Kidney Stones

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
besides myself, at least one other person here has had or still has kidney stones. I will protect that persons privacy, and he can come here and tell his story if he wishes.

but this morning at or about 7:15, i passed this huge stone. i have been going to my urologist for a couple/three months now, to have several stones blasted out of my kidney (it is the left kidney only that has the stones) . they could not be all done at the same time.

i have already (in total) pee'd out about a level teaspoon of stones thus far, some being big, but NOT like this one pictured here.

i tried my best to get both side of the stone. one side pic, you can see what looks like a hollowness to it.

i felt something coming down the "pipeline" as i call it, but it stopped.

as i tried sitting down for my morning coffee, the "stuck stone", reminded me that i have a "digit" inbetwen my legs.

it did not hurt as much as you may be thinking, but rest assured, it reminded me several times it wanted to come out, but it just wouldn't...

but when it did.....

oooooo....weeeeeee...........did it feel good............(that it finally came out.......!!!)

hope the pics come out clear enough.....

oh yeah, and of course, i have it next to a dime

this next pic, i tried to get a measurement. in order to try to avoid shadows, i had to take this pic with the tape measure upside down. it does appear to be a stone of about 1/4" in diameter, but i'll let you decide.....

in this one, i tried to line it up the best i can with the lines, does seem to look like a 1/4 " stone...??

Last edited:
I've had kidney stones 3 times. It's the most pain I have ever experienced in my life. The Dr's equate it as what women go through when they have contractions in labor. Men are wimps compared to woman when it comes to a pain threshold. That's what my Doctor told me. Maybe so, I won't argue that point. My last stone was about that size and I passed it during my sleep. Thank God. I woke up one morning and felt something down there. I reached down and there it was right on the tip of my pee pee. Looked like a piece of crystal with sharp edges. Wicked looking. I urinated blood for a couple of days but it was pain free. Most people experience great pain. These days I drink plenty of water to dilute my system. Mine were calcium based.

I've had kidney stones 3 times. It's the most pain I have ever experienced in my life. The Dr's equate it as what women go through when they have contractions in labor. Men are wimps compared to woman when it comes to a pain threshold. That's what my Doctor told me. Maybe so, I won't argue that point. My last stone was about that size and I passed it during my sleep. Thank God. I woke up one morning and felt something down there. I reached down and there it was right on the tip of my pee pee. Looked like a piece of crystal with sharp edges. Wicked looking. I urinated blood for a couple of days but it was pain free. Most people experience great pain. These days I drink plenty of water to dilute my system. Mine were calcium based.

as of early this morning, i am trying to pass perhaps the other half of that previous stone, to no avail. i even just now took another FlowMax pill to allow the tract to widen up a bit more.

i see the doctor Monday (tomorrow) in fact, and he should be able to tell me the lab results of the sample i gave him my last blast visit.

i do not drink as much water or other beverages as most other people do, so i highly suspect he will tell me to start taking my fluids.

the problem here too, is that for several years, i have been on Potassium Citrate, which is supposed to lessen (even stop) the formation of stones, but apparently as he told me, he may have to start me on yet another medication.

since at or about 5 AM on Sunday, i have had a stone stuck inside of me. i told my sis that if it does not pass, or it gets worse for me, she will have to take me to the hospital.

just today, in fact about 2 hours ago, i had an appointment with the urologist to follow up my last blasting.

he found that i have a high uric acid content in me, and these stones are made from that.

i got home, and had to pee, when i did, this BIG stone, finally came out....too bad it didn't come out for the urine sample his patients have to give at each visit.....

nearly the same size as the one i posted above...

i'll tell you. i had heard stories of stones from others, ever since i was a kid. never had any reason to pay any attention to them.

now that i am going thru this nonsense, i want to know as much as possible.

so far, no real medical proof any thing can actually stave off high uric acid, other than say, drinking lots more water to flush out the system.

the doctor will have me take a 24 hour sample test, when he is done blasting out the last stone.

oh well.............

time to call a contractor, i want my new (kidney) stone wall put up before the springtime............

i'll tell you. i had heard stories of stones from others, ever since i was a kid. never had any reason to pay any attention to them.

so far, no real medical proof any thing can actually stave off high uric acid, other than say, drinking lots more water to flush out the system.

the doctor will have me take a 24 hour sample test, when he is done blasting out the last stone.

oh well.............

time to call a contractor, i want my new (kidney) stone wall put up before the springtime............
Water is your best friend. Force yourself to drink at least 3 or 4 20 oz.bottles a day in the winter. More in the summer. Water!! Not Gatorade or other sugar drinks. Uric acid will also give you gout which is no fun either. Blood pressure medicine with a diuretic in it will also raise uric acid levels. And of course your diet. It sucks getting old. Can't do what you did when you were a young man.

oh well.............

Also, beer is the number one no no for uric acid levels. It's the yeast.

Mine was calcium based and it was the size of a dime,It was painful as heck. I was screaming in pain.I had to have it surgically removed from while. They knocked me out for it. That was the only one I had and that was 25 years ago. I drink Cranberry juice once a day and plenty of water now.

1)..
Water is your best friend. Force yourself to drink at least 3 or 4 20 oz.bottles a day in the winter. More in the summer. Water!! Not Gatorade or other sugar drinks. Uric acid will also give you gout which is no fun either. Blood pressure medicine with a diuretic in it will also raise uric acid levels. And of course your diet. It sucks getting old. Can't do what you did when you were a young man.
yes i did some quick reading and one site recommended at least 14 glasses of water per day at 8 oz each.
frankly i really haven't been drinking too many beverages. i only drink when i am thirsty, which it has been said, when you are thirsty, you are dehydrated.

