is everybody back?

last night i was asked to go back out but when i told them i had plans , i got the look..but hey i've done my share of 14 hr days even some 14.5..one day of not going back out i think they can live with it since im sure for the rest of the week i will be going back out...but the contract say you work a guranteed 8 with some overtime everynight meaning probably the 10 hrs a day they want you to work i believe..

Try working linehaul, many work 10-12+ hours every day and don't get paid for sitting.

You guys knew what the job paid and did not pay when you signed on. If it does not suit you, leave. No one is holding you here.

I am not working enough hours, I am working too many hours. You should buy your own truck and run it when you want and as long as you want. But then you could not complain becuase you would have to ***** at yourself and not blame someone else for what you do or don't do.

I really feel sorry for you that you have to work 10-12 hours a night and the other guy worked a whole woppin 8.50 hours. Wow what slave drivers. You should be at YRC wiating for the doors to close and maybe the hours would not tax your ability to work.

Here is what an arbitrator said to the guy who refused to work over 10 hours a day

Try working linehaul, many work 10-12+ hours every day and don't get paid for sitting.

:shift:Your contract most likely say's you must give the employer a reasonable amount of OT each day. And reasonable about to an arbitrator is what ever the DOT say's your allowed to work, THAT'S up to 14 hours per day and maybe a 16 hours one day a week.:shift:

i always gob ack out pretty much everynight..hey it's work so i take it when i can ,if i dont have family stuff etc..by the time i finish my peddle run im already at 10 plus hrs...i would only complain if i was exhausted ...anybody would... but if there gonna pay me i say "where do you want me to go next" im in!

:shift:Your contract most likely say's you must give the employer a reasonable amount of OT each day. And reasonable about to an arbitrator is what ever the DOT say's your allowed to work, THAT'S up to 14 hours per day and maybe a 16 hours one day a week.:shift:

What's your point?

Make hay when the sunshines-three months ago guys were sitting home-take the OT and put it in the bank-then when the bottom falls out again pay your bills.
If the goal is you dont want to work-you picked the wrong bizness.

True-but Obama sez change is coming...
the truth is the economy bottomed out and there is no where to go but up-problem is the people not working now and everthing people buy comes on trucks...
no one working with no money to buy what comes on trucks-NEMF seems busy now-whats the secret? I talked to other drivers at stops and they are slow-dont ***** if there is work lots of people wish they were in our shoes and we complain because too much ot-its tough and who knows how long it will last but i'll take it.

Still waiting for my call back... Ooops

Hey when will I get the call to come back to NEMF? Can't wait to work for them again!!! Umm. Wait... no never mind.... :nutkick:

Hey when will I get the call to come back to NEMF? Can't wait to work for them again!!! Umm. Wait... no never mind.... :nutkick:

We're all very proud of you for finding a company that makes you happy. Not sure why you still want to hang around here, but what ever you gotta do to feel good about yourself, have at it.