XPO | Interesting read.........

We don't need to get in. We can simply build on our existing pension. Nobody said we have to participate in the union pension. As stated before, our contract is ours to negotiate and then vote on anyway we want.
And as far as "everyone else is doing it", did anyone's mother ever say that made it okay? We spent 3/4 of a billion dollars on an overpriced T/L carrier that we had no business doing. How far into the future would our pension have been funded with 3/4 of a billion dollars in 2006? The corporation would have met it's obligations to it's workforce and demonstrated some integrity as a bonus.

the whole point of the story was that pensions are becoming a thing of the past. You think a union can magically come in and make our new pension strong for the long haul when most companies realize it can't be sustained?

As far as "everyone else is doing it", that's not the point. It had to be done to have any kind of retirement. The company pension can't be sustained, just like the article stated.

Lastly, and I do mean that, the union wants OUR money to bail them out of their obligations. Simple as that. You all enjoy yourselves, I'm out.

YZcnSEu.jpg

FBlA2mC.jpg

Don't look to junky to me !!!

That looks like a 13-letter ::shit:: spreader to me... Don't know if anything can fix that particular problem...

You guys have some pretty rough old sterlings as well, two guys that work for ConJob who live in my neighborhood, that's what they call it !!! Tell me some pretty slimy crap about that place as well!! You are on some permanent give backs and some pretty shady crap on that pension that you speak of as well!!!! As far as equipment goes I can only speak for my ( assigned) tractor which has a few miles on her but still runs really good and looks and drives great!!!!!!
Damn that truck is clean ... You could eat off the floor ... Has to be a Conway tractor.

Nope, holland tractor with a million 2 hundred thousand on it!! I just take care of it, and the same city man drives it everyday!
Some people just take pride in what they drive .... Others .... Not so much .... My problem has always been when your in a different truck almost everyday you get tired of cleaning up what others mess up ... I can clean one up today and get it back in two weeks with snuff and chicken bones on the floor ... If I had a assigned tractor it would be spotless ... But in the big city terminals that's almost impossible. So there comes a point .... When does there come a time when I just say no more .... I'm not cleaning up what others mess up ... I will clean the windows for safety purposes ... I will clean what I mess up .... But that's it.

Some people just take pride in what they drive .... Others .... Not so much .... My problem has always been when your in a different truck almost everyday you get tired of cleaning up what others mess up ... I can clean one up today and get it back in two weeks with snuff and chicken bones on the floor ... If I had a assigned tractor it would be spotless ... But in the big city terminals that's almost impossible. So there comes a point .... When does there come a time when I just say no more .... I'm not cleaning up what others mess up ... I will clean the windows for safety purposes ... I will clean what I mess up .... But that's it.
I'm not there Mother.

This is one of the benefits of an IRA .... Opposed to a pension ... When the wife passes with a pension that money is gone .... Not with an IRA .. My children will get the rest .... And it will be a considerable amount.

My wife will drawn my pension after I pass, small penalty but really not a big deal!! That's on a teamster pension!! I think it's called the survivor plan!!

My wife will drawn my pension after I pass, small penalty but really not a big deal!! That's on a teamster pension!! I think it's called the survivor plan!!
Yes ... I understand that and that's a pretty sweet deal ... But my point is after your wife passes that pension dies ... It's gone ... Not with an IRA ......... Whats left my children get .... And they stand to get a lot .... Most think I had a pension and got a lump sum to roll over in an existing IRA .... I'm not saying I did or didn't ..... But I would look at all options and do what served my family the best ... I want my children to get everything they can after me and my wife pass.

Yes ... I understand that and that's a pretty sweet deal ... But my point is after your wife passes that pension dies ... It's gone ... Not with an IRA ......... Whats left my children get .... And they stand to get a lot .... Most think I had a pension and got a lump sum to roll over in an existing IRA .... I'm not saying I did or didn't ..... But I would look at all options and do what served my family the best ... I want my children to get everything they can after me and my wife pass.

I've been dumping a pretty sum in to IRA's for years now!!! No 401k's for me!! To iffy!!! I only have one child and she is pretty self proficient, in due time she will be making more money than I ever could!! Just blessed I guess.....

I've been dumping a pretty sum in to IRA's for years now!!! No 401k's for me!! To iffy!!! I only have one child and she is pretty self proficient, in due time she will be making more money than I ever could!! Just blessed I guess.....
You are blessed brother ... Truly blessed ... IRA's are the only way to go for someone like me.

