SAIA | I Now Understand!!!

hasbeenking

TB Regular
Credits
:chairshot: Our quarterly meeting today we discovered our linehaul is being streamlined by Georgia Tech.Our future is being determined by a bunch of kids that has never worked in transportation.EGAD!!!!!!:nutkick:

:chairshot: Our quarterly meeting today we discovered our linehaul is being streamlined by Georgia Tech.Our future is being determined by a bunch of kids that has never worked in transportation.EGAD!!!!!!:nutkick:
man I really and truthfully hope from the bottom of my heart,that this wont last that long. Just keep your eyes open for the monthly and quarterly ON TIME performace and or O/T DEL.ratiocan you say Service failure.

Our quarterly meeting today we discovered our linehaul is being streamlined by Georgia Tech.Our future is being determined by a bunch of kids that has never worked in transportation.EGAD!!!!!!

Its true. They are going to fire all linehaul except two drivers. One to go out at night and one to come back in the next morning. BOTH drivers will serve ALL terminals that night. Think of all the money Saia will save.:biglaugh: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :hysterical:

Its true. They are going to fire all linehaul except two drivers. One to go out at night and one to come back in the next morning. BOTH drivers will serve ALL terminals that night. Think of all the money Saia will save.:biglaugh: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :hysterical:

Talk about super truckers!!!!2 to run the whole board.As DC said : Don't give them any ideas

Talk about super truckers!!!!2 to run the whole board.As DC said : Don't give them any ideas

Don't worry guys. They would have to get Rudolf and his crew to pull both turns and we all know Saia ain't hiring nobody this time of the year.:1036316054:

What I wonder is if they are going to ride along with some of the drivers and get the "real" info on how linehaul is run. I'll bet a few of the 2-3 hour delays would really open their eyes.

Ride along and find out what’s really going on??? I would think not because that would crush the little bubble management works in!! How could they pat each other on the back and say great job if they knew anything!! I think blaming the dock and drivers is much easier!!!!!

Ride along and find out what’s really going on??? I would think not because that would crush the little bubble management works in!! How could they pat each other on the back and say great job if they knew anything!! I think blaming the dock and drivers is much easier!!!!!

If they didn't make such stupid expectations, we would not need nearly as many managers and district managers. They make up stupid numbers then demand everyone to make it happen. Lets boot most of the mangement and get back to trucking and make some money for the company.

Yes, we get paid delay time an hour after our cut time. The exception being if you are running "off schedule"...you get to make the free money 30 minutes after you arrive yourself.

Not at Cin.You either clock in & work the dock or hostle trailers in the yard.The new Fall guy for the regional mgrs. buffonery(that's what we call TM's up here)That's his brilliant idea.I'll be glad when they do a big house cleaning up here.:nutkick:

The only place I have seen it be a problem is in CLT. If the dispatcher knows your load won't be ready for awhile he will tell you that if you want to get paid you can work the dock. Although he said that to a system driver once and the driver called central. They paid him for 4 hours of sitting that Randy would not pay him for. I guess sometimes you just have to go over their heads. Here is a little known fact to help any of you drivers who work the dock and then drive. If you are cut off the dock before your scheduled depart time you are considered off schedule as long as you dispatch one hour before your scheduled depart time from your home terminal.

Yes, we get paid delay time an hour after our cut time. The exception being if you are running "off schedule"...you get to make the free money 30 minutes after you arrive yourself.

Its 30 minutes after your cut time!! If your cut time is 10pm you start getting paid at 10:30pm!! You don't have to work the dock or do anything except sit on your butt!!

Its 30 minutes after your cut time!! If your cut time is 10pm you start getting paid at 10:30pm!! You don't have to work the dock or do anything except sit on your butt!!

They tell us around here it's an hour if it's during your 4th-6th hour of working. 30 minutes for a lunch break + 30 minutes after your cut time = 1 hour. It sucks....it all depends on who is giving you your #'s though. The thing that gets me is they add a break into that time, but if you stopped along the way and got something to eat they would be *****ing b/c the freight was 30 minutes late.

Well the 30 minutes was a lunch!! I guess they find a way the stick it to US again!! So now its a lunch and another 30 minutes just between the 4th and 6th hour??? GOT TO MAKE SURE THE BIG BOYS GET THOSE BONUSES!!!

Not at Cin.You either clock in & work the dock or hostle trailers in the yard.The new Fall guy for the regional mgrs. buffonery(that's what we call TM's up here)That's his brilliant idea.I'll be glad when they do a big house cleaning up here.:nutkick:

Working the dock may very well happen, but as for productivity.......well, I would be reading every label on every box, making sure the consignee info matched up, the piece count was absolutely correct (don't want to get out counted by a customer) doing the job entirely by the book, including making sure the trailer was .......ahem.... properly placarded or placards taken off.

As for hostling, those doggone automatic transmissions, haven't figured them out yet on a hostling mule. It's kinda hard to read the door numbers on the yard and its always tough to read those pesky trailer numbers.