this is by far a good time above all others. Thank you FedEx for employing me!
Sincerely,
Truck Driver #1 :hyper:

Dude! Really? You guys need to check old threads b4 starting another. But since your here, be forewarned that u should never take this job 4 granted. Treat every day here as it were your last.

u got thar right ice..given the chance, you can be thrown under the bus and left for dead. never ever trust any of the a**holes. do your job..take the pay..and run.

Dude! Really? You guys need to check old threads b4 starting another. But since your here, be forewarned that u should never take this job 4 granted. Treat every day here as it were your last.

I think that those who have to treat this job like everyday is their last probably still act like and perform like it's their first day.

I love my job at Fedex Freight "NOW", and I'm guaranteed a pay check for life. My pension check rolls in the first of every month. TP

I think that those who have to treat this job like everyday is their last probably still act like and perform like it's their first day.

I'm sitting here trying to determine if that's a negative connotation or not, but I should preface by saying that my advice was intended as friendly advice. I walk on eggshells every day in that I always keep the mindset that I may be one screwup from my last. I find this very helpful in keeping me in the proper frame of mind. nuff' said

(ugh! Quite a lot of redundancy in that post lol)

Thats on any job CI .... You cost any company enough money they are gonna boot you.

Dear Fedex,
I love working here. It's the bestest, easiest job a person could ask for. I love the fact that everything I do I get paid for. I like the fact if I sit around or have to load/unload I get paid to do so. I love the pay level and the great benefits. Most of the people are great, some are decent and a few I wouldn't let my dog play with! "I've been everywhere man" and this is by far a good time above all others. Thank you FedEx for employing me!
Sincerely,
Truck Driver #1 :hyper:

Well good you like your job, well it shows that your not ( a ex national driver) that picked up and moved to a relay point only to have it closed at the merge and find yourself at the bottom of the line haul board. So far and only so far if your at the bottom you havent been layed off yet. Im sure the extra board drivers just love the fact thier sitting at home at least 2 days a week or more or to be a bid driver that is having his or her run canceled I'm sure their loveing it.

Well good you like your job, well it shows that your not ( a ex national driver) that picked up and moved to a relay point only to have it closed at the merge and find yourself at the bottom of the line haul board. So far and only so far if your at the bottom you havent been layed off yet. Im sure the extra board drivers just love the fact thier sitting at home at least 2 days a week or more or to be a bid driver that is having his or her run canceled I'm sure their loveing it.
Silver Lining- All us National drivers that were forced to the bottom of the boards have nowhere to go but up.

I also like my job. I would just like to be able to do it efficiently. In the distant past, I would be given a Hail Mary load, and feel really great when I did what they think I couldn't get done. A few times a dispatcher actually waited until I got in to shake my hand and say thank you before he went home.

I wasn't the only driver who strived to do more than we were required to do. It was a given that you did what you needed to do to get the job done. Yeah, there were a few who were deadbeats and everyone knew who they were and were let know we thought they were lazy SOB's.

Now? Some of the best drivers I've ever worked with do just what they need to do. They still do what they can to satisfy the customer within the strict confines that are set for us. Now, if you have the wrong building number on your paperwork, and you know what building to take it to, and that it's about 1000 yards from where it says to deliver it, you have to bring it back to hit the customer with a re-delivery charge and a re-consignment charge. This happened once, because a driver noted it on his DR and our office manager flipped out. Now, the word is out, don't note it on the DR. We have to "lie" to get the job done. Does anyone but me see that this is wrong?

I do like the job. I like the people. It's just a damn shame that people that don't understand the nuances of this business are in charge.

And you have to excuse Jeff. He's a "free market until collapse" guy and loves corporate America and would like them to control everything because they provide jobs.

You couldn't be more wrong Mr. All Mighty!
There are thousands of us that give this company 100%, 100% of the time and still this company continues to have a poor outlook on such employees. I take that back, It's not the company (fedex) that has a poor outlook on employees, it's the redshirts that are unable to see a valuable employee when they're staring them in the face. If you cannot admit that there is some incompetence within the redshirt community then you are just like Guardrail. A 'know it all' in the back row of the truck stop.

