ILL. Fatal in 4 Semi Crash.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
1 dead in four-semi accident on I-80 near Minooka :: The SouthtownStar :: News

i80crashminooka0622.jpg_20090622_17_37_23_1355-229-400.imageContent

Looks like the front two trucks hit head on? I see the chrome drive fenders facing the middle truck, you can see the ICC bumper on the other end. What happen?

Yes Data-man I can see the longer you view the crash photo I first posted you can see all the semi's are facing the same way end to end.
I can only gather from what little information that was reported.
The first 3 semi's must have been going slow,or were stopped when the last trucker in line the steel pipe hauler wasn't able to stop,running into the tail of the third semi which cost him his life.

Yes, I looked again and they all are going the same way. It just does not pay to tailgate or fail to pay attention to the traffic in front of you.

Ok that's better, I thought I was seeing things, that would be a good optical illusion pic, it's just tragic as to the result of the crash.

The deceased driver was 39 years old and lived in Bradley, Illinois. His body was forced deep into the grain along with some of the steel tube he was hauling.

Tailgating happens alot on this stretch, why are truckers in such a hurry to kill themselves with aggressive driving, how much quicker do they get to their destination. I'm guessing they are thinking they are too good to let it happen to them. and if I recall tailgating can get Your CDL pulled,

My thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased person's family.

I agree tailgating is a very bad practice,the heavier the load the more distance you should be putting between you and the vehicle ahead of you.

the ones who always suffer the most in any fatal crash are the survivors.