XPO | Interesting read.........

interesting is right. Retiring and planning on that monthly income is something these guys worked for for years.

It is sad that these people will suffer because of others' greed and mismanagement.

I remember when we were going to have $3-4k a month in our pension, too. Now, not so much. We at least know ahead of time it ain't there.

This is clearly not the reason for a union push at other carriers. They just care about our working conditions and our futures, right?

interesting is right. Retiring and planning on that monthly income is something these guys worked for for years.

It is sad that these people will suffer because of others' greed and mismanagement.

I remember when we were going to have $3-4k a month in our pension, too. Now, not so much. We at least know ahead of time it ain't there.

This is clearly not the reason for a union push at other carriers. They just care about our working conditions and our futures, right?

And I'm sure Con-way is super worried about your future too... Teamsters may not be the answer but... I'm afraid your pompoms are showing again...

If you call being 53 with 10 yrs. in, and all of sudden finding out your pension is going to be 1/10 what you expecting. Then yes you are right.

If you call being 53 with 10 yrs. in, and all of sudden finding out your pension is going to be 1/10 what you expecting. Then yes you are right.
Don't know your situation, but in general if you start thinking of retirement at 43, you are in trouble.

And I'm sure Con-way is super worried about your future too... Teamsters may not be the answer but... I'm afraid your pompoms are showing again...
Didn't say they were. I know the union's not. That's the point.

I'm afraid your horses are showing.
International_Brotherhood_of_Teamsters_(emblem).png

Well doggie! We're simpatico

For the record, I am NOT pro-con-way... but I am definitely anti union.

Because some of us asked for Union help, we have ALL benefited. Seems we could benefit quite a bit more were we to further our relationship.

What is your solution to the corporation's need to take advantage of it's workforce? Do nothing? A few of us tried communicating our displeasure (forget the surveys) for many years but our condition got worse. The rest are too scared to say anything.....and there are a few sheep that think the corporation can do no wrong.

Note; LOL, Those are the ones the corporation flies up to Ann Arbor to get "typical" driver input on policy, new trucks, benefits, etc....... Rewarding blind loyalty is fine but their source of driver input is far from true.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. I rambled. Again, what's the solution?

Because some of us asked for Union help, we have ALL benefited. Seems we could benefit quite a bit more were we to further our relationship.

What is your solution to the corporation's need to take advantage of it's workforce? Do nothing? A few of us tried communicating our displeasure (forget the surveys) for many years but our condition got worse. The rest are too scared to say anything.....and there are a few sheep that think the corporation can do no wrong.

Note; LOL, Those are the ones the corporation flies up to Ann Arbor to get "typical" driver input on policy, new trucks, benefits, etc....... Rewarding blind loyalty is fine but their source of driver input is far from true.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. I rambled. Again, what's the solution?

Okay, that's great. But what will that union do for you ?

The topic here is pensions being cut. And the union ain't doing anything to stop it. They are willfully participating in the process.

Go work for a union carrier. Concessions. Give backs. Junk equipment.

Holland around me.... they worked the holiday weekend. Got Thanksgiving off. That was it. Management trying to force them to the street out of hours. It's terrible. We got guys that quit there to come work for us and love it.

I'm retired and collecting my pension that's not what I was promised when I hired on. Luckily, I didn't depend on Con-Way or the government to support me in retirement. I contributed heavily to the 401(k).

I heard a new one last night from two different drivers at different times , from different terminals. They said that the Palace was looking into buying out what little bit of pension that us old timers have. They want everyone to be on the same page. In other words right now some drivers has a pension ( If you want to call it that ) while others don't . They want to give us a lump sum now and not have anything when we retire. If they were to do something like that there is no way the amount would be anything substantial . It would be just another way of spitting in our face and laughing at us. If they do something like this it would just go further to prove they are no more than white collar trash.

Okay, that's great. But what will that union do for you ?

The topic here is pensions being cut. And the union ain't doing anything to stop it. They are willfully participating in the process.

Go work for a union carrier. Concessions. Give backs. Junk equipment.

Holland around me.... they worked the holiday weekend. Got Thanksgiving off. That was it. Management trying to force them to the street out of hours. It's terrible. We got guys that quit there to come work for us and love it.

That's easy, the union will provide us with a voice. And then a written contract. Our voice channeled through a threat has already benefited ALL of us. Thank a union member and or your local organizing committee when you see them.
So the next question is; What will the corporation do for you?.....to you? lol

So have u received a letter saying what ur pension is anyone lately? I haven't I wasn't ::shit:: anyways. Do ur homework don't count on anyone else