Jevic Closed today?

rexteamster

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard from a driver in CLE that Jevic will be shutting down all barns today. anyone else hear that to.

I think they shut some places in South last month...Cincy, Mem, ATL and CLT.

I know for sure Cincy and Detroit are down

We picked up and deliverd freight today, 385pickups today, you have freight comming your way... monday may be a different story my friend good luck.............................

I work in J1 Delanco.....
Not too good. We packed up everything today to prepare ourselves for the blow that may or may not be coming Monday morning.

There were approximately 50 IC drivers let go, 1/2 the cust service told to leave in the afternoon, all the sales people have already informed their customers to look elsewhere for freight needs, my loads for next week were cancelled.
Monday is doomsday... we find out if we still have a job for the next couple of days or if we are put out into the street.

Word is....its bankruptcy...chapter 7... if not and its chapter 11 some of us will still have jobs....certain departments will not.

Lets just say it was all poor management on Jevics part.

I work for Estes and was picking up at a plastic manufacture in DE. and was told that we are taking over Jevics freight,one of your drivers walked in and had a very stunned look on his face,he said corporate hadn't even told anyone.i wish you all the best,this is just know way to treat hard working men and women.Good luck and God Bless

I work for Estes and was picking up at a plastic manufacture in DE. and was told that we are taking over Jevics freight,one of your drivers walked in and had a very stunned look on his face,he said corporate hadn't even told anyone.i wish you all the best,this is just know way to treat hard working men and women.Good luck and God Bless

thankyou jusbe

Welcome to the boards tster. Sorry to here that. I always thought of Jevic as a top notch carrier. God bless and best of luck to hard working employees of Jevic if it's true.