FedEx Freight | It's Offical, Bonus end of the month.

My friend said that there is a dock worker that got an .08 cent bonus, don't it cost fredex more than that to write that check? Just askin....

I have a cousin who has a friend....

We have direct deposit. At least they didn't send us a letter in the mail telling us about the bonus.

Guardrail

I have a cousin who has a friend....

We have direct deposit. At least they didn't send us a letter in the mail telling us about the bonus.

Guardrail
You know what I mean Guardrail, those transactions cost money, just don't make sense to me, even our beloved gov. won't issue a refund if its under a dollar, or maybe more, IDK, just passing on what the DW told my buddy his bonus was. Fedex is like Sysco or anyother big company, they will step over a dollar just to get at a dime, never has made sense to me.

Friend of mine said there is alot of grumbling, its starting to irritate mgmt. I believe any bonus is found money, but honestly, Fedex could have saved tons of money by not going there, especially with such a small amount. They should have just said they didn't meet profit goals and been done with it, it would have been forgoten in no time. This deal here will live on in the minds of the labor for some time, I think it was a bad call on mgmts part.

I Agree with grocery thrower people.will still be talking about this years to come. I seem to think they like to see just how many insults and such the workforce here will indure.was a very tacky thing to do but it is what it is.

my wife and I are going out for a nice dinner with my bonus check.I think I got enough to supersize both of our happymeals.

The bonus is based on a calculation and we had a terrible year,what do you expect to get?
If the company had such a bad year.Ask your scm, ops sup.or any other management what type of bonus they got.I GUARANTEE you will not have the same opinion. Look while I agree to a certain point that it was a bad year.When you give these amounts out, it is somewhat a slap in the face. You have your city guys out in the 100+ degree weather picking up your frt and us road guys out here night and day in the snow rain and other weather. You would think they would have taken that into consideration. The one thing that I don't understand is the company mailing bonuses out to people that quit ,let alone people that were in management and decided too get out. I do agree that scm and SOME other management have a very hard job.But I think the higher management has lost sight of what drives this company.THE DRIVERS, whether it be p&d or road these guys are the ones that put dinner on EVERYONES table.Without them and especially maintenance too keep things running there is NO frt and no reason for this petty bonus.Im done crying, you may begin bashing me.

cch6874 said:
If the company had such a bad year.Ask your scm, ops sup.or any other management what type of bonus they got.I GUARANTEE you will not have the same opinion. Look while I agree to a certain point that it was a bad year.When you give these amounts out, it is somewhat a slap in the face. You have your city guys out in the 100+ degree weather picking up your frt and us road guys out here night and day in the snow rain and other weather. You would think they would have taken that into consideration. The one thing that I don't understand is the company mailing bonuses out to people that quit ,let alone people that were in management and decided too get out. I do agree that scm and SOME other management have a very hard job.But I think the higher management has lost sight of what drives this company.THE DRIVERS, whether it be p&d or road these guys are the ones that put dinner on EVERYONES table.Without them and especially maintenance too keep things running there is NO frt and no reason for this petty bonus.Im done crying, you may begin bashing me.

Im not going to bash you,the bonus is based on results.Our results sucked,much of it out of our hands though. Red shirts dont get this bonus and they had a 15% pay cut a few years ago that was never returned. The next one should be decent if we can get some of these a$$ hats to quit smashing the freight.

truckingBORED said:
Beerboy & Phantom, do you assume that because I portrayed Fred in opulent surroundings that I dislike him? I assumed someone else might find some humor in that hypothetical scenario, apparently not...

No it's cool. I was just putting my 3 cents in there. I did see the beauty , humor to what you posted. It was so well written I couldn't comment on a masterpiece. Even if I disagreed I can not take away that it was well written.
I'm a very very simple uneducated man. I don't leave much to think about with my babble. Jeff keeps me around in case he needs a mass banning. All I'm good for. I'm a pro company non union worker that knows what a great job is. And when he has one. That's all carry on

Red shirts do get a bonus and it's probably over 100 times your $20 dollar insult check. And yes they get it even if its a bad year.

Golfman said:
Red shirts do get a bonus and it's probably over 100 times your $20 dollar insult check. And yes they get it even if its a bad year.

Its not the same bonus we get,they might get something in their compensation package. Send your insult check to me if your so offended.

Golfman said:

40 bucks.. Wow that is 1000 times more. We must make 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more than they do a week/ year then by your figures.
Those "worthless" redshirts are also responsible for any employees non decking / damage / late cuts / bayed freight / production of their team / chem spills / and anything else out of their control all this falls on them for a huge salary of 40k a year !
While we make an average of 60 to 80 a year to hold a steering wheel and not deck freight / laugh at projections / production.
Sure some guys are asses( this is both sides btw redshirts and not) but you really have to feel sorry for those guys for a split second.
Good for them they got a 40 spot.
I will take 60+ a year and 20 dollar bonus for being responsible for basically nothing.
Gotta at least put yourself in others shoes bro

Does anyone know how often we will receive this bonus? Once a month, once a quarter, or once a year if we meet the criteria set by the company.

This is a quarterly bonus, based first on the company making a profit, then other criteria like os&d, safety etc. It's been sooo long since we've gotten one, I forget the criteria. Each criteria has a low/mid/high level of payout. Obviously this must have been a low level achievement in each area.

But hey! If we try real hard we have the potential to get 10 times that amount. But then, of course the bar will be raised.