Jeff VS Raccoon

Hook will be along shortly. He used to have a craving for the brains-n-eggs delicacy back in the day. And, I would bet that DCM has had them before!!!
No, can't say that I have. I do remember hearing people from the depression era saying everything on the hog was eaten, ears, snout etc. The saying is they ate everything but the oink.
I've never tried raccoon either.
As I mentioned at the Gillet Coon Supper just about everybody eats some coon, at least enough for a symbolic gesture. I have heard that preparing coon like other wild game takes some know how to take out the wild flavor. I have heard the meat is coarse & greasy like bear meat unless prepared correctly.

No, can't say that I have. I do remember hearing people from the depression era saying everything on the hog was eaten, ears, snout etc. The saying is they ate everything but the oink.

As I mentioned at the Gillet Coon Supper just about everybody eats some coon, at least enough for a symbolic gesture. I have heard that preparing coon like other wild game takes some know how to take out the wild flavor. I have heard the meat is coarse & greasy like bear meat unless prepared correctly.
I've tried bear, it was terrible to me.

Why not just give your racoon something to eat? They're not mean at all. I know of a few people who have raised them. It's not a possum. Only thing about raising them is their natural instict will kick in one day and they disappear.
If you think they're not mean, you have never seen one fight a pack of dogs.

Hook will be along shortly. He used to have a craving for the brains-n-eggs delicacy back in the day. And, I would bet that DCM has had them before!!!
Brother that's some good eating as long as it's done right. These city boys will cringe but they would starve to death without a super market Lol. I might be a hillbilly Redneck but I know how to spell Duct Tape. :lmao: