ODFL | Industry “leaders” suggested solutions to the driver shortage.

Short Driver's but nobody will raise the pay scale ??
774f107a33c6ca00cabba908f419039b.jpg
There is no driver shortage. There are more CDL holders than job openings. The pay rate has not risen enough to for those drivers to take the empty jobs. Simple economic forces that are working correctly.

There is no driver shortage. There are more CDL holders than job openings. The pay rate has not risen enough to for those drivers to take the empty jobs. Simple economic forces that are working correctly.
Really , no driver shortage ?? Where did you that info ? The Iowa Gazette daily News ?

Really , no driver shortage ?? Where did you that info ? The Iowa Gazette daily News ?

There’s plenty more info out there that backs up this study.

The “driver shortage” is a fabrication of the trucking lobby (ATA) to convince govt leaders to help them increase the supply of drivers, when the real problem is retention. Turnover is in the mid 90s in the truckload Industry. It’s akin the having a cut artery, and your doctor saying you simply have a blood supply shortage, while ignoring the gushing blood. Since they don’t know anything, the senators and congress fall for this garbage and pass bills such as allowing 18 year olds to drive interstate.

The only way this gets fixed is an honest discussion of what is causing such high turnover, and fixing those problems once and for all. A good start would be to reclassify truck drivers as “non-exempt” from the Fair Labor Standards Act. That way at least they would be entitled to a minimum wage, and overtime for all hours worked over 8/40. I haven’t seen much from the current administration, so I expect we will be in this mess for some time to come.

I dont know about you but when you consider a lifetime spent in trucking with all those hours that cannot ever be paid... Its really bad.

Dont misunderstand me, I'll die a American Trucker. Its what I am. But when faced with the economic losses of that magnitude I can probably come to the conclusion that tens of millions of people were taken advantage of pretty badly.