Holland | Job openings coming soon...

grimreaper

caddy
Credits
Looks like there may be alot of job openings coming next election.
Starting with the President on down to the B.A s
Does jimmy have a cdl ? :hysterical:
maybe since they dont have a problem with an union company (us) operating like a non- union company, they could possibly get a job with jb hunt ya think ? :hysterical: :smilie_132:

:biglaugh:

Looks like there may be alot of job openings coming next election.
Starting with the President on down to the B.A s
Does jimmy have a cdl ? :hysterical:
maybe since they dont have a problem with an union company (us) operating like a non- union company, they could possibly get a job with jb hunt ya think ? :hysterical: :smilie_132:

:biglaugh:

If anyone cared in the first place we would not be where we are now. The Leadership will only preform to the level we demand. The Union is only as strong as it's Membership. The only way any change will ever be made is if each of us educate our Brothers.

If anyone cared in the first place we would not be where we are now. The Leadership will only preform to the level we demand. The Union is only as strong as it's Membership. The only way any change will ever be made is if each of us educate our Brothers.

The Union is only as strong as it's Membership.>>>>>
I believe that part but with this utility thing the linehaul is getting sold out dude >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> by this agreement >>>> only by this agreement..

did you get a paper from the ibt stating that this utility employee would not affect the road board? uhhh ..... around mid january 2008?
thats what Im sayin dude .... they already knew the road board would be affected ... they came up with the utility program ...
to get the contract signed ... so they can have a job and Guaranteed pension... but they lied when they said that hollands COO was a gaining JOBS COO .... they said nothing about the lost jobs on the road ... they knew that the road was going to severely downsized if not deleted..
I can go on and on ...
I rest my case
They sold the road board out dude

I believe that part but with this utility thing the linehaul is getting sold out dude >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> by this agreement >>>> only by this agreement..

did you get a paper from the ibt stating that this utility employee would not affect the road board? uhhh ..... around mid january 2008?
thats what Im sayin dude .... they already knew the road board would be affected ... they came up with the utility program ...
to get the contract signed ... so they can have a job and Guaranteed pension... but they lied when they said that hollands COO was a gaining JOBS COO .... they said nothing about the lost jobs on the road ... they knew that the road was going to severely downsized if not deleted..
I can go on and on ...
I rest my case

Uh no. The Teamsters sold the road board out by voting for this piece of sh!t.:hide: There were people on here that said the road would be downsized if this contract was passed. But noone wanted to hear it. They wanted to accept the 1st thing that came along. They didnt have the balls to fight. Oh well, it is what it is.

I can go on and on ...
I rest my case

You can rant and rave all you want but they SOLD US ALL OUT, DUDE!!!
we are supposed to be brothers , remember??

GBA:USA:

Uh no. The Teamsters sold the road board out by voting for this piece of sh!t.:hide: There were people on here that said the road would be downsized if this contract was passed. But noone wanted to hear it. They wanted to accept the 1st thing that came along. They didnt have the balls to fight. Oh well, it is what it is.

The saddest part is the number of people that could not even take the time to vote. Someone at our barn had the numbers from the vote and it was something like 80% of the ballots were not even returned. I will never understand why people insist on passing the first piece of trash the company puts on the table. Do they buy a car that way? Just accept the first price given by the dealer, or negotiate for something better. Maybe all of the Teamsters should take a lesson from Chicago locals and fight for something better! Just once, fight for something!

The saddest part is the number of people that could not even take the time to vote. Someone at our barn had the numbers from the vote and it was something like 80% of the ballots were not even returned. I will never understand why people insist on passing the first piece of trash the company puts on the table. Do they buy a car that way? Just accept the first price given by the dealer, or negotiate for something better. Maybe all of the Teamsters should take a lesson from Chicago locals and fight for something better! Just once, fight for something!

It`s probably that 80% that are *****ing the most! They don`t vote in political elections and complain the most. No vote,then shut up!

I surely didn't come to your forum to stir the venting pot.
But being an old retired trucker that got into the Teamsters back in the olden days when I rememeber there being over 3500 Teamster trucking companies before our stupid government official deregulated the industry by 1980.
Now we are only 28 years out from that sad time to only Yellow,ABF,and maybe a handful of smaller trucking companies remaining in the Teamsters union.

In the mean time as trucking companies were falling apart,and pulling the plug on their operations.
The Teamsters have been bringing other non-trucking companies into their family.

In my opinion the Teamsters union will still get along just fine without any trucking companies anymore.

They have amassed a mighty tiddy portfolio for themselves in the last 28 years.
Just look at all of the divisions they have now.
Hospitals,schools,Bus drivers,janitorial,and a bunch of other non-trucking businesses to keep the union officials in groceries as well as getting their fair share when they retire.

Whats wrong with this picture with trucking being the core of the Teamsters union from their beginning,to the splinter they are today.

Sad,but true,sorry to say,in my opinion.