This is one of the benefits of an IRA .... Opposed to a pension ... When the wife passes with a pension that money is gone .... Not with an IRA .. My children will get the rest .... And it will be a considerable amount.

Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, we have investments too. Pension payouts are a gamble no matter which you choose, and they're based on average life expectancy. We're in better than average health and expect to live longer than average, so we chose the lifetime payout.

the whole point of the story was that pensions are becoming a thing of the past. You think a union can magically come in and make our new pension strong for the long haul when most companies realize it can't be sustained?

As far as "everyone else is doing it", that's not the point. It had to be done to have any kind of retirement. The company pension can't be sustained, just like the article stated.

Lastly, and I do mean that, the union wants OUR money to bail them out of their obligations. Simple as that. You all enjoy yourselves, I'm out.

We could copy the UPS pension approach.

And killing our pension had to be done protect our retirement???? LOL, They all but eliminated our retirement as a benefit. Please don't tell me that 401K is ANY kind of replacement. We already had one and their additional contribution is insignificant, at best.

They got greedy and spent YOUR pension on a truckload carrier. That three quarters of a BILLION dollars would be funding our retirement for many many years. And to think, my co-workers bought the whole idea that the new and improved 401K plan was an "enhancement". LMFAO, and then they told us we were living the dream!!! They were pissing on our legs and telling us it was raining.

I want that pension back. They can sell CFI to fund it and meet their promised obligations to the men and women of Team Conway.

the union isnt going to 401k type plans, ups and upsf have their own company plan, like you used to. these type of plans are in good shape.

What UPS has is the exception to the rule. By the way they are experiencing the shortage same as everyone else. Go ahead and apply. Let us all know how long you last. If you even pass the road test.

If they were off thanksgiving they weren't out of hours, and you repute some of your post where Union
carriers don't get as much freight!! Sounds like they have plenty freight!! I really don't think they would force them out if they were out of hours... And we have guys that quit there to come here and love it!!!

I never said that union carriers have any problems getting freight. What are you talking about ?

I have pointed out in the past that union carriers are weakening and that the percent of freight pulled by union carriers has declined every year since deregulation. And that the top freight haulers are no longer union carriers.

But that doesn't have to do with anything. The customer doesn't care if you are or aren't union. They punch the info into the computer. Get the quote. Book the cheapest quote.

They are work 12-14 hour days. Off Wed night 2200 to be back at 0500 Friday. No 34 hour restart. 60 hour log. Out of hours pretty quickly.

What UPS has is the exception to the rule. By the way they are experiencing the shortage same as everyone else. Go ahead and apply. Let us all know how long you last. If you even pass the road test.

The UPS model is kinda new. It can become the rule.
And why do you need to be so insulting? What has been posted here that would suggest B-Bill could not pass a road test? Your literary choice of weapon is seldom a well thought out argument but you must contradict yourself from prior posts or you simply lash out at those that don't parrot the corporation.

no, we get the day of AND the day after off, i am a holland driver, try again.

and last i knew, you guys are on permanent concessions, with no recourse, unless you were to negotiate it back.

Let me say this again. Here in Cowtown. They worked. No I wasn't there. I didn't take time out of my Friday to got to their terminal and find a driver list and do a full roll call to make sure every single driver was there.

But the fella I know that works there, and has plenty of time in, did work. And when his wife is bragging about the extra cash. And he gives me that sly smile and does a " Manzel money " with his fingers while doing a Matthew McConaughy impression " triple time baby ". I am believing he worked. And at the very least believe the real life person I know over some random stranger on the internet.

try again ? When will you try at all ?

We will all be doing give backs until the YRC mess folds. Because you guys didn't stand together. The entire industry is suffering. You got buffaloed by your upper management. And you gave them everything for their effort. They are still making their millions while you are getting 85%. Seems fair.

The UPS model is kinda new. It can become the rule.
And why do you need to be so insulting? What has been posted here that would suggest B-Bill could not pass a road test? Your literary choice of weapon is seldom a well thought out argument but you must contradict yourself from prior posts or you simply lash out at those that don't parrot the corporation.

We've had plenty of guys that thought they could just walk right into jobs at UPS. Only to fail the road test. It happens more than you think.

Let Bill speak for himself. He's plenty able.