Indy's Vote Prediction!

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by Skeeter, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Mike01

Mike01 Member

No problem....

2. accelerator

accelerator Active Member

You hit the nail rite on the head!!!!!!!:1036316054:

3. accelerator

If you remember correctly there was a PCM that was handed atleast to the people in my terminal , from the main office,that stated this contract is for INDY and INDY only.

What does this tell you, as well as section 2 article 2 ?

4. accelerator

Well silver there is medical, I do not think it is as good as ours, but I have too wait and see, the piece that was sent to us by skeeter, although it covered some, did not get into detail with the medical, and some of the pages were missing, what I read was not that impressive, but with out a complete contract, it's hard to say.

5. accelerator

After 40, is not the same as after 40 and 8, I am sure you know this, now if they can afford to pay INDY this, they can do the same for the rest of us.

TM'S can say what they want, and if they believe it is the same, they are playing a game, it would be naive for me, or us ,to settle for OT after 41 ,after this contract is put into place.

The TM'S do not want to see the union, because they will have to follow the rules, which inturn makes thier job harder.

6. KGB 18

KGB 18 Active Member

In the long run I truley believe it will make there jobs easier. They can break the rules and be subjest to $ damages. At first the upper managers will push them but after a few high $ grievance losses, the rules will apply. Hopefully with little grey area.

7. accelerator

If your TM'S Senior is seeing your terminal paying out in redundancy, it comes off of the bottom line, and your boss would be held accountable.

For instance, if a dispatcher calls a junior man in 2 hrs. prior to you, not only do you get paid for those 2 hrs. not worked, so does'nt the man that worked them. Now your TM has to keep and eye on things.

Get my point.

8. Bmftrucker

Bmftrucker Member

A contract ensures much more attention to detail on the part of local management. Production numbers, hours, seniority will all have to be scrutinized much more closely at that point.

9. stldude44

stldude44 Active Member

Not really. Any Company who doesn't scrutinize these numbers already is way behind the corporate curve. UPS is not way behind the curve. In fact, they may have invented the curve. They were all about numbers back in the 80's when every other freight Company was laid back and easy to work for.

10. accelerator

And now they have a freight company and I am sure the worst is yet too come.