A couple of us city men saw the proposal for the NMFA when it first came out and asked the road steward,you guys are not going to vote for this are you? Because this UE language looks and sounds to us that your going to lose runs which means less road men. The steward told the couple of us asking that the union told him it did not pertain to them (usf) which we said you know if its in black and white it does. I do feel sorry that alot of locals bamboozled there members but the bottom line is the contract flew in 2-1 and was the quickest NMFA contract ever agreed upon. We all have minds of our own and could of voted it down until we got more explanation and we did not. Like our Moms used to say if Jimmy told you to jump off a bridge would you do it. We just have to remember this at election time, boy we thought Carey was bad.

In my opinion the Teamsters union will still get along just fine without any trucking companies anymore.

Hospitals,schools,Bus drivers,janitorial,and a bunch of other non-trucking businesses to keep the union officials in groceries as well as getting their fair share when they retire.

I remember reading in the magazine about some lawyers joining the IBT.

But being an old retired trucker that got into the Teamsters back in the olden days when I rememeber there being over 3500 Teamster trucking companies before our stupid government official deregulated the industry by 1980.
Now we are only 28 years out from that sad time to only Yellow,ABF,and maybe a handful of smaller trucking companies remaining in the Teamsters union.

In the mean time as trucking companies were falling apart,and pulling the plug on their operations.
The Teamsters have been bringing other non-trucking companies into their family.

Whats wrong with this picture with trucking being the core of the Teamsters union from their beginning,to the splinter they are today.

I`m sure they have amassed a fortune from the strike fund,that will never go to the rank and file.

I can go on and on ...
I rest my case

I just got a news letter a week ago saying how great the new UE was working for the company and how many jobs it has made. It is amazing how they never see the down side of it. When we here at LO got the UE jobs I got laid off that week and a month sooner than last year and we have lost 7 guys above me since last layoff due to retirement and quiting and still got laid off. I just dont get it.:nutkick:

Sorry APO, I disagree. The truckers go, the Teamsters go. They might have some new people signed on but the Teamsters was built on the trucking industry and is still supported by it. Hard to imagine that we are the ones they are selling out. It would crumble so fast it'll make your head spin!

No problem disagreeing with me my friend,we still live in a free country as long as we pay our taxes that is.
We still have every right to agree,or disagree about anything under the sun.
But mark my words on this one,to see what trucking,and the Teamsters union may be when the next contract talks rolls around.
I really hate to see how things are now in the LTL trucking industry compared to back in the days before the indusrty was deregulated.

I walked a picket line back in the 70's when almost nothing was moving across the country.
Businesses were laying their workers off because there was so little moving on the few non-union trucking companies.
only 1 week on the picket line,and the government was screamming at all of the union LTL's to settel.
The Teamsters under Jimmy H. Sr.owned this country,and the movement of most of the commerce was by union carriers.

To look what the LTL indusrty is today.
Yes sir you can disagree with me all you want,but I have fond memories of how it was back in the day,and sorry to say my friend its not the same union as it was back then.

Enemy Within

Some excellent posts and opinions in this little thread. Yes, we did
Get “sold out dude” big-time. And yes the 70 plus % that voted yes
On this crap just took the first offer put on the table because they were
Afraid (so much for big tough teamsters) I place the blame on our teamster
Leaders most of all, they’re entire reason for existing is to organize the
Disorganized and protect jobs. This was a sellout contract. Our leaders
Participated in the disorganization by selling us the same lies yrc was
Telling us, “create jobs” “protect jobs” “great contract” we all got the
Robo Johnson calls and everything else but no answers to our questions.
Our industry is in its death throes, same as all that came before. Steel jobs,
Factory jobs, auto jobs, the fat cats up top get richer and richer by selling
Out the American worker and fat cat Hoffa is one of them.
this contract was a pig in lipstick.

Some excellent posts and opinions in this little thread. Yes, we did
Get “sold out dude” big-time. And yes the 70 plus % that voted yes
On this crap just took the first offer put on the table because they were
Afraid (so much for big tough teamsters) I place the blame on our teamster
Leaders most of all, they’re entire reason for existing is to organize the
Disorganized and protect jobs. This was a sellout contract. Our leaders
Participated in the disorganization by selling us the same lies yrc was
Telling us, “create jobs” “protect jobs” “great contract” we all got the
Robo Johnson calls and everything else but no answers to our questions.
Our industry is in its death throes, same as all that came before. Steel jobs,
Factory jobs, auto jobs, the fat cats up top get richer and richer by selling
Out the American worker and fat cat Hoffa is one of them.
this contract was a pig in lipstick.

I agree 100%.

There will always need to be trucking,and truck drivers.
There will never come a time when any freight can be faxed across this country.

The Teamsters when they where formed were organizing ,and uniting as many truckers as they could to set the standard of living as Teamsters.

