FedEx Freight | John Smith - Welcome to FY24 - Video

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Last edited:
This guy is delusional. This is nothing but pure lip service. NOTHING is going to change. The people with a little bit of control aren’t going to magically start being interested in what those that don’t, have to say about anything.

The entire corporate culture at FedEx is designed to foster animosity and distrust between everyone. From the lowest skin bag dock worker getting “the good forklift” before the guy that worked there two days longer gets it, to supervisors jealous of drivers making more money and working less hours, drivers rummaging through a pile of pallet jacks, looking for the nicest piece of trash before anyone else gets it. Operations managers that ignore daily freight damages caused by incompetence and laziness but counsel a driver for the slightest infraction. It’s all misery by design, which makes it easier to control people. All this “Hey team! We’re in this together!! One FedEx!!” nonsense is just words. Never forget that.

wHY dOnt YoU gO WOrK sOMEwhERe eLsE tHen?!.

I’m not giving up the crumbs I’ve accumulated over the years to start all over again somewhere else without any crumbs. If I could take my crumbs with me, I’d leave so fast that all you’d see is a dust outline where I was standing. But this industry doesn’t work that way. So you stay, and tolerate it for as long as you can detach yourself from your feelings while you are there.

“Safety Above All”, unless you’re running a liftgate, then we don’t care if you kill yourself, just get the freight that we’ve packed to the door and left no room to safely maneuver the 3000lb pallet off the truck, we’ve got pickups to do.

Last edited:
“Opco pride” yeah AF, Viking and Watkins built the LTL part of the business… so when I look back at these past companies and see the hard work that was done by all the fine folks to help build out the largest LTL company in the United States and see it being soiled by “Service Partners” aka contractors in road hazard bread vans it gets a little annoying. I know the Express folks feel the same way, especially considering a lot of them are losing their jobs to those contractors.

I get it, AF and Viking were bought out over 20 years ago… but gees…

“Opco pride” yeah AF, Viking and Watkins built the LTL part of the business… so when I look back at these past companies and see the hard work that was done by all the fine folks to help build out the largest LTL company in the United States and see it being soiled by “Service Partners” aka contractors in road hazard bread vans it gets a little annoying. I know the Express folks feel the same way, especially considering a lot of them are losing their jobs to those contractors.

I get it, AF and Viking were bought out over 20 years ago… but gees…

I thought June was “”OPCO Pride” month?

IMG-1195.gif

From all outward appearances, it looks like FedEx is trying to eliminate vehicle ownership and maintenance and employee benefits. That certainly doesn't sound like a growth strategy when you eliminate employee positions, even if there is a good amount of redundancy between ground and express.

Two things that I find interesting is that Fed Ex Canada is doing just the opposite with ground being eliminated and Express staying. And it also begs the question on how this contractor model works in states with AB-5 laws, especially if it becomes more widely adopted.

From all outward appearances, it looks like FedEx is trying to eliminate vehicle ownership and maintenance and employee benefits. That certainly doesn't sound like a growth strategy when you eliminate employee positions, even if there is a good amount of redundancy between ground and express.

Two things that I find interesting is that Fed Ex Canada is doing just the opposite with ground being eliminated and Express staying. And it also begs the question on how this contractor model works in states with AB-5 laws, especially if it becomes more widely adopted.
As far as I know, FXF Canada is contract drivers. The tractors are all branded just like company trucks, but they're all independently owned.

Not sure if that means anything for us, but it's an observation I've made.