TForce | I'm now positive.

I agree 100% dugan. I would have just put the shirt on and kept my mouth shut with no questions asked at all. Im sure, after what this guy just went thru, he may have a diffrent view of what he needs to do to tow the line.

jalcam2006 said:
Thanks for all the replys folks. This person was in fact allowed to come back to work last night. He had to agree to not fight the fact that he lost 5 days pay and just "be grateful" he kept his job. He also had to drop harrasment charges that he filed and the super had to do the same. They have to just learn to get alone for their jobs I guess.

I guess what concerned myself the most here was not the tee shirt or the words that were exchanged but the fact that there was no recourse what so ever for this driver had he indeed been fired with your job in the hands of a peer review board.
I agree! I have always had a problem with the peer reveiw board being company employees. I have never had to use the reveiw board but I believe this board should be made up of members who do not work for the company. This way there would be no bias one way or the other towards the employee being reviewed. In most cases the board is made up of members from the area that you work and may know the employee on review.

BusterNite said:
I agree! I have always had a problem with the peer reveiw board being company employees. I have never had to use the reveiw board but I believe this board should be made up of members who do not work for the company. This way there would be no bias one way or the other towards the employee being reviewed. In most cases the board is made up of members from the area that you work and may know the employee on review.
I know one of the Peer review employees and he is fair minded....Do you really want someone who could care less?And he has been from Portland ME to Harrisburg PA to review And vote on cases.

Johnnybegood said:
I know one of the Peer review employees and he is fair minded....Do you really want someone who could care less?And he has been from Portland ME to Harrisburg PA to review And vote on cases.
So, if you were up against the board and you know this member, He would not be bias. You just proved my point!

Johnnybegood said:
Another thing is it is just that, the same people all the time. The problem with that is they get comfortable with each other on the board and sometimes predetermine the case before it is heard. Imagine if the courts of America ran that way, the same juries hear the cases. They call that Communism.

Jeez, hug, ya mean if you and a cop are involved in a court case and give opposing testimony you think that the cop does'nt win 90% of the time...that's called the American justice system

hugnlug said:
Another thing is it is just that, the same people all the time. The problem with that is they get comfortable with each other on the board and sometimes predetermine the case before it is heard. Imagine if the courts of America ran that way, the same juries hear the cases. They call that Communism.
They change the members from time to time....And if you don't think that isn't done in any system good luck to ya........:duh:

Johnnybegood said:
They change the members from time to time....And if you don't think that isn't done in any system good luck to ya........:duh:
Thats why many of us are voting YES!! Good luck to ya.

bad habit said:
Jeez, hug, ya mean if you and a cop are involved in a court case and give opposing testimony you think that the cop does'nt win 90% of the time...that's called the American justice system
That's because 90% of the time, the accused is guilty.

Johnnybegood said:
I know one so whats your point i said fair ..........:cool:
You Have been here long enough, So my point was Exactly what I said. Now look back at years past board reviews and tell me that some were not bias because of the members knowing the employee. THINK!!!!!

If I did something dumb enough to have to use the PRB, then I would rather have someone that I knew, versus people that I did not know, (company and union BA's) making a decision about my job. At least I could plead "stupid" and my peers might give me a chance because they may have had a "stupid" moment in their career.

bamaboy said:
If I did something dumb enough to have to use the PRB, then I would rather have someone that I knew, versus people that I did not know, (company and union BA's) making a decision about my job. At least I could plead "stupid" and my peers might give me a chance because they may have had a "stupid" moment in their career.
The problem is this, There actually may be a very unsafe driver who does not belong behind the wheel of a tractor trailer who puts everyones life in danger and may get his or her job back because of a bias board member.

If that is the case, then the managment people would vote "No" and if all 3 of the employees vote "Yes" it would go to a arbritator who would make the decision.

bamaboy said:
If that is the case, then the managment people would vote "No" and if all 3 of the employees vote "Yes" it would go to a arbritator who would make the decision.
Yes, I know how it works. I have seen it happen and I have seen a drivers job reinstated and I have seen people get killed do to a bias board. The employee no longer works for the company. A little to late. All could have been avoided. The law suits still continue!

BusterNite said:
Yes, I know how it works. I have seen it happen and I have seen a drivers job reinstated and I have seen people get killed do to a bias board. The employee no longer works for the company. A little to late. All could have been avoided. The law suits still continue!

You mean that an employee at a non-Union company that did not deserve his job, got his job back anyway? Simply amazing:duh:

BusterNite said:
You Have been here long enough, So my point was Exactly what I said. Now look back at years past board reviews and tell me that some were not bias because of the members knowing the employee. THINK!!!!!
I know a few drivers who should have been let go but do you think the union will get rid of them?THINK....

Johnnybegood said:
I know a few drivers who should have been let go but do you think the union will get rid of them?THINK....
Wow!!!! You have to get off it!!! Where did I ever mention the union regarding the review board????????

Johnnybegood said:
Then you must be a supervisor following these drivers around, so you shouldn't be passing yourself off as a "working" man, and passing judgement on your co-workers, or maybe your just "better" than they are.

TheBigR said:
Then you must be a supervisor following these drivers around, so you shouldn't be passing yourself off as a "working" man, and passing judgement on your co-workers, or maybe your just "better" than they are.
BigR, DY a.k.a. JBG or anyone is more than welcome to follow my a$$ around if they can keep up. It is his warped interpetation of how only a true company devouted kool-aid drinking employee should carry themselves. You know after we become union, I still will give the company 100% when I'm there. A honest days work, for a fair wage.