The Teamsters from their foundations were started as leaders of the organization,and the workers that were organized being one happy family.
Thats why they were called the International (Brotherhood)of Teamsters.

But somewhere along the history of the Teamsters it seems like the term (Brotherhood) has become a foreign word to most,if not all of the union officials which are earning their living from the dues of the hard working people they are supposed to protect.

I know our Government got the ball rolling when they deregulated the trucking industry.
The big three LTL trucking companies at that time were Roadway,Consolidated Freightways,and Yellow I think in that order.
Well these three companies got the bright idea of discounting freight rates.
Oh my has that practise come back to bite them,big time.

By them discounting the rates,they were forcing the smaller companies to follow them if they wanted to have any freight to haul.

Well then a lot of those smaller companies just couldn't compete so they started shutting down their operations.

I know all to well about this as I got my first LTL city driving Teamsters job in 1966.
I was going on 18 years with a union company,when I got a phone call at my house on a Sunday afternoon.
My TM telling me the company closed their doors midnight Saturday,don't bother coming to work in the morning.

I just retired the first of April this year,after working for 15 different LTL trucking companies to wind up with a 20 year Teamster pension.

Well not to write a book here.

Since going through so many bankrupted trucking companies since deregulation kicked in 1980.
I have seen the LTL industry go down hill.
Looking back it seems 28 years wasn't long ago in the history of American trucking.

When I took a withdrawl card in 1986 to hire on with Overnite,after working as a casual Teamster driver for 11 union companies which the only 2 of them left are Yellow,and Roadway.
With so many union companies closing I had no hope of getting anything fultime with any of them.

But to end this story the Teamsters were always setting the standard for wages,and benefits,for their dues paying members.
They were what every non-union company had to compete with to get drivers to work for them.

Sorry to say as the LTL trucking industry feel apart,so it seems the Teamsters in the trucking industry have done the same.

The union leadership saw this happening with trucking so they started organizing other non-trucking businesses to have a steady flow of union dues coming in to take care of them.

I'll end by saying its a sorry day today in the trucking industry,but thats life.
The good old American way of taking care of number one,and the heck with everybody else.
So much for the term (BROTHERHOOD) now days???

There will always need to be trucking,and truck drivers.
There will never come a time when any freight can be faxed across this country.

The Teamsters when they where formed were organizing ,and uniting as many truckers as they could to set the standard of living as Teamsters.

The Teamsters from their foundations were started as leaders of the organization,and the workers that were organized being one happy family.
Thats why they were called the International (Brotherhood)of Teamsters.

But somewhere along the history of the Teamsters it seems like the term (Brotherhood) has become a foreign word to most,if not all of the union officials which are earning their living from the dues of the hard working people they are supposed to protect.

I know our Government got the ball rolling when they deregulated the trucking industry.
The big three LTL trucking companies at that time were Roadway,Consolidated Freightways,and Yellow I think in that order.
Well these three companies got the bright idea of discounting freight rates.
Oh my has that practise come back to bite them,big time.

By them discounting the rates,they were forcing the smaller companies to follow them if they wanted to have any freight to haul.

Well then a lot of those smaller companies just couldn't compete so they started shutting down their operations.

I know all to well about this as I got my first LTL city driving Teamsters job in 1966.
I was going on 18 years with a union company,when I got a phone call at my house on a Sunday afternoon.
My TM telling me the company closed their doors midnight Saturday,don't bother coming to work in the morning.

I just retired the first of April this year,after working for 15 different LTL trucking companies to wind up with a 20 year Teamster pension.

Well not to write a book here.

Since going through so many bankrupted trucking companies since deregulation kicked in 1980.
I have seen the LTL industry go down hill.
Looking back it seems 28 years wasn't long ago in the history of American trucking.

When I took a withdrawl card in 1986 to hire on with Overnite,after working as a casual Teamster driver for 11 union companies which the only 2 of them left are Yellow,and Roadway.
With so many union companies closing I had no hope of getting anything fultime with any of them.

But to end this story the Teamsters were always setting the standard for wages,and benefits,for their dues paying members.
They were what every non-union company had to compete with to get drivers to work for them.

Sorry to say as the LTL trucking industry feel apart,so it seems the Teamsters in the trucking industry have done the same.

The union leadership saw this happening with trucking so they started organizing other non-trucking businesses to have a steady flow of union dues coming in to take care of them.

I'll end by saying its a sorry day today in the trucking industry,but thats life.
The good old American way of taking care of number one,and the heck with everybody else.
So much for the term (BROTHERHOOD) now days???

I think the word DEREGULATION has a lot to do with problems all forms of transportation faces airlines,railroads,and most of all trucking.Just my opinion.

Yes I will totally agree with you DEREGULATION is the key word in the downfall of every union company in North America.
The government should of left their mits off of everything in this country.

Why they wanted tax payers who are paying their salaries while they are in office to live substandard is way beyond my understanding?