You couldn't be more wrong Mr. All Mighty!
There are thousands of us that give this company 100%, 100% of the time and still this company continues to have a poor outlook on such employees. I take that back, It's not the company (fedex) that has a poor outlook on employees, it's the redshirts that are unable to see a valuable employee when they're staring them in the face. If you cannot admit that there is some incompetence within the redshirt community then you are just like Guardrail. A 'know it all' in the back row of the truck stop.

Wow!!!

Some of you people need to grow up.

You fine folks have no idea how good you have it.

I came from a company that spent hundreds of dollars to hire good people and the spent thousands to get rid of them. Every day spent at my former employer was one of stress and and discontentment...that in tandem with the ever continuing 'takebacks' from the benefit package made the job intolerable.

Every employee from my previous employer has a target on their back whether they are willing to admit it or not.

And sorry to bust your bubble...FedEx doesn't operate in such a manner whether you want to admit it or not.

Responsibilities are spread across the FedEx spectrum...no one is exempt. If you cannot accept such a premise then you are employed at the wrong company.

Where I came from everything was laid at the driver's feet...lack of profit was the driver's fault...all damages were the driver's fault...lack of adequtate business levels were the driver's fault.

The redshirts have the bulk of the responsibility of the operation...as they should...if they want to wear the shirt then accept the hassles of the job...otherwise move on.

Your job doesn't 'suck' as bad as you might think...just take the time to investigate what else is available...your viewpoint may change.

Yes...its just a job...but all things considered its one of the best out there.

"Mr Almighty" is entitled to his viewpoint...and I for one must agree.

DDOOOOOOOOMED!...BULL ::shit:: !!!!

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
"Rat" My Favorite Rodent, please tell me your still working for Con-Job. The good old days of Viking and Conway are gone but not forgotten. I pulled the pin in January, so at last, I'm a happy camper. TP

Wow!!!

Some of you people need to grow up.

You fine folks have no idea how good you have it.

I came from a company that spent hundreds of dollars to hire good people and the spent thousands to get rid of them. Every day spent at my former employer was one of stress and and discontentment...that in tandem with the ever continuing 'takebacks' from the benefit package made the job intolerable.

Every employee from my previous employer has a target on their back whether they are willing to admit it or not.

And sorry to bust your bubble...FedEx doesn't operate in such a manner whether you want to admit it or not.

Responsibilities are spread across the FedEx spectrum...no one is exempt. If you cannot accept such a premise then you are employed at the wrong company.

Where I came from everything was laid at the driver's feet...lack of profit was the driver's fault...all damages were the driver's fault...lack of adequtate business levels were the driver's fault.

The redshirts have the bulk of the responsibility of the operation...as they should...if they want to wear the shirt then accept the hassles of the job...otherwise move on.

Your job doesn't 'suck' as bad as you might think...just take the time to investigate what else is available...your viewpoint may change.

Yes...its just a job...but all things considered its one of the best out there.

"Mr Almighty" is entitled to his viewpoint...and I for one must agree.

DDOOOOOOOOMED!...BULL ::shit:: !!!!

Rat

I hear you brother. I challenge anybody on this board to come and spend a week working with me. Some of you guys have had it so good for so long that you have become disconnected with the rest of the trucking industry. LTL is cake no matter how you cut it.

LTL Drivers are like people with Down Syndrome. We don't like change. We want some certainty and consistency. Unlike down syndrome people, they are pretty happy go lucky people.

Just tell me the truth. I don't care what the truth is. Truth is truth. I just want Harrison to quit keeping us in the dark.

HubbaRocks said:
If you cannot admit that there is some incompetence within the redshirt community then you are just like Guardrail. A 'know it all' in the back row of the truck stop.

I don't do the back row, anymore. I don't need to, I work at Fedex now.

You're not a very bright individual, are you?