FedEx Freight | Lack Of Work

I'm fine with them shutting down the government, it's forcing small business owners to shut the doors and imposing a faux martial law that I take issue with.
I know what you are saying... The Liquor stores can be open here but the Church can't

Get the post back on topic

I worked the dock last night for the city trailers. We were done by 3am with no part timers and missing a handful of full timers that take cc days for 3 day weekends. We loaded a total of 16 trailers. Usual day is 40-50 between routes,swaps and appt traps.

I worked the dock last night for the city trailers. We were done by 3am with no part timers and missing a handful of full timers that take cc days for 3 day weekends. We loaded a total of 16 trailers. Usual day is 40-50 between routes,swaps and appt traps.
Very scary to say the least.

Well, now I want a Big Dave Hat.

w3uDM9N.jpg

Lots of more senior drivers signed up. I advised them against it. They should have let the junior guys take it. 1000a week is double the amount a lot of people are making currently or for some, have been making all year. I'm estimating this will cost us somewhere between 7-15% of the drivers that haven't been able to work much this year. In some places that won't be a lot in others it will.

Oh well when no one can get a day off or vacation next year I'll sit back and say I told you so