Yellow | Inflation is the story behind the story

If you truly believe The Union is the problem in trucking, then you don't know your history.
The union was created to pay the driver. Should the driver be paid? Of course....
All the Union did was make a fair agreement, on paper, that everyone could read and know.
People were fed up with nonunion companies turning a semi into a sweat shop.
I know, I worked nonunion for 17 years. It was a life of misery.
So before you trash The Union, understand Deregulation, and a Fair days work for a fair days pay.

Reactions: TC1
As for Yellow, lets not forget that management paid themselves, in 1 year, 30 million dollars. While the company is failing at their behest. Teamsters gave with the government almost 4 BILLION dollars to save this company. But management could not stop giving themselves bonuses.
Sorry you lost you little cake run. Guess you actually have to put in the work now.
But before you come onto this board, know your sh!t.
You look foolish.

Reactions: TC1
Who did you work for in those 17 years?
I hauled UPS freight from Louisville, to California, then produce back, every week. I had a chicken truck. No governor. I think at one point I had 10 points on my license. I drove myself to death, risking it all. Chain up my Peterbilt at 4 am in a storm in Wyoming. Come down Cabbage fully loaded with apples out of Washington. Daily thinking "today, I am going to die in this truck". This was my job for almost 2 decades. I knew nothing about the union. I pushed the wheel of suffering for years. Women came and left. A life of poverty. It was terrible.

I hauled UPS freight from Louisville, to California, then produce back, every week. I had a chicken truck. No governor. I think at one point I had 10 points on my license. I drove myself to death, risking it all. Chain up my Peterbilt at 4 am in a storm in Wyoming. Come down Cabbage fully loaded with apples out of Washington. Daily thinking "today, I am going to die in this truck". This was my job for almost 2 decades. I knew nothing about the union. I pushed the wheel of suffering for years. Women came and left. A life of poverty. It was terrible.
Women came and left in my life also, I thought that was an advantage! :hysterical: :hilarious:

@KeepTruckn You will see now why The Union is so necessary. When I heard the contract read to me, I was shocked. This situation with Yellow ending breaks my heart. Because I wanted another 100 years of a place where people don't have to suffer, and make a living. I wanted it so damn bad.
Buy I would NEVER trash The Teamsters, not ever. For you to do this because you lost your cake run is wrong. Teamsters are Yellow suffered, and will now really suffer, the older ones. You are going to see why The Union must live on and grow. "A fair days work for a fair days pay" was all we ever asked for.

Women came and left in my life also, I thought that was an advantage! :hysterical: :hilarious:
Yellow moved me to Florida in 2017. Been here happy as a clam.
So now, taking a breath, trying to figure out what's next.
Reno has my eye for sure.
Florida has opportunity as well.
Ill decide by next monday.

That does sound terrible! But your experience is not what a non union LTL job is like. Not making an argument here for or against union or non union but be careful thinking your experience was normal when you say “I worked nonunion for 17 years and not going back”. Sounds like you were like an owner operator to me at a terrible outfit.

That does sound terrible! But your experience is not what a non union LTL job is like. Not making an argument here for or against union or non union but be careful thinking your experience was normal when you say “I worked nonunion for 17 years and not going back”. Sounds like you were like an owner operator to me at a terrible outfit.
I will say this when I was OTR at a non union company they had a safety department and if I felt it was unsafe I could shut it down.... If I would of said I'm shutting it down when they gave me my phone call because a winter storm was coming through they would of said I voluntarily quit.... I was even reading that FedEx guys can turn it around and shut it down the moment the truck breaks traction.... Imagine driving around the block breaking traction and coming back into dispatch saying it's unsafe I broke traction... Yellow's safety was a joke and other companies do take better care of their drivers. Something I pay attention too when in a snowstorm to see what other carriers are out on the road. You'll notice some companies like 90% of them are not working that day. Usually mostly union carriers rolling because of the union and anti union hate relationship between company and unions.

I won't say names but my terminal had a dispatcher that would of told you to go drive off a cliff if that's what the customer wanted.

Ya, I took a break and worked as an electrician in Indy. And fell into Yellow by accident. So my view is beyond LTL. I have friends that work for OD and are very happy. So When I talk about trucking, I mean in general. But I do understand that this board is focused on LTL, which sometimes I forget.

I will say this when I was OTR at a non union company they had a safety department and if I felt it was unsafe I could shut it down.... If I would of said I'm shutting it down when they gave me my phone call because a winter storm was coming through they would of said I voluntarily quit.... I was even reading that FedEx guys can turn it around and shut it down the moment the truck breaks traction.... Imagine driving around the block breaking traction and coming back into dispatch saying it's unsafe I broke traction... Yellow's safety was a joke and other companies do take better care of their drivers. Something I pay attention too when in a snowstorm to see what other carriers are out on the road. You'll notice some companies like 90% of them are not working that day. Usually mostly union carriers rolling because of the union and anti union hate relationship between company and unions.

I won't say names but my terminal had a dispatcher that would of told you to go drive off a cliff if that's what the customer wanted.
Driving a set through black ice... a recipe for disaster....

@KeepTruckn You will see now why The Union is so necessary. When I heard the contract read to me, I was shocked. This situation with Yellow ending breaks my heart. Because I wanted another 100 years of a place where people don't have to suffer, and make a living. I wanted it so damn bad.
Buy I would NEVER trash The Teamsters, not ever. For you to do this because you lost your cake run is wrong. Teamsters are Yellow suffered, and will now really suffer, the older ones. You are going to see why The Union must live on and grow. "A fair days work for a fair days pay" was all we ever asked for.
People trashed the union under Hoffa.
They're gonna trash it under O'Brien.
Get used to it.
It's how it is.

People we're blind then....and are most probably blind now.
Didn't make anybody less a Teamster then.
Won't make anybody less a Teamster now.
It takes all kinds.

Yellow moved me to Florida in 2017. Been here happy as a clam.
So now, taking a breath, trying to figure out what's next.
Reno has my eye for sure.
Florida has opportunity as well.
Ill decide by next monday.
You told me you're a Hebrew and you never met another Hebrew in your life.....in Florida?
Where was the terminal? Submerged in a swamp?
You never got out of the truck?

You told me you're a Hebrew and you never met another Hebrew in your life.....in Florida?
Where was the terminal? Submerged in a swamp?
You never got out of the truck?
We had a Jewish road driver at New Penn from New England area. His handle was 'Rabbi'. He moved to Florida after he retired years ago

People trashed the union under Hoffa.
They're gonna trash it under O'Brien.
Get used to it.
It's how it is.

People we're blind then....and are most probably blind now.
Didn't make anybody less a Teamster then.
Won't make anybody less a Teamster now.
It takes all kinds.
I just don't understand the fellow teamster brothers and sisters trashing the teamsters..... That's George Soros type diabolical stuff.......