Ind. basketball dad knocks coach unconscious because he forced daughter to run laps

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
An Indiana father is facing serious charges after launching a brutal attack on his daughter's assistant middle school basketball coach for the coach's implementation of an incredibly simple and traditional practice: He made her run laps in the gym............

...................According to WSBT, Yackus had punished Miller's daughter and another player who argued with each other during practice. Yet the only punishment that Yackus meted out was making the two girls run laps in the school's gym. It appears that pushed the elder Miller over the edge. When he went to pick up his daughter later, she told the elder Miller about her punishment and he immediately attacked Yackus and punched him in the face.That first punch apparently leveled the assistant coach, knocking him to the ground, where Miller climbed on top of him and repeatedly punched him in the face and head until he was completely unconscious.......................

Ind. basketball dad knocks coach unconscious because he forced daughter to run laps | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

I tell you it just keeps getting worst out there !!!!

I agree with you R-14. I just can't click like on that article to say so. That is beyond sick. He needs to be put into a padded cell for the rest of his (what I hope is) short life.

My family and I were just discussing this article. This has become unbelievable! These parents nowadays need to have their head checked. All of this, because a coaching staff tried to teach the team the meaning of teamwork and team unity. Wow. Looks like I better start taking the boxing gloves to my practices, in anticipation for a psychotic parent attacking me. Where does it end?

Parents are nuts when it comes to their kids with sports and I would NEVER coach for that reason. Finally, if its not on YouTube then I don't believe any story...

As some of you already know, I do coach basketball and football. And as more stories like this come out, the more it makes you think that some of the parents are a ticking time bomb. And I can picture a few of my player's parents coming unraveled, although none have so far. As a coach, there is a fine line of how to get your point across to the players, without crossing it. I've found that I have to try to stay emotionally calm during the heat of a game, which is getting a little easier as the years go by. Since I'm passionate about the sports that I coach, it's not as easy as you would think. Usually, after I chew someone's butt, I try to finish with some positive comments. I'm guessing that some of the parents see me talking to their child after I pull them out of the game, and later ask their child what I said. But, oh well, that part of the job as a coach. Players and parents need to stop being so thin skinned. In sports, things don't always go your way.

Indiana basketball,is Indiana(Boys or Girls)....It's easy to get wrapped up in success...Most parents are civil human beings though..At least they weren't packing and took it out on the student body....

I think that the biggest problem with parents is that they all think that their little Johnny is the best player on the court/field and that the coach has a problem with them, and that causes the lack of playing time, which only fuels their fire. When in reality......the kid just isn't any good.