ABF | Is ABF ready to buy???

If anyone wants a 401K, and a teamster pension, Whats stopping them from having them both. I really love my pension, checks never bounce and I saved IRA's. So if you want both start now and get your 401K. :clap:

I agree.........

I would love to be out of this pension plan. At thirty years old I won't see a nickle of it when I'm ready to retire. Plus the restrictions on it are terrible. The teamsters want to dictate where and what kind of work you can do while collecting the pension. In my opinion there should be full survivor benefits with no penalty on the front end when a retired driver starts collecting. And at least with a 401k I could leave what ever I want to who ever I want if there is anything left after my wife and I pass I could leave it to kids or grand kids. But what really gets me is when the old timers start bringing up the fact that they don't want there retirement invested in the stock market that's why they don't like 401ks well where do they think this pension is, just sitting in a vault some where?

I would love to be out of this pension plan. At thirty years old I won't see a nickle of it when I'm ready to retire. Plus the restrictions on it are terrible. The teamsters want to dictate where and what kind of work you can do while collecting the pension. In my opinion there should be full survivor benefits with no penalty on the front end when a retired driver starts collecting. And at least with a 401k I could leave what ever I want to who ever I want if there is anything left after my wife and I pass I could leave it to kids or grand kids. But what really gets me is when the old timers start bringing up the fact that they don't want there retirement invested in the stock market that's why they don't like 401ks well where do they think this pension is, just sitting in a vault some where?

Thank You!!!!! I have said almost all that before. With the exception of where you can work after you retire. I totally forgot about that. Very good point.

I think the old timers don't feel they should have to invest there own money to retire. They feel entitled.

I'm 30 too.

:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:Why does this guy always find his way to complain about the pension plans?:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:

I got to agree with "MIKEY" this kid does nothing but whine. If you younger guys would get more involved in your Union and your local,go to the meetings you might do yourselves better. None of you want to work together. You younger members want everything right NOW. It doesn't work that way. If you want in a 401k then do it. Start buying ABF stock. There is nothing written that said you couldn't have a 401K. My Dad drove for 35 years and died in a truck 6 months before his retirement was to start. My Mother only got his insurance money. That's the way it was THEN. I put in 37 years and I'm getting my pension NOW. My wife will get part of the plan when the time comes. Stop *****ing and start fighting for what you want out of the union. Get off your *** and do something. You won't have a future if do don't start doing something NOW.[I know 5 guy's that have lost everything that was to be their retirement. They had 401k's. You know what they have now? ZIP!.When they were younger they woudn't work for a "union" company. One of those guys is working at WALL MART./B]

:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:Why does this guy always find his way to complain about the pension plans?:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:

Face it Mikey. As much as guys say you care about your union brothers at YRC. And to certain extent that may be true. Your really worried more about your pension. That's all I hear from fellow teamsters at ABF. Its more about the pension than anything else.

Our pension is in the same problem a SSI. Both are going broke. Especially when all the baby boomers retire. Needs to be fixed

I would love to attend a union meeting but I took a withdraw since I've been layed off also I would love the pension if it were well funded and had less restrictions.

:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:Face it Mikey. As much as guys say you care about your union brothers at YRC. And to certain extent that may be true. Your really worried more about your pension. That's all I hear from fellow teamsters at ABF. Its more about the pension than anything else.

Our pension is in the same problem a SSI. Both are going broke. Especially when all the baby boomers retire. Needs to be fixed:Off-Topic::Off-Topic:

.......................................................................................................

The kids are crying. They want what we have for working within the union for 25 plus years. They bought the big house they can't afford. They drive the new cars that we didn't buy. They want the vacation time that WE HAVE EARNED. Grow up, at 30 I thought I had all of the answers also. We have earned our pensions and some day you will also. You are not entitled to everything right now.

The kids are crying. They want what we have for working within the union for 25 plus years. They bought the big house they can't afford. They drive the new cars that we didn't buy. They want the vacation time that WE HAVE EARNED. Grow up, at 30 I thought I had all of the answers also. We have earned our pensions and some day you will also. You are not entitled to everything right now.

You got it all wrong. All we're saying is, that we want a retirement at 55. The way this pension plan is setup now doesn't guarantee that.

That's what really bothers me about the old Teamsters now. The complete refusal to change or adapt to needed changes. Just keep living in the past.

If its a pension or 401K. Either is fine. I prefer the 401k. But if we going to have a pension. Then make it viable. And fair to ABF. Why should ABF fund a pension plan that includes retirees they never employed.

I keep hearing how us youngsters are pissing on your history. But maybe you old guys are pissing on our future? Just maybe.

don't mean to change the subject :Off-Topic: but i was wondering, i need one more year to get vested, just got laid off, is abf hiring at all?

But if we going to have a pension. Then make it viable. And fair to ABF. Why should ABF fund a pension plan that includes retirees they never employed.

Please explain to me when & how ABF has ever paid even $1 to help fund a retiree that was never employed by ABF. It is my understanding that ABF only pays for the hours & miles that ABF employees actually work, nothing more, They have not paid anything for the so called "orphans"

ABF reported their O.R. today for the 1st Quarter.... 108! It wouldn't appear ABF is in position to purchase anything right now. Maybe things will turn around but its hard for me to believe ABF will look at spending any money when there were no profits in the 1st quarter.

maybe it is that way by "design"
wouldn't abf like to get a piece of that 10% pay cut!::shit::

Still would rather have the 401K. It may be in theshit er. But its also on sale. If you keep investing, when the market rebounds, you'll look like a genius. You'll have a great rebound on the 401K. Remember BUY LOW SELL HIGH. It seems you guys only want to invest with the market is high. Bassically buying high. WTF?

keep drinking that green koolaide
it works wonders for your higher thinking processes
it shows

who ever said that truck drivers were ::shit:: for brains
:biglaugh::eck13:

Please explain to me when & how ABF has ever paid even $1 to help fund a retiree that was never employed by ABF. It is my understanding that ABF only pays for the hours & miles that ABF employees actually work, nothing more, They have not paid anything for the so called "orphans"

they can't explain it 2631
simply because they swallowed "hook line & sinker" all the company's rhetoric and reasoning about withdrawing from the funds
keep drinkin that green koolaide:TR10driving03::biglaugh:

they can't explain it 2631
simply because they swallowed "hook line & sinker" all the company's rhetoric and reasoning about withdrawing from the funds
keep drinkin that green koolaide:TR10driving03::biglaugh:

Its that hard. When the unions went to ABF, Yellow, and Roadway to up there payments to fund this Multi-employer-funded pension plan after CF, NW and other went out of business. And now with YRC in trouble, ABF is going to be left holding the bag. Which is why the Teamsters will have no choice but to let ABF out and negotiate their own contract like UPSF.

Its not that hard.

Its that hard. When the unions went to ABF, Yellow, and Roadway to up there payments to fund this Multi-employer-funded pension plan after CF, NW and other went out of business. And now with YRC in trouble, ABF is going to be left holding the bag. Which is why the Teamsters will have no choice but to let ABF out and negotiate their own contract like UPSF.

Its not that hard.
Of course it isn't hard because again you confused the issue and avoided answering the question.

Of course it isn't hard because again you confused the issue and avoided answering the question.

I did. Its called more than their fair share into the pension plan. I guess the word "fair" only implies to the Teamsters.