FedEx Freight | If union is voted yes.

Oh they would want to negotiate a contract. FedEX is all about its image and how is it going to look when they are unwilling to negotiate with their workers? We can F their image all up in the media, and the customers will be watching to see what happens. Their clean caring image can be destroyed with one walk out. People see the news and it wont look good when FedEx wont negotiate with their workers, we can cause them one hell of a PR **** storm.

Agree that the two safety policies went overboard, but the company listened and changed them due to valid concerns. Why pay someone to negotiate when the company is willing to do so?

Because the company doesn't listen to reason, unless there are horses backing it up. :Poke:

Oh they would want to negotiate a contract. FedEX is all about its image and how is it going to look when they are unwilling to negotiate with their workers? We can F their image all up in the media, and the customers will be watching to see what happens. Their clean caring image can be destroyed with one walk out. People see the news and it wont look good when FedEx wont negotiate with their workers, we can cause them one hell of a PR **** storm.

Truth in print! And the stockholders, don't forget them... If they start to bail... Mission statement Goal #1... Well, you know. :smilie93C_peelout:

I love this new little tidbit they felt compelled to add to the page-

"Loyalty: We earn the respect and confidence of our FedEx people, customers and investors every day, in everything we do. "

My belly hurts from laughing so hard, I think there was a typo.

All these trolls coming out of the woodwork are here for one purpose. Division.

Stay united and don't feed the trolls. You notice that they're only agreeing with each other and the same ones liking posts? Coincidence?

That's fine if you call me a troll, however wouldn't you be naive to not recognize that's exactly what is happening from your end? Don't you think it's funny that I ask a legitimate question and suggest a realistic possibility, the only response from you pro union guys is name calling or don't even make a point at all? I have had conversations with 3 of the guys at my terminal spear heading this and NOT ONE has given me an answer as to what we are fighting for and what are we guaranteed to get. Quite frankly they look stupid and their face and the fact the walk away only proves they don't even know what they're fighting for. You call it whatever you'd like but I call this nothing more than a middle finger to fedex from the people who would ***** and moan no matter what we made or had as a healthcare plan.

So I'm new to this forum and I've spent some time reading some of the previous posts and comments but I don't really see anyone talking about what is in my opinion the biggest issue, the contract. These guys at my barn are walking around with their chests all puffed out because we're going to a vote but even if voted yes, that's only half the battle and all they have realistically done is guarantee a freeze on our financial assets for who knows how long (golf clap) The union however can NOT guarantee ANYTHING and Fedex does NOT have to agree to a contract (please see the NLRB site if you think they do) I mean really, why would they? They already offer a competitive package and if you think the union will just waltz on in and get, get, get without Fedex taking anything away, I think you're mistaken. Not to mention, the drivers have no bargaining power, There's 3 terminals thus far, whoopty damn doo. You'd need 30 terminals to even make a small dent, sure Fedex might take a hit but if you think that they won't do everything and anything possible (including losing money) to keep the union out, you're wrong. They will force you to strike, not me because the fines the union will impose on me for crossing won't be more than I'll make the 14 hours a day I'll get while the angry birds are on the picket line, Shoot I'll fill out so many logs you'd think I was a road driver. They'll pull guys from all over the country much like they do when there's a severe weather event to help out and 1 by 1 guys will start to cross because the bills are piling up and they have mouths to feed. Good news is after it's all said and done those union carriers will still be there for those to apply at.

Did your TM teach you all that... I think so Gaydee I can see you in the office throwing a tantrum asking what can we do to make this go away!!

OMFG...they just changed the mission statement page!

Mission, Strategy, Values | About FedEx

Oh we get honorable mention status, just in front of partners and "suppliers"! :LMAO:

FedEx will strive to develop mutually rewarding relationships with its employees, partners and suppliers. Safety will be the first consideration in all operations. Corporate activities will be conducted to the highest ethical and professional standards.

That whole line in questionable in accuracy :smilie93C_peelout:

That's fine if you call me a troll, however wouldn't you be naive to not recognize that's exactly what is happening from your end? Don't you think it's funny that I ask a legitimate question and suggest a realistic possibility, the only response from you pro union guys is name calling or don't even make a point at all? I have had conversations with 3 of the guys at my terminal spear heading this and NOT ONE has given me an answer as to what we are fighting for and what are we guaranteed to get. Quite frankly they look stupid and their face and the fact the walk away only proves they don't even know what they're fighting for. You call it whatever you'd like but I call this nothing more than a middle finger to fedex from the people who would ***** and moan no matter what we made or had as a healthcare plan.

You're a fool if you don't know what a lot of drivers here are pissed off about. Many of them are scared because of the idiot managers that think they are above the law. They treat people like crap and expect more out of them. I'm a no vote for the union. But don't pretend this isn't all the fault of FedEx. We as drivers have been doing the same job for many years, it's the idiots at the top which created this situation and I don't feel sorry for them one bit. Some of us are lucky to be in places that aren't under the thumb of some ass monkey. Many are.

