Central Transport | is PJAX hiring

steph

TB Lurker
Credits
I LEFT MY JOB:roll1, TO UPGRADE MY CDL B 7 YEARS ON THE ROAD, I JUST PASSED HAZMAT AND TANKER-WAITING FOR MY SECURITY LETTER, THIS MAY TAKE 30 DAYS. MY HUSBAND THINKS PJAX HAULS HAZMAT? I LIVE WITHIN 1 MILE OF THE PLACE. : I ALSO PUT A APP IN AT LEWIS ENVIROMENTAL, I'V JUST GOT STARTED WISH ME LUCK! ANY POINTERS WELCOME.

steph welcome to truckingboards. It's good to have you with us. Now unlock the caps on your keyboard. When You type with all caps on here people will think you are yelling at them.

I'm sure some of P-Jax folks will be along in a while to answer your questions.

Good luck with your search.

Steph, I do not work for P-JAX, but they are a LTL (less-than-truckload) carrier so I would say they haul Haz-Mat.:1036316054:

Steph,
I know PJax is advertising they need drivers in the Chicago area. I don't know about PA.
PJax does haul Hazardous materials and they are owned by Vitran. I hope that helps.

thanks guys, i'm onit i'll let you know how i make out. my fingerprinting ond clearance will not be in for a couple of week's

I worked at Pjax for several years.
Got tired of sitting around HBG. for hours
and hours and hours for no money so I
went on the clock fueling trucks,
jockeying trailers, etc.
You had to turn in an "edit sheet" to
get paid for same.
This convieniently got lost half the time
and my work went unpaid.
Got into a fued with the OM over same.
I filed a complaint with the labor office
and Pittsburg drummed up a story for
my termination.
I sued, settled, and also collected unemployment for nine months.
I would NOT work for this company.
You will spend a LOT of time sitting
around waiting.
Runs are not bid for and driver
senority doesn't count for nill.
You may sit all night while you watch
other drivers come & go.
I've done much better elsewhere.

TJ

I seem to get mine paid as well. ive been here almost 4 years and love it. If you look hard at any company you can find things to complain about, most times you just have to hope there are more good than bad.

I seem to get mine paid as well. ive been here almost 4 years and love it. If you look hard at any company you can find things to complain about, most times you just have to hope there are more good than bad.

That's cuz you :butt kiss: and got the route I wanted kid :nutkick: :smilie_132:

The job and company as with any, is what you make of it........

I worked for pjax for 7 years. i dont know what terminal you work at, i worked at pitt. bunch of back stabbers, no one at plax cares about you. maybe since the hammels took the money and ran things will be better for you guys. i hear mark k is president of pjax now, met him many times, this guy could care less about any driver, trust me. good luck

I worked for pjax for 7 years. i dont know what terminal you work at, i worked at pitt. bunch of back stabbers, no one at plax cares about you. maybe since the hammels took the money and ran things will be better for you guys. i hear mark k is president of pjax now, met him many times, this guy could care less about any driver, trust me. good luck

another satisfied x employee . :smilie_132:

You hit the nail on the head there! I worked at LOU dock as a fulltime dockworker for 4 and a half years. Biggest back stab was when Hammels said they would never sell out. 6 months later, BAM! :toxic:

re: is PJAX hiring?,,,

I ran PM linehaul out of a small satellite hub
of the HBG. terminal for a few years.
For some time I did a meet with the
Roanoke, Va. driver.
It was great cause wait time on a meet
was paid time on the clock.
Then they opened the Hagerstown term.
and that meet went up in smoke so I
ran the system.
Off to any one of the nearby terminals
and back to HBG. by 0200 or so.
Typically sit until 0600 or 0700 before
heading back to the "zone".

I'd go on the clock and fuel trucks or jockey
trailers, etc. and turn in the infamous
"edit sheet" :biglaugh:
Sometimes I got paid, sometimes not.
And not just me.
Other linehaul guys from other terminals,
zones, etc. sat for hours on end w/o pay.
Lots of guys came and went sooner
than later.
From what I hear things haven't changed.
I wouldn't hitch your wagon to this place.

TJ

update, indy just hired 3, and plan to hire 3 more. we also have hired some dock people too! things are picking up around indy, FAST.

10 year driver quits,,,

I know a driver in the Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
terminal who quit the 'jax after 10 years
on the job.
He said things have got so bad under
Vitrac(?), and the term. mgr. @ HBG.,
that he can't stand another day.
Whew!*
I'm glad I left when I did.
Anybody wanna sit for nine hours? :smilie_132:

TJ in Pa.

I know a driver in the Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
terminal who quit the 'jax after 10 years
on the job.
He said things have got so bad under
Vitrac(?), and the term. mgr. @ HBG.,
that he can't stand another day.
Whew!*
I'm glad I left when I did.
Anybody wanna sit for nine hours? :smilie_132:

TJ in Pa.

yeah we just lost an 8 year guy 3 weeks ago to dayton freight because he said he didn't know the future of the company and he wasn't going to sit around and wait for it...