XPO | Interesting read.........

I never said that union carriers have any problems getting freight. What are you talking about ?

I have pointed out in the past that union carriers are weakening and that the percent of freight pulled by union carriers has declined every year since deregulation. And that the top freight haulers are no longer union carriers.

But that doesn't have to do with anything. The customer doesn't care if you are or aren't union. They punch the info into the computer. Get the quote. Book the cheapest quote.

They are work 12-14 hour days. Off Wed night 2200 to be back at 0500 Friday. No 34 hour restart. 60 hour log. Out of hours pretty quickly.
I know many companies that will not use union carriers .... Some companies just have a thing against unions ... Perhaps there are some that will only use unions carriers ... I don't know ... My point is some companies do care.

We've had plenty of guys that thought they could just walk right into jobs at UPS. Only to fail the road test. It happens more than you think.

Let Bill speak for himself. He's plenty able.

So we employ "plenty" of drivers that can't drive? I know they can't think for themselves.....
I must be out of the loop because I don't know a single Conway driver that has failed the UPS road test.
And why do you feel a need to tell those that don't parrot Conway to not post where you post. Bill is busy figuring out where he wants to buy his winter home......with his pension.

I know many companies that will not use union carriers .... Some companies just have a thing against unions ... Perhaps there are some that will only use unions carriers ... I don't know ... My point is some companies do care.

Well, absolutes are tough. I was speaking more as a generality. Cheapest wins a high percentage of the time.

So we employ "plenty" of drivers that can't drive? I know they can't think for themselves.....
I must be out of the loop because I don't know a single Conway driver that has failed the UPS road test.
And why do you feel a need to tell those that don't parrot Conway to not post where you post. Bill is busy figuring out where he wants to buy his winter home......with his pension.

That can't drive to UPS standards. You think the ones that fail brag about it ? Come on ?

He better save that pension money. They are rewriting his stake as we speak. I guess they used pencil after all.

That can't drive to UPS standards. You think the ones that fail brag about it ? Come on ?

He better save that pension money. They are rewriting his stake as we speak. I guess they used pencil after all.

But you know these road testing failing drivers, and I don't.
Give us a clue. Who are they? How many do you know? - Approx, can't expect you to remember them all since there have been plenty.Are they all out of your barn? It's Okay to say because they probably don't work here any more...right?

But you know these road testing failing drivers, and I don't.
Give us a clue. Who are they? How many do you know? - Approx, can't expect you to remember them all since there have been plenty.Are they all out of your barn? It's Okay to say because they probably don't work here any more...right?

We had at least ten that went. I know of one that got hired on. Most of the nine remaining then went to OD.

When you want out. You don't get side tracked by a little failure. You just apply somewhere else until you get the call.

We had at least ten that went. I know of one that got hired on. Most of the nine remaining then went to OD.

When you want out. You don't get side tracked by a little failure. You just apply somewhere else until you get the call.

You're saying 10 went to UPS and 9 flunked. I know a whole lot of drivers at Conway and I don't know anybody that failed. You may want to make better choices as to whom you associate with.

You're saying 10 went to UPS and 9 flunked. I know a whole lot of drivers at Conway and I don't know anybody that failed. You may want to make better choices as to whom you associate with.

Any more this is all the better we can hire. This place ain't what it used to be.

That's a driver trainer thing ... The one doing the road test can just be an ass hole ... On a power trip ... Sometimes good drivers fail simply because of personality conflicts.

What UPS has is the exception to the rule. By the way they are experiencing the shortage same as everyone else. Go ahead and apply. Let us all know how long you last. If you even pass the road test.

Apparently you feel you are not UPS worthy??? But then you spew like a fountain of knowledge only to linger like passed gas!!! What makes you the wiser of the two?? Your just a legend in your own mind!!! UPS would be so lucky to have Bill on their team!!! But then he has a good job already!!

You do have a point.

.....but I find your numbers outrageously unbelievable

At least ten. Remember this is a big barn. 140 drivers. 10 isn't very many at all.

Also remember that UPS is the gold standard job in the industry. If a driver feels he has a chance at that kinda wages, health care and pension. He's gonna try.

Another reminder, I worked for brown back in '02. Six months or so. Unloaded trailers and loaded little brown trucks. I don't think they would hire me back even though I have my CDL now.

