Central Transport | Interview tomorrow

I didn't hear anything today from them. It will be a week tomorrow since the interview. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Speaking of applying elsewhere, new national account rep Dewey Gates out of CLV or COL just quit. He came over about 6 months ago from R&L I am told. Why would a new rep quit after 6 months. Then again, the new TM at COL who came over from FedEx 7 months ago just quit as well. Keylon and his pack of goons cannot keep people here.

apply elsewhere. i think it's a blessing for you. this is basement level operation.

Believe me I have. I have applications in everywhere. The only one who has called so far is Vitran. They say it could take up to two weeks for the background checks to complete. Maybe someone else will call by then. It's been a week now. I'll just be glad to get off the couch and back to work at this point.

Believe me I have. I have applications in everywhere. The only one who has called so far is Vitran. They say it could take up to two weeks for the background checks to complete. Maybe someone else will call by then. It's been a week now. I'll just be glad to get off the couch and back to work at this point.

Please, do not dread a job at Vitran. View it like college. Come in and learn every aspect of LTL. Run LH. Do a city pick up. Work the dock. Learn, learn, learn and be friendly. My belief is that pay in the LTL sector CAN be the highest in trucking. However, if you want to get one of those $100,000 a year jobs it is like getting a $100,000 a year job with a degree. You have to first learn, then get experience, and then work your way up (seniority).

Your biggest challenge at V will be keeping your driving record free of violations. That is like running across a river on the heads of aligators here, but it can be done. If you are not laying under your trailer with the troley valved applied listening for air leaks you are not doing a good enough pretrip for vitran's state of equipement. Make em swing trailers and fix equipement. It is your future on the line.

With a clean DAC and good CSA score, LTL experience and current employment at an LTL company it will be possible to get on with a company like OD. Right now you have to start building, and for that you have a great opportunity at Vitran.

Who knows, a miracle may happen and V may turn around. I seriously doubt that, but anything is possible.

I think you are on the right path. Stick to the plan.

Good luck.

Please, do not dread a job at Vitran. View it like college. Come in and learn every aspect of LTL. Run LH. Do a city pick up. Work the dock. Learn, learn, learn and be friendly. My belief is that pay in the LTL sector CAN be the highest in trucking. However, if you want to get one of those $100,000 a year jobs it is like getting a $100,000 a year job with a degree. You have to first learn, then get experience, and then work your way up (seniority).

Your biggest challenge at V will be keeping your driving record free of violations. That is like running across a river on the heads of aligators here, but it can be done. If you are not laying under your trailer with the troley valved applied listening for air leaks you are not doing a good enough pretrip for vitran's state of equipement. Make em swing trailers and fix equipement. It is your future on the line.

With a clean DAC and good CSA score, LTL experience and current employment at an LTL company it will be possible to get on with a company like OD. Right now you have to start building, and for that you have a great opportunity at Vitran.

Who knows, a miracle may happen and V may turn around. I seriously doubt that, but anything is possible.

I think you are on the right path. Stick to the plan.

Good luck.

Oh I'm not dreading it. I meant good or bad as in accepted or rejected. I will gladly accept employment with Vitran and give it 100%. Does anyone know how long it usually takes after the interview for all the background checks to be done? I had my interview and drug screen with physical on Tuesday of last week.

our bill count has been down lately and alot of drivers are getting hrs cut and LH drivers have been sitting home. you're probably on standby when the next driver decides to leave for a better job.

Still no word. Trust me folks Vitran or any job beats none at all. I tried calling corporate HR today to follow up but all the ladies were tight lipped and referred me to Paul in CLT. I tried getting him a few times to check but I couldn't get him on the phone. I wonder what's up? Oh well fingers crossed I guess. Surely he wouldn't have sent me for drug test and physical if I wasn't getting the job. Then again Fed EX Freight did me that way so I wouldn't be suprised. The only thing HR would tell me is that it could take two weeks and we haven't crossed that threshold. I can't believe how tight lipped they were in Corporate but I guess it's policy or something. I wouldn't worry if I knew they would call either way, but I'm not sure if they passed on me and just said "f**k it" and wouldn't give me a courtesy call. Oh well..........

we have lost a bunch of business and possible layoffs around the corner. our third quarter results will be posted next month and we might not be in business long after that.

Still no word. Trust me folks Vitran or any job beats none at all. I tried calling corporate HR today to follow up but all the ladies were tight lipped and referred me to Paul in CLT. I tried getting him a few times to check but I couldn't get him on the phone. I wonder what's up? Oh well fingers crossed I guess. Surely he wouldn't have sent me for drug test and physical if I wasn't getting the job. Then again Fed EX Freight did me that way so I wouldn't be suprised. The only thing HR would tell me is that it could take two weeks and we haven't crossed that threshold. I can't believe how tight lipped they were in Corporate but I guess it's policy or something. I wouldn't worry if I knew they would call either way, but I'm not sure if they passed on me and just said "f**k it" and wouldn't give me a courtesy call. Oh well..........

The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Keep calling them.

It has been two weeks since I have taken my drug test and physical. Hell it is no wonder the company is tanking. If they can't hire help more efficiently than this then I know they must not be able to manage their accounts.