ABF | IBT Denies ABF’s Claim of Concessions Talks

Don't be too quick to say that ABF is lying. This could be part of the Teamsters method of bargaining. I still believe that ABF has Integrity. I may be wrong but I actually believe they have a little more than the Teamsters Union. I am proud to be a Teamster but still ABF has always had Integrity.

You need to listen to the Stephens fall investment conference that was done the 18th of Nov. with Bob Davidson speaking, He says that ABF and the IBT are in talks for concessions??? Who is right here ????

it's pretty clear to anyone with a set of eyes that the IBT is full of ::shit:: on this matter. these high level execs at ABF and Jr. have been in disussion for quite some time. this is business folks and at stake is millions of dollars. aint no way these deals are made at the snap of the fingers. why the IBT is denying this is beyond me.

Teambro....WoW!!! You are a blind follower....dude, abf is a good company 2 work for b
ut what does the ibt get out of lieing about this? Man face the facts...you got lied to, and was ready to give em consessions..wake up guys abf IS NOT IN THAT BAD OF SHAPE!! They just spent millions on a new company (3pl) and ole wes kemp and judy mcreynolds JUST GAVE THEM SELFS A MILLION DOLLER RAISE!!! GEEZ GUYS DO SOME RESEARCH!!

I don't remember saying that I would support concessions. Can you copy that from my reply and show it to me. I will try to be nice here and not call you any bad names but I have done plenty of research sir and I have also learned how to use spell checker.

You need to listen to the Stephens fall investment conference that was done the 18th of Nov. with Bob Davidson speaking, He says that ABF and the IBT are in talks for concessions??? Who is right here ????

Was almost a year to the day that Bill Zollars was at the same conference saying how everything was great and YRC was in fine financial shape and would be in great shape when the economy rebounds........ Fast forward a few weeks later and we find out they had been in secret talks for weeks with the IBT about our give backs. Well we all know how everything turned out over here since...........Lies, Lies and more. Hope you guys have better luck!!

I already have given pay concessions to ABF in the form of 10 months of being laid off as well as hundreds if not thousands of other Teamster brothers & sisters have. Some are still giving. ABF can lose 5 mill a quarter for the next 5 years and still have money in the bank! We are under paid as it is. I know it's a bad time but think about it. We need double/ triples, Haz. Mat, DOT Med card (it is going to be harder to keep soon with BMI, Sleep Apnea etc.) our driving record is under constant scrutiny and is going to be worse coming in 2010 and we get paid less than a union Parcel/package driver with a class c! This economy will turn around. It always does. NO TO CONCESSIONS !:Flame-On:

I copied that and will put it on our union board tomorrow,they showed us the 3 qrts report today,and wes kemp was talking about givebacks , .:shift:

On one hand, it's irritating that they get more $... but on the other, they weren't "Million Dollar Raises" as someone earlier in this thread stated... and in fact they weren't just raises... they were promotions for taking on new positions... I don't personally think it's unreasonable to expect that and I'm actually surprised that, compared to other corporations, our executives salaries don't seem ridiculous like some do... but if they were just raises I'd be outraged too as all raises have been frozen for non-union employees!

ScifiFri, I swear you sound just like Management, just keep buying the same old Bull----. I heard the same thing come from my sups mouth today! They are trying to feed us all BS. After 27 years with the union, it's getting very hard to find stand up guys anymore. How much more money do we get to do ReLow Cubes?

ScifiFri, I swear you sound just like Management, just keep buying the same old Bull----. I heard the same thing come from my sups mouth today! They are trying to feed us all BS. After 27 years with the union, it's getting very hard to find stand up guys anymore. How much more money do we get to do ReLow Cubes?

What do "ReLow Cubes" have to do with anything? How much more money do you get for Turnkey, Timekeeper? Answer: Your negotiated wage. I hear a whole lot of crying but I don't see anyone leaving.

Rolling_out

The wages you see reported are only a portion of thier total compensation for the year. I believe when the company files the k-8 statement once a year the execs total compensation is disclosed and it is far more than thier base salary. It includes income from all sources. I think a couple of years ago B Davidsons total package was about seven times what is being reported for W Kemp. There seems to be a great difference of opinion on what we now earn and what we should be earning. That is why I think any reductions in wages for a profit sharing plan should be volunteery. Those that are willing to jump-in, do so if you desire. A roll your own approach. The company would get some relief and each individual employee would be following thier instincts, instead of the willing speaking for the unwilling.

What do "ReLow Cubes" have to do with anything? How much more money do you get for Turnkey, Timekeeper? Answer: Your negotiated wage. I hear a whole lot of crying but I don't see anyone leaving.

Rolling_out

Thats my point, we keep doing more for the same pay.And if the company has it's way, you will do more for less, while they raise their salary. Nobody is crying and to leave would be weak, I'd rather fight for wages we have made over the years, then belly up to the company thats trying to take advantage of YRC's situation.

I don't understand so much the grief about Judy & Wes's wage increases. These are promotions, not so much raises. I can not think of anyone who would be willing to take on more responsibilities without compensation. Yes they also get stock options with these raises. But their wages are well within the norm of their positions.

As for the claims on concession talks which this thread is about. A memo was posted today saying many of Wes kemps statements were glorified by the reporter. He still claims that there has been dialog with the IBT. I would be more willing to bet that there is less truth in Tyson Johnsons statement than with Wes Kemps.