XPO | Lasalle

Easy to answer. Con-Way is simply testing the program. Once they are assured it works then no more MTs going back to originating SICs. Subservice out and subservice in. Everything will be subservice. Line haul as you know it is dead. You will either work the dock or P&D, perhaps both but no long distance line haul. The 85K a year line haul days are over. Con-Way is positioning itself to eliminate you. Your services as you know it have been relegated to overly expensive. You are not wanted!

Con-Way will keep the P&D people for reasons of customer service and they need dock workers to move the freight, but thats it. There is no face to face customer service in line haul it is simply a function of moving freight.Something Con-Way views as anyone being capable of doing.

Don't believe me? Just look back at Black Friday and the re-engineering nonsense.

John L. & Co. are looking to eliminate you. Frozen pension, no option days. no ICP, closed facilities, long term employees let go...you figure it out!

If you believe that these moves were for the good for the company, you are exactly right!

Good for you?

Nope.

Get out while you can. I am!

Hope your wrong... How much cheaper is it to use the **** drivers??

Hope your wrong... How much cheaper is it to use the **** drivers??

Conway reminds me of the 911 terrorist when they were telling the passengers to remain quite stay in your seats we are simply taking the plane back to the airport so we can have our demands met. All the while they were going to crash into the trade towers, Pentagon etc.

So, calm down drivers remain in your seats the economy is tough everything will be alright. Sounds like Boxboss rhetoric to me.

Bye, Bye L/H

Easy to answer. Con-Way is simply testing the program. Once they are assured it works then no more MTs going back to originating SICs. Subservice out and subservice in. Everything will be subservice. Line haul as you know it is dead. You will either work the dock or P&D, perhaps both but no long distance line haul. The 85K a year line haul days are over. Con-Way is positioning itself to eliminate you. Your services as you know it have been relegated to overly expensive. You are not wanted!

Con-Way will keep the P&D people for reasons of customer service and they need dock workers to move the freight, but thats it. There is no face to face customer service in line haul it is simply a function of moving freight.Something Con-Way views as anyone being capable of doing.

Don't believe me? Just look back at Black Friday and the re-engineering nonsense.

John L. & Co. are looking to eliminate you. Frozen pension, no option days. no ICP, closed facilities, long term employees let go...you figure it out!

If you believe that these moves were for the good for the company, you are exactly right!

Good for you?

Nope.

Get out while you can. I am!

I thing you're right, Con-Way is a savvy company, always looking at the balance sheet and the bottom line. If any one thinks their line haul job is safe, they have their head in the sand. I cite the following as an example.

Here's one major trucking company's pay scale. The table I posted below is what they pay their experienced guys, the newbs start at .29 cpm

Experienced Drivers
These figures reflect estimated earning potential for relative positions in the Midwest region of the United States.

Years Per Mile Avg. Annual Earnings
½ - 1 $.35 $38,000 - $41,000

1 - 3 $.40 $42,000 - $47,000

3 - 5 $.41 $43,000 - $52,000

I haven't been with the company for very long and I have to say I was stunned when I learned what top pay was and that senior drivers were making 85k/yr just to move freight from point A to point B and back. No wonder the high seniority drivers are senior citizens as well.

As far as trucking jobs, Con-Way is an exception to the rule. I have heard drivers complain that over the years it's gotten worse, but from where I was to where I am now, I think Con-Way is the best. I would gladly work for the company for years to come at my current pay rate and never complain about anything. IMHO, you senior drivers should be making nice with management and watching your backs because if I was running this company, I would be looking for any reason I could find, to fire your overpaid behinds and move the guys at the bottom of my boards up through the ranks. Just my two cents.

I thing you're right, Con-Way is a savvy company, always looking at the balance sheet and the bottom line. If any one thinks their line haul job is safe, they have their head in the sand. I cite the following as an example.

Here's one major trucking company's pay scale. The table I posted below is what they pay their experienced guys, the newbs start at .29 cpm

Experienced Drivers
These figures reflect estimated earning potential for relative positions in the Midwest region of the United States.

I haven't been with the company for very long and I have to say I was stunned when I learned what top pay was and that senior drivers were making 85k/yr just to move freight from point A to point B and back. No wonder the high seniority drivers are senior citizens as well.

As far as trucking jobs, Con-Way is an exception to the rule. I have heard drivers complain that over the years it's gotten worse, but from where I was to where I am now, I think Con-Way is the best. I would gladly work for the company for years to come at my current pay rate and never complain about anything. IMHO, you senior drivers should be making nice with management and watching your backs because if I was running this company, I would be looking for any reason I could find, to fire your overpaid behinds and move the guys at the bottom of my boards up through the ranks. Just my two cents.

I can't find fault at anything you have said here......Except the "senior citizen" shot.......that one hurts......Why, i don't even qualify for a "senior" discount anywhere i go.....Oh, and by the way, when the linehaul dept. goes by/by, and they fire all of us "senior' guys so you can "move UP", just where exactly are you going to "move up" to?????? "Move up" .....so that YOU are now the "senior" guys, who need to be fired so that the next round of new hires (if there are any), have a spot to "move up" into?????? Is that your plan????

Hmmmmm...........your constantly moving stream of in-the front door/out-the back door system of employee renewal sounds a bit "Orwellian" to me......(George Orwell.....author)(an obscure reference, but still valid).....

:holysheep:

I can't find fault at anything you have said here......Except the "senior citizen" shot.......that one hurts......Why, i don't even qualify for a "senior" discount anywhere i go.....Oh, and by the way, when the linehaul dept. goes by/by, and they fire all of us "senior' guys so you can "move UP", just where exactly are you going to "move up" to?????? "Move up" .....so that YOU are now the "senior" guys, who need to be fired so that the next round of new hires (if there are any), have a spot to "move up" into?????? Is that your plan????

Hmmmmm...........your constantly moving stream of in-the front door/out-the back door system of employee renewal sounds a bit "Orwellian" to me......(George Orwell.....author)(an obscure reference, but still valid).....

:holysheep:

Ok, sorry about the senior citizen crack, that may have been a bit over the top. I said what I said about moving the lower guys up mostly to be provacative, I doubt they would do it as it would just shoot the hell out of their "integrity" Because you're right, once the lower guys became the senior guys they would be whisked out the door as well and the trust would be broken. Have a good week and stay safe.

any pics of the place?

britannicaprisonbe0.jpg

Experienced Drivers

I don't like you or your posts. You sir, are a pecker head. TE out...

Soooooooo,

Anybody know how many vans XLA is currently loading and what direction they are heading?????

Soooooooo,

Anybody know how many vans XLA is currently loading and what direction they are heading?????

The one who answered you in a previous post about how many vans XLA were loading has been reassigned to something else in the company. What I do know from some friends of mine that they are loading 60 to 65 long boxes heading west and Texas.

Thank you.

I really think XLA can serve as a barometer, of sorts, indicating the general shape of things.