ABF | IBT Denies ABF’s Claim of Concessions Talks

Concession Talks

I really think Wes Kemp was misquoted by the writer of the article. However Wes should know by now to be very clear to reporters/writers. Anything that they can write to create interest in their articles is what they report. I don't always believe what I read in the papers or news reports.
I do know that management will have to offer something better than YRC gave their employees to get a majority of employees to say yes.

Thats my point, we keep doing more for the same pay.And if the company has it's way, you will do more for less, while they raise their salary. Nobody is crying and to leave would be weak, I'd rather fight for wages we have made over the years, then belly up to the company thats trying to take advantage of YRC's situation.

You make a strong point. I believe you should stand firm and not accept any wage concession. The point I am trying to make is that a fair days wage may include some Relocube, Timekeeper, ByRequest, etc. It may not always be what we want to do but it is what we should do to ensure our futures. This day and age eight hours of Relocube deliveries wouldn't be too bad.

I do know that management will have to offer something better than YRC gave their employees to get a majority of employees to say yes.

I hope you right. From everyone I had talked to at YRC before any of our votes, Maybe 1 outta 50 said they were gonna vote yes for the give backs. We see how that went.
I think threats by management and the union is what caused the votes to sway the way of the company. Just look at how many people said, I rather have 90 of something then nothing at all. Management and the union both saying they will close the doors if we didn't vote the way they wanted.
Don't see the union handling the ABF matter( if there is one)
any different then they did ours. I hope it don't come to that. We also sat and watched how who ever voted no was
sent to vote again or in the Chicago area after 2 no votes the locals were taken over to get what the company wanted.
What YRC offered and gave us was a joke. The stock would have to go to $60 bucks a share just to get back the money we lost out of our paychecks this year alone. With it trading at about a buck a share and getting ready to probably fall to about 0.30 cents a share if the next part of the great plan goes thru. I don't ever think we will see a profit from that exchange. Let alone anything at all. I won't even mention the pension.....

ScifiFri, I swear you sound just like Management, just keep buying the same old Bull----. I heard the same thing come from my sups mouth today! They are trying to feed us all BS. After 27 years with the union, it's getting very hard to find stand up guys anymore. How much more money do we get to do ReLow Cubes?

george never learned english huh? does that surprise you? he never had anything but ::shit:: come out of his face the whole time i was there either. matter of fact, there hasnt benn a dcent manager for abf in chicago since art l. went to fart schmitt.

it's pretty clear to anyone with a set of eyes that the IBT is full of ::shit:: on this matter. these high level execs at ABF and Jr. have been in disussion for quite some time. this is business folks and at stake is millions of dollars. aint no way these deals are made at the snap of the fingers. why the IBT is denying this is beyond me.

what do you think the IBT is got to gain from lying to ya? they say they arent, they arent. simple as that. They were approched four times, and abf didnt want to play ball with iBTs rules so they went home crying.