ABF | In Search of Slipseat Box

I can only imagine the amount of irate invective from other truckers behind the person who had to come to a complete halt on a hill so you could re-orient the sticks on a Duplex............"Helluva spot for a break, driver!" " Did you just run out of log hours?" " Page #33 on the Driver's Manual, Buddy, will tell you how to get it in gear!" "Do you want us to take a collection up so you can hire a crew to push you over the mountain?".......

And those would be the merely sarcastic, as opposed to the vast amount of scatalogical ones defaming your hereditary, intelligence, and choice of sustenance and eating habits coming over the CB,......That is, if they had been invented by that time......
Or ya got a 10 year old tractor & you are looking for the shift pattern up on the overhead or visor only to find it is gone or long ago faded away. I wonder if today's GPS Software has shifting directions for a 4 by 4.? von.

Or ya got a 10 year old tractor & you are looking for the shift pattern up on the overhead or visor only to find it is gone or long ago faded away. I wonder if today's GPS Software has shifting directions for a 4 by 4.? von.
Don't need directions Von, Do you not realize us truck drivers know everything?
When PIE aquired Transcon I drove one of their tractors 200 mi. before I noticed it was a 10 spd, ours was 9 spd.

Hah! I left my 30 year old "Teamster Entertainment Center" in my old city tractor the day I retired.........10" subwoofers would make the windows shake.......Guys said I was "ruining" it by only playing classical music on it.........

I heard it was "appropriated" by the.....quickest........guy there.

Use it in Good Health, Brother!

Symphony Hall on XM gets regular airplay on my radio box as well...

And then there's Atlanta..............Only thing that fits there is a bluegrass station playing "Orange Blossom Special"...........Either that or the theme from "Hee Haw".....

Now you are speaking my language, Roy Acuff, Flatt & Scruggs, Bill Monroe, I guess the only thing close to you guy's music
that would come in on my radio might be The William Tell Overture.
Guess I'm not loaded with class.

All music is sacred, and cuts across political, societal, and economic lines.......

Except for the late '60's "They're Coming To Take Me Away" by Napoleon and the Bonapartes.......

Now that is a real stretch to call that song music. von.

Now that we've mentioned this....."song"....Bro. Von,.....I sincerely hope I didn't plant an earworm in your head, and sometime today you'll find yourself tonelessly humming , nodding your head and beating out the time on a coffee counter somewhere..........

Whatever you do......DON'T!! ....Google this....."song"........Madness lies in that direction.........

Now that we've mentioned this....."song"....Bro. Von,.....I sincerely hope I didn't plant an earworm in your head, and sometime today you'll find yourself tonelessly humming , nodding your head and beating out the time on a coffee counter somewhere..........

Whatever you do......DON'T!! ....Google this....."song"........Madness lies in that direction.........
Just had to bring it up, didn't you. You new I was humming that tune, but you still had to alert the media & everyone else on this board. Thanks a lot. Memo. Let's see, remove Canary from XMAS list. Start Legal proceedings. von.