Yellow | I voted no and here is why

tom3901

TB Lurker
Credits
Almost six years at reduced rate and of course no pension. The only reason to stay at this job is the pension. They are going to pay in at a reduced rate of 25% after July ( that should keep all the funds afloat), enough is enough. Do the math and realize what king of givebacks they have already had and now they want over a 2 year extension on those. An average road man 70k per year gives up 10.5k per year that's 63k over this deal. Now, lets add in the vacation pay they want for the next 5 years once again this would be 5 weeks at 1300 is 6.5k per the life of this "job saving deal". so to make this simple an average road man at 70k per year is giving up a total of almost 70k per the life of this deal and also his pension....Now lets start talking work rules because god knows they have not bled us enough.. We pay all this money for union dues and representation but these people keep coming back saying its over unless we give them this. I kept all the last BS from the union and they said at the first giveback that its over unless..I voted yes on the first giveback as I trusted my union and thought the company would do what it took to survive.. You have to be kidding me on this..How can anyone doing the math and looking at all the money back and extra they want and they still lose money. I bet Conway or ups would make money with our labor deal. They want to close the doors wake up people. Let the fat lady sing. P Lease don't insult me after this post as a non-union person or a plant. I have 17 years at yrc , started at MBK and moved to CVE before becoming a bottom feeder at 211. The place where seniority does not count..Love that wheel....

if you dont care if they close the doors just QUIT. I for one will vote yes and be glad to work at a reduce rate for now. Just look around Mr 17 years.Are you gonna find a better paying job right now? no you aint.... So when Yrc makes money again we can fight for our pay back. I for one believe they WILL shut down, just look at the money. There aint NONE !!!

if you dont care if they close the doors just QUIT. I for one will vote yes and be glad to work at a reduce rate for now. Just look around Mr 17 years.Are you gonna find a better paying job right now? no you aint.... So when Yrc makes money again we can fight for our pay back. I for one believe they WILL shut down, just look at the money. There aint NONE !!!

I voted yes and here's why
99 Weeks: When Unemployment Benefits Run Out - 60 Minutes - CBS News
Not that it matters , the debate is over , the votes are in , let the counting begin.
Starring the California Yes voters. It went from the traditional blue work shirt, to the traditional blue work wig. :1sm364jumpbed: No thanks, I'll stick with a No vote, thank God. :LMAO:

YouTube - Katy Perry "California Gurls" Parody - California Boys

Last edited by a moderator:
Senior guys are always whining about the pension!

Some of us have over 20 years to go until we can retire. I'd rather worry about having a decent income right now. This job, whether you're on the city or line side, is easy money.

A lot of you senior guys have had it way too easy the last few years. The recession screwed up my working life at the end of '07, and it still ain't back. The most I ever made from this job (city board) is $23k back in '05.

Quit and let those of us who want to make easy money have at it!

You have drank the kool-aid

So, I have to quit if I don't agree with this garbage?....Yes I will find a equal if not better paying job...If not when times get better I will.. So I imagine your a yes vote on the next "just give us this and all will be okay concession"....YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK 6 ADDITIONAL YEARS TO RETIRE!!!!!!! That is if they say okay we will pay into pensions then.. Once you give YOU NEVER GET BACK!!!!!!!! Ever see a sales tax that has been passed been reduced once times are good? They will always find a way to not pay what they are supposed to. I am not going to quit until I see what is going to happen.. Would that be okay with you or should I cower in the closet with the light out and keep voting yes?

What!!! "just look at the money, there ain't none"!!! Just wait till helicopter ben turns all those presses up to max output to get that 4 TWILLION
more dollars into the system. Your box of fruity peeples will go to $50 a box, let alone gas and real food. Just take a look at the commodities market and how high its gone up. Thats because the dollar is losing big value, 13% since June. I was thinking with the contract gutted, massive paycuts, reduced health benefits and no pension or cost of living increase, perhaps you should quit and beat the rush to the welfare and foodstamp office. PS: How much more will you and others give when they come back because the economy has been pushed over the cliff?

Senior guys are always whining about the pension!

Some of us have over 20 years to go until we can retire. I'd rather worry about having a decent income right now. This job, whether you're on the city or line side, is easy money.

A lot of you senior guys have had it way too easy the last few years. The recession screwed up my working life at the end of '07, and it still ain't back. The most I ever made from this job (city board) is $23k back in '05.

Quit and let those of us who want to make easy money have at it!

I'm the first to admit that the senior guys are cry babies, many but not all. That being said, the pension is important to them and they'd like to collect. If that makes them self center then so be it. What makes you any different by wanting your wages up front right now? PS: Hint, conjob and a few others now pay more per hour so maybe you should quit and go after what you are seeking. Its ok, we all miss Stroud!

I'm the first to admit that the senior guys are cry babies, many but not all. That being said, the pension is important to them and they'd like to collect. If that makes them self center then so be it.

I'll give those senior OT wh*res who want their pension some advice. It's what was told to me when I ever complained about being laid off.

Not my problem guess they should have hired in sooner! :hysterical:

So if we don't like what the President, Senate and Congress do, we should leave the country? I think not. We stand up and vote them out.

Ok. Let's say you have a 35 yr old son who owns a home. He comes to you and says "Dad, I'm struggling to pay my bills. I need some help. Could you give me some money to pay my mortgage?". Being the good Dad you are and because you care for him, you help him out. You know he's a drug abuser but you think he's on the up and up this time. Now same thing happens the next month. He tells you this is it. It's what he needs to put his life in order. So because you care and trust him, you help out again. Now the third month comes. He asks again. Knowing that he has been using the money foolishly( on drugs), you tell him you can no longer help him until he gets clean. Point being....... We helped twice because we cared( me actually once, voted no the second time). They have spent their money foolishly. We should no longer help until they get clean. Or in other words, start running the business as it should be run. It's a simple plan. Pick up freight, move freight without damaging it and then deliver it. Customers are happy, we make $$.

I voted no for a number of reasons but the thing that made my mind up was the bull that I heard at the local union meeting I went to at local 776 from my President this guy is so full of it I cant stand it and neither can the rest of the guys at 135.