XPO | If this union thing happens poll

Will you stay or will you go.

• I will stay.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I will go.

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
FACT: The middle-class working people have been taking it on the chin for the last 30 years!! WAKE UP, Whyridethefence!! And in those 30 years we've witnessed the largest transfer of wealth in human history! Where have you been?? MORE facts: Wages for the middle-class..stagnant. Health & Welfare Benefits..decreasing to the point of disappearing within a few years. Employer-paid retirement benefits: Gone, bro! But, to your credit, yes...the CENTRAL STATES Pension Fund has fallen on hard times. The WESTERN CONFERENCE Pension Fund (where mine is) has weathered fairly well during this economic downturn. It's long overdue for us Conway employees to step up and begin the process of organizing. And don't buy the anti-union garbage this company puts out on a regular basis. Their official stance of "you have the right NOT to be represented by a Union"...all the while forgetting that we also have the right TO BE represented by a Union!! And it's a right held dear by many American workers. This is America, we will stand up and organize if we believe it's the right thing to do. Last time I checked, this isn't North Korea or (⊙▃⊙) Germany.

Welcome to corporate America. I'm sure the millions in legal fees they spend trying to fend off a union we don't need is going to help that downward spiral. Keep driving those nails.

Conway's pockets are pretty deep, RoadRage..you should know this by now. Look at all the 'investments' they've made over the last few years: Saf-T-Stak trailers (huh??), hand-helds (to the tune of about $1200.00 each), hundreds of brand new tractors (from Freightliner..a UNION company..YIKES!!!). If this thing picks up any steam, they can throw all the money they want at trying to stop it, but it won't help. You'd think that after they spend tens of millions of dollars on lawyers to fight a losing cause, they'd wake up a little bit. Who would the fool be then, roadrage??

I don't anticipate any retirement. Nor do I anticipate social security being there. I save into my 401(k) - and if that doesn't do it I'll work till I die. Is what it is.

That's your choice, roadrage! As for me, I'd like to be DONE with working by the time I'm 62..or earlier. The Teamsters' "80/82/84 and out" PEER (Program for Enhanced Early Retirement) Programs make that a distinct possibility.

So that's what this is all about huh? Make them pay. Not for the good of the many, but for the punishment of the corporation. Thanks for showing your true colors.

True colors? And what are your true colors, roadrage? Perhaps you're in management at this company?? Or just an anti-union talking head??

Conway's pockets are pretty deep, RoadRage..you should know this by now. Look at all the 'investments' they've made over the last few years: Saf-T-Stak trailers (huh??), hand-helds (to the tune of about $1200.00 each), hundreds of brand new tractors (from Freightliner..a UNION company..YIKES!!!). If this thing picks up any steam, they can throw all the money they want at trying to stop it, but it won't help. You'd think that after they spend tens of millions of dollars on lawyers to fight a losing cause, they'd wake up a little bit. Who would the fool be then, roadrage??
yes perhaps instead of investing in the future of the company the should have signed up for the union and blew that cash on frivolous grievances ,i worked union for 11 years and its not all good ,some good points but also some bad points

True colors? And what are your true colors, roadrage? Perhaps you're in management at this company?? Or just an anti-union talking head??
im an anti union talking head,those are my true colors.unions destroyed the manufacturing base in the U.S either by strong arming companies into bankruptcy,or by the politicians they back.do you remember bill clinton and nafta?unions line the pockets of liberals ...im sure you will come back with facts and figures on this but the statement is correct.

Bingo, con trucker! I'm brand new to the forum here, and before Con-Way, I was a Teamster member for over 16 years. On some days, I can't believe the ::shit:: they get away with at this company! If you have any info on the current organization drive, we out West would appreciate it. Just last week we got the 'this company intends to stay anti-Union' video at our terminal. If there was ever a time for us to go Union..it's NOW!! I'm so tired of all the garbage we put up with here. And the constant 'bad-mouthing' of one of America's greatest Labor Unions. Example: at our New Employee Orientation meeting, they spent about 15 minutes bashing the Teamsters, all the while saying: "You have a right to NOT be represented by a Union"...obviously forgetting the fact that we also have a right TO BE represented by a Union!! How ****in' stupid do they think we are? PLEASE..any info on the current drive would be much appreciated. Our guys kind of concur that it may be somewhere back East, but we'd love to know!!
why do you need to spread your poison here you are already vested with a pension,so whats the issue with us?dont feed us the line about fair treatment either ,seriously whats your issue with conway?did the union brainwash you so much that you feel all companies should teeter on the brink of bankruptcy im sure you will say im an uneducated clown or something like that .but what can a union do to make my company stronger,the company i plan on retiring from with the money i sock away in 401k , can they offer me anything more than i can get for myself?

You may not be a clown but uneducated I'll agree with.Do you really think your going to be able to retire on your 401? You admitted in your post he is vested in a pension,dont you realize the reason you got part of your 401 back was to throw us a bone to try and calm this down,it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what this company is up to and how their going about doing it.I'm to the disgusted point now to where I'm willing to take a gamble,I took a gamble 21 yrs. ago hoping this would be a lasting career,Conway has turned it into nothing more than a job.I would be happy to pay dues once a month for some kick a$$ insurance,instead of paying Conway weekly for the crap we have. why do you need to spread your poison here you are already vested with a pension,so whats the issue with us?dont feed us the line about fair treatment either ,seriously whats your issue with conway?did the union brainwash you so much that you feel all companies should teeter on the brink of bankruptcy im sure you will say im an uneducated clown or something like that .but what can a union do to make my company stronger,the company i plan on retiring from with the money i sock away in 401k , can they offer me anything more than i can get for myself?

why do you need to spread your poison here you are already vested with a pension,so whats the issue with us?dont feed us the line about fair treatment either ,seriously whats your issue with conway?did the union brainwash you so much that you feel all companies should teeter on the brink of bankruptcy im sure you will say im an uneducated clown or something like that .but what can a union do to make my company stronger,the company i plan on retiring from with the money i sock away in 401k , can they offer me anything more than i can get for myself?
and I'll admit I'm uneducated when it comes to this damn computer,my last post was suppose to include this quote,hope I didnt confuse to many.lol