LANCASTER, Mass. FAMILY DOLLAR DRIVER STRIKES AGain a railroad bridge.

I totally agree with you xanl/h if you get lost first thing find a local citizen,or a cop and ask for directions.
Plus it strikes me odd that these drivers that jam their rigs into bridges don't know the height of their trailers.
That most low bridges have signage well in advance of the bridges to do the math?

He may have looked up from his phone just after he passed the low clearance warning sign. The one they put on the bridge itself was probably way up at the top. Is the poor guy really supposed to look all the way up there?

I would think if these bridge crashers were a bit more observant,they could keep their jobs awhile longer.

He may have looked up from his phone just after he passed the low clearance warning sign. The one they put on the bridge itself was probably way up at the top. Is the poor guy really supposed to look all the way up there?
In one word..YES! When on a road that I don't know, the radios are turned off, the window is down, and, most of all, I am looking for a truck coming the other way. No trucks coming AT me means something is wrong. I have never delivered a bridge in 20+ years. The seat get into by butt, my neck muscles tighten on roads that I don't know, unless another trucker has gone over it with me. Even then, the radios are off.....etc.

Well hey whenever you see a sign with a weight limit that reads no trucks over 4 tons,or 8 tons in my area.
If you know you are over 10 tons empty,bridge or no bridge you don't use them there roads.
Unless you don't mind paying hefty over weight fines.

Well hey whenever you see a sign with a weight limit that reads no trucks over 4 tons,or 8 tons in my area.
If you know you are over 10 tons empty,bridge or no bridge you don't use them there roads.
Unless you don't mind paying hefty over weight fines.

If your lost and on one of these roads, you tend not to pay attention to these signs. Im not saying this driver didn't screw up, I'm saying I can understand why he did. Plus, you are exempt from those restrictions if you're making a local delivery.

Some bridges don’t have an overhead clearance sign, specially bridges on truck restricted roads.. And when you are lost, your mind is probably preoccupied with other things. You might miss a sign. It was the drivers fault, but there are excuses.