2)..
Also, beer is the number one no no for uric acid levels. It's the yeast.
yes, alcoholic beverages are a no-no.

in the summertime, i may have one beer on this day, no beer the next. but the next time i'd have a beer, it might be 2, then no more for another day or 2. i never was a big consumer of beer. as for wine, i may have a half glass (about 4 ozs) of wither red or white wine, but then too, this is once in a blue moon. again, as in beer, i am not a big consumer of wine.

3)...
Mine was calcium based and it was the size of a dime,It was painful as heck. I was screaming in pain.I had to have it surgically removed from while. They knocked me out for it. That was the only one I had and that was 25 years ago. I drink Cranberry juice once a day and plenty of water now.

as of now, mine are of the uric acid type. this morning in fact, i had a "blood letting" of urine and stones, several of them small, a couple were big. the doctor wants more stones for testing to see if they match up with the previous results. there is always a possibility as he told me, i could have "other types" of stones.

as for cranberry juice, no actual evidence shows that it is the best for the urinary tract. 2 of my urologists have said so. the only "benefit" of cranberry juice, is that it is a beverage. i certainly WILL NOT discount what others say about the benefits of cranberry juice, i am simply relaying what my 2 urologists have said.

then too, like orange juice, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and any other fruit juice(s), for me at least, diarrhea is a REAL FACT and as such, i stay away from ALL fruit juices. i cannot even have "substitute" juices like those in the small boxes, or other "blended" fruit drinks.

strange, cuz I CAN EAT fruits, of all kinds, with no problem.but the juices...???

no toilet is safe, and the world's supply of toilet paper takes a huge hit...........!!!!!!

But getting old is better than the alternative

1)..
yes i did some quick reading and one site recommended at least 14 glasses of water per day at 8 oz each.
frankly i really haven't been drinking too many beverages. i only drink when i am thirsty, which it has been said, when you are thirsty, you are dehydrated.

2)..
yes, alcoholic beverages are a no-no.

in the summertime, i may have one beer on this day, no beer the next. but the next time i'd have a beer, it might be 2, then no more for another day or 2. i never was a big consumer of beer. as for wine, i may have a half glass (about 4 ozs) of wither red or white wine, but then too, this is once in a blue moon. again, as in beer, i am not a big consumer of wine.

3)...

as of now, mine are of the uric acid type. this morning in fact, i had a "blood letting" of urine and stones, several of them small, a couple were big. the doctor wants more stones for testing to see if they match up with the previous results. there is always a possibility as he told me, i could have "other types" of stones.

as for cranberry juice, no actual evidence shows that it is the best for the urinary tract. 2 of my urologists have said so. the only "benefit" of cranberry juice, is that it is a beverage. i certainly WILL NOT discount what others say about the benefits of cranberry juice, i am simply relaying what my 2 urologists have said.

then too, like orange juice, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and any other fruit juice(s), for me at least, diarrhea is a REAL FACT and as such, i stay away from ALL fruit juices. i cannot even have "substitute" juices like those in the small boxes, or other "blended" fruit drinks.

strange, cuz I CAN EAT fruits, of all kinds, with no problem.but the juices...???

no toilet is safe, and the world's supply of toilet paper takes a huge hit...........!!!!!!

I'll have hold court on the cranberry juice. My doctor has suggested that I drink a bottle of cranberry juice at least once per week. Said it is a natural antibiotic.

I'll have hold court on the cranberry juice. My doctor has suggested that I drink a bottle of cranberry juice at least once per week. Said it is a natural antibiotic.
i do lke cranberry juice, and frankly ALL fruit juices, but it is the "side effects" that i mentioned earlier, that i do not like.

ok, here is a pic of a pile of stones thus far, and in front, the bigger stones.

that is a dime in the back ground, the stones are piled up to....

ok, here is a pic of a pile of stones thus far, and in front, the bigger stones.

that is a dime in the back ground, the stones are piled up to....

Your urethra must be cut up pretty bad. Did those stones at any time block the flow of urine to the bladder. I can't believe you haven't spoke of the unbelievable pain that stones cause when such a blockage occurs. Were they simply blasted out of your kidneys with no blockage.

Your urethra must be cut up pretty bad. Did those stones at any time block the flow of urine to the bladder. I can't believe you haven't spoke of the unbelievable pain that stones cause when such a blockage occurs. Were they simply blasted out of your kidneys with no blockage.
This past Sunday, was my worst day. i had a stone stuck in me from or about 4 Am when i woke up. i could feel something in there, but it just would not come out. i could still pee, however, it was the weakest of all times.

i had already prepped my family member that i may be going to the hospital.

but i never did.

come now monday, i still could feel the stone. i had even doubled up on the FlowMax.

Monday afternoon, i went to the urologist, and could not provide a sample.

but when i got home a bit later......

KA-WHOOSH..........!!

the stone came out, and so did MUCH blood.................

but NO PAIN................!!!!!!!

all later Monday, into Tuesday, i was passing stones like a trucker passes a slow Swifty................

i only have felt a "twinge" of sorts, passing the stones, then sometimes, there will be some sort of "burning" at the tip.....which will last for a few minutes or so.