What UPS has is the exception to the rule. By the way they are experiencing the shortage same as everyone else. Go ahead and apply. Let us all know how long you last. If you even pass the road test.

no its not, the union has plenty of shops under a company pension plan. im sure that irks you, since you cant use your "they are going to stick us in central states" arguement.

and im fine at Holland, ive had enough of employers who think they need to play dress up with their employees. although i have friends there who love it. Coming from foodservice makes everything else easy, dont know why you think i couldnt pass a road test.

Let me say this again. Here in Cowtown. They worked. No I wasn't there. I didn't take time out of my Friday to got to their terminal and find a driver list and do a full roll call to make sure every single driver was there.

senior guys who sign get to work, you tried to imply that guys were forced. try again with a better arguement, like i said.

But the fella I know that works there, and has plenty of time in, did work. And when his wife is bragging about the extra cash. And he gives me that sly smile and does a " Manzel money " with his fingers while doing a Matthew McConaughy impression " triple time baby ". I am believing he worked. And at the very least believe the real life person I know over some random stranger on the internet.
like i said, guys who VOLUNTEER get picked by seniority, you realize junior men never see that work, right? btw, i dont watch a lot of movies, so you will have to explain yourself a little better there...
try again ? When will you try at all ?

try again, as in you present half the facts for your arguement that holds no water. Holland guys who work the day after are volunteers, who are making more than anyone other than UPSers. of course, you wouldnt know that, since you dont have a contract with what we get in it. educate yourself before you spout off at the keyboard.

We will all be doing give backs until the YRC mess folds. Because you guys didn't stand together. The entire industry is suffering. You got buffaloed by your upper management. And you gave them everything for their effort. They are still making their millions while you are getting 85%. Seems fair.

we didnt get buffaloed by anyone. the regionals are always good for a no vote. and you guys are going to suffer worse if we ever go anywhere, as your OT will be gone, among other things.

it will be morbidly interesting seeing you on here defending conways decision to remove OT pay, IF YRC ever folds....

We've had plenty of guys that thought they could just walk right into jobs at UPS. Only to fail the road test. It happens more than you think.

Let Bill speak for himself. He's plenty able.

conway obviously train guys well enough. maybe you can negotiate proper training, soon enough. Foodservice is a little more involved than kissing ass at a scab shop, huh? got a friend who walked in there, no probem. if you are so used to playing dress up, why dont you go over there, lemme guess, cant handle the pay increase, right?

At least ten. Remember this is a big barn. 140 drivers. 10 isn't very many at all.

Also remember that UPS is the gold standard job in the industry. If a driver feels he has a chance at that kinda wages, health care and pension. He's gonna try.

Another reminder, I worked for brown back in '02. Six months or so. Unloaded trailers and loaded little brown trucks. I don't think they would hire me back even though I have my CDL now.

ups is only a gold standard if you are willing to put up with it. i refuse to work for ANY employer who wants me to wear their duds. been there, done that. ill take a regular atmosphere any day of the week. i talked to one of your road drivers a month ago, he had a million questions about the union. i can tell that he wanted it. he told me your road men arent even supposed to log all their breaks at the same spot. who gives a **** about breaks, they are the employees! hell, its a safety issue, and they want to demand that their drivers carry on reguarless of being fatigued or ill?

Guess you gunna wait another month to talk to a road driver. Posted everywhere but here. Huh, Huh, Huh. Press on

I never said that union carriers have any problems getting freight. What are you talking about ?

I have pointed out in the past that union carriers are weakening and that the percent of freight pulled by union carriers has declined every year since deregulation. And that the top freight haulers are no longer union carriers.

But that doesn't have to do with anything. The customer doesn't care if you are or aren't union. They punch the info into the computer. Get the quote. Book the cheapest quote.

They are work 12-14 hour days. Off Wed night 2200 to be back at 0500 Friday. No 34 hour restart. 60 hour log. Out of hours pretty quickly.

:) out of hours and off on Friday!!! We don't do 34 hour restarts!! More of your wrong info!!
Guess you gunna wait another month to talk to a road driver. Posted everywhere but here. Huh, Huh, Huh. Press on

Damn I'll talk to yA, whatcha want to talk about? Fire away I'll do my best!