TForce | Idle time /Beat the IVIS

WE have the new system in Lancaster, I find that it is a better system then the IVAS. We were told that the Gps is "down the road" but is comming. Right now they are still working the bugs out. Everyone is so worried about the speed and RPM's (missing right now) not being on the screen. Well I had it for a week but since you can "black out" the screen for night driving I never saw my RPM or speed.. Just made me laugh because eveyone was worried because you couldn't see it.

Now if we can talk them into air ride suspention and not using springs we would be alot better off

i agree about the air ride! even the mechanics want it since it's less maintenance and less cumbersome when maintenance is required.

as for the new IVIS, what specifically do you like about it? just curious since i feel it's more of a tool for management rather than drivers... i do think it looks pretty cool, but the only thing i use the (old) IVIS for is to lean against when i'm sleeping. :biglaugh:

yea i used the old system as an arm rest when i was driving.. I will like the idea of not having to touch any of those phone when that option cames on line. I think it's just easier to use then the old ivas.

i guess that means no more waiting for 10 minutes for someone to pick up the phone when inbounding at harrisburg! how many feeder drivers are there in lancaster?

35 drivers and we just hired another causual (comming on board F.T.) and they are training one to start next week