TForce | IBT Sends Strike Signs to UPS Freight Locals!

Wow, that is a lot of money for UPS and UPSF to be loosing per month. I wonder how long it would take the bean counters to figure out it is more cost effective to continue negotiations rather than continue to loose $15 million a month?
That's a lot of money to us. But UPS probably makes more in profits a day. UPS freight operates on a 7.4 % profit margin. UPS operates on a 9% and air operates on a 15%. We make up 5% of their revenue.

That's a lot of money to us. But UPS probably makes more in profits a day. UPS freight operates on a 7.4 % profit margin. UPS operates on a 9% and air operates on a 15%. We make up 5% of their revenue.
You make a good point. But bean counters and efficiency experts look at ways to reduce cost and become more cost effective. They don't look at the cost when compared to profit margins of economies of scope. Different services have different profit margins but all profit margins need to be maximized. And loosing $15 million a month in order to refuse negotiations is not economically sound for UPS or UPSF.

You make a good point. But bean counters and efficiency experts look at ways to reduce cost and become more cost effective. They don't look at the cost when compared to profit margins of economies of scope. Different services have different profit margins but all profit margins need to be maximized. And loosing $15 million a month in order to refuse negotiations is not economically sound for UPS or UPSF.

15 million a month is peanuts to ups.
One month of lost wages and benefits will break almost every ups freight employee.

This Buying of Overnite trucking & trying to run a LTL freight company has been a big challenge for them, so maybe there is bigger picture we are not seeing yet ?????

What kind of $ is ups throwing at you for your services?

Just because I dont support your wreckless no vote/strike doesn't equate to a quid pro quo.

To me you strike zealots are dangerous to mine and the rest of your fellow employees jobs and financial well being.

I also believe you don't really care, if you destroy people's lives, as long as you get yours.

This Buying of Overnite trucking & trying to run a LTL freight company has been a big challenge for them, so maybe there is bigger picture we are not seeing yet ?????
Overnite was a pawn for UPS to buy out of the under funded Central States Pensions. Its was a trade off. Card Check for the pension fund deal. What UPS was not expecting was the overwhelming yes vote to unionize. UPS tried 10 years earlier to buy their way out of those funds but the IBT would not allow it. That was phase one, Get ready for phase two.

Overnite was a pawn for UPS to buy out of the under funded Central States Pensions. Its was a trade off. Card Check for the pension fund deal. What UPS was not expecting was the overwhelming yes vote to unionize. UPS tried 10 years earlier to buy their way out of those funds but the IBT would not allow it. That was phase one, Get ready for phase two.

Buster you and I were there at the 2008 card check. It was easy, no vote required. That is why the union here is not at all strong, they signed a card get cheaper insurance and a $4.65 per hour raise over 5 years. It was basically a financial bribe. I told everyone at the time dont ever except those type of raises again, that was the hook for the card check.

Buster you and I were there at the 2008 card check. It was easy, no vote required. That is why the union here is not at all strong, they signed a card get cheaper insurance and a $4.65 per hour raise over 5 years. It was basically a financial bribe. I told everyone at the time dont ever except those type of raises again, that was the hook for the card check.
If you felt it was a bribe & immoral you should have resigned and moved on. You would have 10 years seniority now where ever you went....

If you felt it was a bribe & immoral you should have resigned and moved on. You would have 10 years seniority now where ever you went....
I didn't feel it was a bribe...……...It was...….Period! Sorry, already had 20 years seniority when the purchase took place.

Just because I dont support your wreckless no vote/strike doesn't equate to a quid pro quo.

To me you strike zealots are dangerous to mine and the rest of your fellow employees jobs and financial well being.

I also believe you don't really care, if you destroy people's lives, as long as you get yours.
You are a consultant. You are full of powerful lies. You are a coward. You can't stand being called out.