Estes | Is it just me,or...

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
are we experiencing a minimal influx of freight..Our inbound freight and outbound has picked up..Is it just me,wishful thinking, or is it true??Might just be different regions experiencing different happenings..

Hope so

Many of us on the outside now are waiting on the good news of a freight pickup. Could just be fewer workers now and it seems busier for those left.
are we experiencing a minimal influx of freight..Our inbound freight and outbound has picked up..Is it just me,wishful thinking, or is it true??Might just be different regions experiencing different happenings..

QUOTE=mildew;758894]Everyone where I come from say they haven't noticed a slow down[/QUOTE]

Good to hear Mildew. You guys keep hammering em while we wait on the sidelines waiting to get called back into the game. Go team E.

192 has been up and down hard to tell though are dispatchers keep missing pickups and are drivers dont't hit the street till 10:30 am so it gets back late if at all (nothing like service)

Yep. They got rid of too many drivers. It's going to cost them more than they are saving.. imop

feels nice to drive into WES SEX lately and count 30 some loaded sets sitting there and then go to the long box row and see few if any outside carriers

feels nice to drive into WES SEX lately and count 30 some loaded sets sitting there and then go to the long box row and see few if any outside carriers
:27: Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone. That yard will look like a pumpkin patch Monday.

Bill count at our barn jumped up pretty good this week.
I ran big miles on the xboard this week to, all loaded except for the last 78 miles to the house.
Good hooks everywhere I went. Turnin and burnin...lovin it!

I believe that the main reason why freight has seemed to pick up is that they are preparing for the "super hubs" going into full swing on 12/14 so there seems to be more freight when actually it is the same. It's just more "super hub" freight on trucks and more relays that are filled to capacity. I could be wrong and it could just be what Nashville experienced last week in their so-called "post holiday rush" with no drivers to to haul it or dock workers to off load it.

I believe that the main reason why freight has seemed to pick up is that they are preparing for the "super hubs" going into full swing on 12/14 so there seems to be more freight when actually it is the same. It's just more "super hub" freight on trucks and more relays that are filled to capacity. I could be wrong and it could just be what Nashville experienced last week in their so-called "post holiday rush" with no drivers to to haul it or dock workers to off load it.

Thanks bibba..But our frieght has been good before the holiday rush..A good month ago it started..

Good Week?

OK guys you've got another week in now, so please share your info. Did you run or did you sit? Inquiring, unemployed drivers want to know and for the record, it ain't pretty out here so hold onto what you got.

OK guys you've got another week in now, so please share your info. Did you run or did you sit? Inquiring, unemployed drivers want to know and for the record, it ain't pretty out here so hold onto what you got.

They asked for city driver volunteers to run this weekend again at our terminal. 062

I ran hard again this week Buzz. I took hours at the big house yesterday and was told by the inbound super that 001 is having one of the best Decembers they can remember in a long time bill count wise.

We just got a big account from FX in K-town this week, our guys are running out of hours alot already, so there is talk of re-hire at my barn.

Folks are turning in 2800 miles and carring over 600+ for the next week at my neck of the woods to avoid the 80+ thousand dollar tax bracket. It won't be long Buzz. I'm sure you can see the big picture of what's happening right now and no i'm not wishing demise on any company but it is what it is.

Ran my new 1/2 way ATL all week..Good freight coming so far..Next week they have me stopping at 075 on the way up,and dropping hub freight off..Picking up an Atlanta trailer,if they have overflow..Most of the time I will be coming straight back,no stopping because of the time restraints.We'll see how long the stopping last..Don't beleive it will be very long..They will probably be putting the hub run back on..

I think what the problem was,they had the freight going "helter skelter" and hired all these drivers,and just ran them in all directions..Now,they have it moving more organized..Utilizing extra board more effectively..Our ATL and DAL frieght was so screwed up,they didn't know where it was,most of the time..But,the problem with being more organized,you have to sacrifice..And that's where our drivers that got layed off,and are still being layed off,have gotten caught up in the changes..We had 3 get it Friday..1 team--8 years here..1 extra board driver--10 years..

I think what the problem was,they had the freight going "helter skelter" and hired all these drivers,and just ran them in all directions..Now,they have it moving more organized..Utilizing extra board more effectively..Our ATL and DAL frieght was so screwed up,they didn't know where it was,most of the time..But,the problem with being more organized,you have to sacrifice..And that's where our drivers that got layed off,and are still being layed off,have gotten caught up in the changes..We had 3 get it Friday..1 team--8 years here..1 extra board driver--10 years..

How many lost their jobs only to have contractors start running the same freight on schedules? I've heard of a couple half ways being cancelled then outsiders running it straight through everyday.