FedEx Freight | Lack Of Work

ChicagolandRoad

TB Lurker
Credits
I’ve only been with FedEx freight for a little over a year so I’m second to the bottom. Being at the bottom I only ran once this week and my TM said to go to unemployment office to get paid while working still , they said no room on dock. Anyone else have this problem or have to do this in previous years?? Thanks Chicago land road driver.

I’ve only been with FedEx freight for a little over a year so I’m second to the bottom. Being at the bottom I only ran once this week and my TM said to go to unemployment office to get paid while working still , they said no room on dock. Anyone else have this problem or have to do this in previous years?? Thanks Chicago land road driver.
You can work at least 1 day a week and collect unemployment. File now and get your waiting week in. You don’t have to be layed off to file.

I'm not 100% sure.... but I think that the government is waiving the waiting week. Definitely check it out..... don't wait.

I threw this one up that during this time of the Corona virus and such low freight volumes that corporate ( whoever ) amend the policy.
That for the next 30 to 60 days if you have a bid unless your bid has bid cancelled at least once during the week the driver is not allowed to go to the xtra board.
I take a a day off and a higher seniority driver that had his run cut fills my spot and his normal bid has more miles than my run. Why should I step off if it's not going to give a chance for a lower seniority driver work. Everyone has bills and situations just trying to help the lower seniority drivers work

I threw this one up that during this time of the Corona virus and such low freight volumes that corporate ( whoever ) amend the policy.
That for the next 30 to 60 days if you have a bid unless your bid has bid cancelled at least once during the week the driver is not allowed to go to the xtra board.
I take a a day off and a higher seniority driver that had his run cut fills my spot and his normal bid has more miles than my run. Why should I step off if it's not going to give a chance for a lower seniority driver work. Everyone has bills and situations just trying to help the lower seniority drivers work
I would get runs even when it’s slow but now all the old timers getting cut with long runs knock a couple of us extra board guys off

You can work at least 1 day a week and collect unemployment. File now and get your waiting week in. You don’t have to be layed off to file.
I’m looking at doing this. Does anyone know if you’re required to burn up any available PTO before your state will give anything?

Just got a text from my SCM stating Fedex will begin furloughs for drivers that have been sitting at home.

I’m in the Chicagoland area.

Just got a text from my SCM stating Fedex will begin furloughs for drivers that have been sitting at home.

I’m in the Chicagoland area.
Furloughs will be voluntary from the top down should your center be effected. If not enough employees volunteer, then they go from the bottom up per company seniority within your job class.

Insurance premiums will be covered by the company for the first 4 months.

Furloughs will be voluntary from the top down should your center be effected. If not enough employees volunteer, then they go from the bottom up per company seniority within your job class.

Fedex will deduct the 4 months of premiums out of your paycheck if and when you come back to work. It is NOT covered.

If you do get furloughed what are the chances of not coming back to work. Like if things don’t pick up and they never call you basically you loose your job right??

Fedex will deduct the 4 months of premiums out of your paycheck if and when you come back to work. It is NOT covered.
And if you don’t come back, it’s covered. If you do come back, the premiums will be deducted from your check in payments until the full amount is repaid...it’s not like you have to stroke a check for the full amount at one time.

If you do get furloughed what are the chances of not coming back to work. Like if things don’t pick up and they never call you basically you loose your job right??
If after six months you haven’t been called back then yes, you’re done. If you’re called back before six months, you return with full seniority like you never left.
Personally, I think everyone furloughed will be called within four months but that’s just my opinion.

If after six months you haven’t been called back then yes, you’re done. If you’re called back before six months, you return with full seniority like you never left.
Personally, I think everyone furloughed will be called within four months but that’s just my opinion.
Ok so instead of discussing what may be let's discuss what was.

Has FXF layed-off before? Have they implemented Voluntary layoffs. How did they conduct each previously?