ODFL | Is this true?

huh

No Im not a recent grad, I drive a cement powder truck. I know its going to slow down come winter thats why Im trying to see if LTL would be something to look into. I work 10 to 12 hour days so I have somewhat of a home life.:chairshot: ....:funky:

OD and other freight companies not paying overtime until after 60 hrs. is the companies taking advantage of a labor law. The law is that transportation emplyees are exempt from OT pay. Now this is a federal law so some states can override this just like the minimum wage. This is why some states require OT pay for anything over 40 and a higher minimum wage. Therfore OD does pay OT after 40 in some states if it required by the states labor laws, so if you live in one of those states you would get paid OT if they allowed you to work it.

same old story

This is the same old story.Somebody comes in here and makes a post that starts the 60 hour overtime discussion for the umpteenth time.They say it's not fair or legal.It's not fair......but it is legal.Every swinging **** that works for O.D. knows how they pay and for those that don't.......surprise,surprise...you do now.Most,but not all,non union companys pay the same way.ODFL has been paying overtime after 60 hours in all but a few states for 73 years.And I can bet you the day that that *** shuts down they'll still be paying overtime after 60.

Yep and who is going to be the first one to go into Corp and tell them that to their faces.It probably has happened so many times we can't count.It is what it is.