FedEx Freight | "L" for linehaul

I drove almost 3 years for AF before I ever got a tractor with A/C. Power Stearing? Yeah, Arm-Strong stearing. And in Gulf Coast Texas during the summer. No big tears here. Not that I want to drive a city unit again but I have been driving one now for going on 2 weeks while that fine piece of equipment (KW) is in the shop . . . again!

I drove almost 3 years for AF before I ever got a tractor with A/C. Power Stearing? Yeah, Arm-Strong stearing. And in Gulf Coast Texas during the summer. No big tears here. Not that I want to drive a city unit again but I have been driving one now for going on 2 weeks while that fine piece of equipment (KW) is in the shop . . . again!
Yea whats up with these new KWs? in the shop, in the shop, in the shop!... woops record is stuck here. er CD....hmm... can a cd get stuck... HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.. bells on bob tails ring making spirts high.....all right I'll stop singing

Hey I bet those KW's were cheap.... I wonder what they are costing in all the shop time??? Oh ya,,, and nobody who has to drive them likes them... But that doesn't matter.... And quit singing Dragon !!!!!!

I was going to sneak in and CRANK UP 365Volares sound (but I over slept) so when he checked in he would get....away in a manger...sorry thats tonight CHRISTMAS...JINGLE BELLS SHOTGUN SHELLS OH! WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE IN A ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH....I'm wingin it here....someone is having to much fun!! ME, and I hope you also.

listen to us complain about air and radios.have any of you seen what santa flys around in.no windows no doors no heat no radio and if one of those rain deer ahead of him fart poo or pee guess where it goes.so the next time you don't like you tractor think of santa:nutkick: :hysterical:

listen to us complain about air and radios.have any of you seen what santa flys around in.no windows no doors no heat no radio and if one of those rain deer ahead of him fart poo or pee guess where it goes.so the next time you don't like you tractor think of santa:nutkick: :hysterical:

thank you fine sir for thinking about me tonight on my journey,

Thanks 14 !! I will never complain about my truck again !!! (except the ac needs fixin)
Santa,,, don't forget your goggles ! GO GET EM !!!!

Reindeer . . . .
No way! check out the styl'n up in the left hand corner! Not that's the way for Santa to travel now days! Merry Christmas!

Lets go back to AF

Fed Ex bah humbug give me back AF anyday. You were treated much much better than these days, just a number Take care of your people (ya right) that was the good ole days when that statement meant something. Like you were all saying it's a numbers game and nothing is going to change.

Fed Ex bah humbug give me back AF anyday. You were treated much much better than these days, just a number Take care of your people (ya right) that was the good ole days when that statement meant something. Like you were all saying it's a numbers game and nothing is going to change.
Is this a PIPE DREAM? Its never going to be like it was... NEVER!! We have 2 choices..... Make Do or Quit. I"m not a company man!! but I think I"ll make do ...not quit! TRUCK SAFE!

What did AF/Viking have that FedEx doesn't? Everything looks pretty positive from my eyes. I'm not following the difference. I've seen a lot of changes since the buy-out, and they all look pretty good. It's FedEx, and job security and future growth is a good thing. Now, go home and kick you dog, since your that unhappy.

What did AF/Viking have that FedEx doesn't? Everything looks pretty positive from my eyes. I'm not following the difference. I've seen a lot of changes since the buy-out, and they all look pretty good. It's FedEx, and job security and future growth is a good thing. Now, go home and kick you dog, since your that unhappy.
I was not trying to start anything. Hawkeye54 was talking about AF If you were not there then I can not explain it to you! (I understand him) But it is time to MOVE ON!!!

I too remember the "good ol days".

I remember visiting the predecessor to this board, "freighthauler.com", operated by one Fred A. in KCY.

I remember reading that AF wasn't the same company it used to be.

How the "G" family (can I say their last name?) had gotten too big for their britches.

How we'd lost that sense of family.

How we were now just a number.

Imagine! The indignity of drivers working the dock!

"It'll never work!"
"Too many changes!"
"These stupid handhelds and dock computers...what good are they?!"
"This company's going down the tubes!"

This was all on the Freighthauler circa 1997. Pistol Pete, Family Man, Roogie, and many others can verify, if you don't believe me.

Today, it's the new locks and Volvos vs. KWs.
Oh, and our westward friends wondering if their new president will be introducing them to the hub concept. THAT'll be interesting!

Has it really been a decade?

Excellent points Old AF. We need to just keep moving forward. Our jobs are are some of the best in the industry. There will always be some people that will make our jobs miserable but I always try to make the best out of it. We really do have good jobs guys and FXF is a world player.

I agree... The past is past... Lets move forward. I for one am glad to be a part of this big snow ball rolling down hill ! It only gets bigger ! All of us make FEDEX. Its not just a rolling billboard, its the people.