FedEx Freight | Is Something in the Works?

Filthy Phil

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone noticed that internal career postings at FedEx Freight have gone through the roof? There are close to 400 postings for across the country. Is something big about to go down?

I saw that just this morning when I got back,and the numbers are staggering!!!!! Look @ WTK(3 road 3 city and some dock monkeys) and somewhere in PA had postings for 25 people(mostly PT dock monkeys) but the thing was about 8 pages long. Unfortunately,only PT monkeys in JAX and PT monkey bosses in HWO....OH,and I might add,for all those available positions for hourly and mileage pay?????? There was one,1,I repeat only ONE salaried position,some assistant to an MD job down on Beale Street--------looks like the salary spread is where its at

Yes, at SBR they hired so many drivers that some are not even getting their 40 hours, so you may have a intuition there may be something in the works. I know Amazon.com is coming to NJ but location has yet to be disclosed.

RC wants to know how many posts FP gets before RC can be his usual cheerful, helpful self.

RC, I have consulted with Father Fred the Motoring Minister, and he says to tell you "go for it! Just don't forget to make a donation to the ministry if you're still breathing afterword."
So, with the divine blessing of FFMM, let 'er rip!!!

ST, press secretary for Father Fred's Motoring Ministry, Memphis TN.

What says you, Smokescrack? Permission to fire at will?

RC, I find myself in the rare situation wherein I have to correct you. The appropriate salutation is: "Smokestack, Lord and Master of the realm, would thou permit me the honor of smiting the known enemies of common sense and practicality???"

In the future, kindly address the moderator's in the appropriately respectful manner.

ST

Has anyone noticed that internal career postings at FedEx Freight have gone through the roof? There are close to 400 postings for across the country. Is something big about to go down?

that usaully means there is a union campaign coming soon,companys hire a bunch of outsiders promising them work and a job,thinking they will vote no PT included can vote then then the company tells them if the union gets in they will not have a job.................who knows who cartes anymore they have wore us down just like they have planned to do i have heard more then one red shirt use that term they have heard that somewhere????

that usaully means there is a union campaign coming soon,companys hire a bunch of outsiders promising them work and a job,thinking they will vote no PT included can vote then then the company tells them if the union gets in they will not have a job.................who knows who cartes anymore they have wore us down just like they have planned to do i have heard more then one red shirt use that term they have heard that somewhere????

No offense bub, but I think your over reaching a bit. This is how to transfer board is supposed to look after you've fired a bunch of peeps and displaced a butt load of others

Yup, what he said... It's called RECONFIGURATION. Peoples are needed in different locations. No purple conspiracy here.

they had about 10 drivers quit recently at cmh..drivers who were on the bottom of the senority board....no senority = no money :grouphug:

I've always believed that if a company, like FXF, would let the drivers know the destination that we would willing do everything we could to help them acheive the goal. But FXF seems to think that, by keeping us in the dark, they will acheive the goal. Nothing could be further from the truth. By creating this animosity and us against them mentality they have embarked on a path traveled by many, finished by none. CF, TransCon, Willig, St. Johnsbury, P.I.E., etc. are nothing more than a memory of a bygone era when employees actually enjoyed the common goal of success with the company.