I really wouldn't worry about the fines for crossing a picket line. I'd be a little more concerned about facing your coworkers

Clearly you're not at my terminal and know who I am, if you were it wouldn't be hard for you to tell. Those guys really won't even look at me much less approach me. That's not saying it's because I'm a tough guy, it's me saying they're spineless. I've got mouths to feed and bills to pay, I want no parts of this union crap and I'll cross that picket line with a smile, while I'm at it I'll jump in one of their tractors and wave at them as I roll out the gate.

Mr (or Mrs?) gaydee, while there are no guarantees while seeking representation to negotiate the terms of our services, there is a CLEAR GUARANTEE of what's to come if we do NOTHING. More of the same decline we have experienced in the past few years. Even you would have to admit to the decline, right? Or are you a fairly new hire?

I still don't think you have read many of the threads here, or you'd be better informed. :smilie93C_peelout:

So I'm new to this forum and I've spent some time reading some of the previous posts and comments but I don't really see anyone talking about what is in my opinion the biggest issue, the contract. These guys at my barn are walking around with their chests all puffed out because we're going to a vote but even if voted yes, that's only half the battle and all they have realistically done is guarantee a freeze on our financial assets for who knows how long (golf clap) The union however can NOT guarantee ANYTHING and Fedex does NOT have to agree to a contract (please see the NLRB site if you think they do) I mean really, why would they? They already offer a competitive package and if you think the union will just waltz on in and get, get, get without Fedex taking anything away, I think you're mistaken. Not to mention, the drivers have no bargaining power, There's 3 terminals thus far, whoopty damn doo. You'd need 30 terminals to even make a small dent, sure Fedex might take a hit but if you think that they won't do everything and anything possible (including losing money) to keep the union out, you're wrong. They will force you to strike, not me because the fines the union will impose on me for crossing won't be more than I'll make the 14 hours a day I'll get while the angry birds are on the picket line, Shoot I'll fill out so many logs you'd think I was a road driver. They'll pull guys from all over the country much like they do when there's a severe weather event to help out and 1 by 1 guys will start to cross because the bills are piling up and they have mouths to feed. Good news is after it's all said and done those union carriers will still be there for those to apply at.

Did you like that teamster tractor trailer parked in front of your terminal?

Couple things, You said you'd been reading posts. People generally read post for what reason? INFORMATION. Next, you say noone seems to talking much about "the contract". That will come in time. Patience grasshopper, things take time. Meanwhile, continue your reading, begining Here (click here). This is where we have been discussing "what is main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?"

Then you go on to say " Not to mention, the drivers have no bargaining power, There's 3 terminals thus far, whoopty damn doo. " Then you went further with fear inspired venom that showed your true stripes. You've got us on strike and have yourself filling out logs working 14 hour days. Settle down just a bit, and try to cool your attitude. We just want to negotiate the terms of the service we provide.

Oh, and the funny part about me seeing things through union goggles! :LMAO: Why is that so funny? Because every thing I've posted is coming from a once staunch anti-union guy. I always saw the value of the union in keeping things honest for us non-union carriers, but like many (most here) I didn't think we needed it. Not HERE! But guess what, FedEx changed all that for many (most) of us, little by little. Pushing numbers, reducing compensation levels, neglecting the customers, and finally treating professionals like entry level apprentices who should feel luck to be here for training. FedEx changed the place we work into something unrecognizable. FedEx Changed "US", I'm sad to say.

As for you, read some, learn some, vote no, cross picket lines, whatever you want to do. You have that right, and I'll respect it. But I'll try not to waste any more of my time debating nonsense. :smilie93C_peelout:

You're right in saying I have the right to do whatever I want as do you, and I'll respect it. With this post bottom line I asked a legitimate question even if I added a scenario that I think is possible. As for your fedex changed us, I respectfully disagree. Fedex didn't change me and even if the policies technically changed or they came in to a preshift and mentioned it, the basic premise of go in and give an honest days work, don't hit stuff, and don't call out all the time has always been there. Who cares if it's a point system seriously. If you do those things and get a few points, you'll still have your job. Like I said, lost in all of the this, I asked a serious question and I don't understand why in not one persons eyes this is a possibility.

Clearly you're not at my terminal and know who I am, if you were it wouldn't be hard for you to tell. Those guys really won't even look at me much less approach me. That's not saying it's because I'm a tough guy, it's me saying they're spineless. I've got mouths to feed and bills to pay, I want no parts of this union crap and I'll cross that picket line with a smile, while I'm at it I'll jump in one of their tractors and wave at them as I roll out the gate.

Oh we know your not a tough guy it ain't hard to tell buddy ... Your the one that won't approach anybody your to busy crying in TM's office ... We have the

Crossing a picket line is about as spineless as it gets.

yrc-atm don't you have your own board? why you trolling here? you want are dues for your under funded pension? FedEx issue not a YRC issue..sorry YRC we have better wage then you, sorry we have double retirement, sorry YRC is in the red, your trolling here won't change YRC...different company different issues...worry about YRC not FedEx trolllllllll.............