Holland | Lay off reports

Ahhhhh. You might need to re-read my post if you think I said otherwise. Or you missed the point completely.
:idunno:
I did read it right the first time, I thought, since yellow, and roadway were still operating separately in 2005 when Zollars,decided to buy USF.

I did read it right the first time, I thought, since yellow, and roadway were still operating separately in 2005 when Zollars,decided to buy USF.
One problem. YRCW is the parent company that bought Holland. So you would rather play that Yellow versus Roadway blame game? I don't get into that stuff since both sides have their own version of the blame game.

One problem. YRCW is the parent company that bought Holland. So you would rather play that Yellow versus Roadway blame game? I don't get into that stuff since both sides have their own version of the blame game.
Not doing the blame game either. Just pointing out it was Zollars from Yellow calling the shots at that time in history....

Better NOT be laying anybody off , because been hearing the most Barns are behind on breaking inbound loads and city P.&D. loads for outbound ???

I don't mean to pour salt in the wound, but there once was a day when Holland was at the top of the list for the best companies out there, and now it looks like Holland has to be compared to the over the road carriers to find bragging rights? That's pretty sad. And that shows what those pukes at YRCW have done to Holland.
Flash you would have to be here to know how bad it really is.

Flash you would have to be here to know how bad it really is.
Not to diminish how bad you have it, but I think that my last TM was a pioneer. He helped to start over six years ago, what you are seeing now. We were on the cutting edge of failure. Once we took the pay, pension, and vacation time cuts, he lost his mind, and literally destroyed our terminal in every way imaginable. And what we told you guys back then, you are seeing currently. I endured the same frustration over six years ago. You guys probably thought that we were just whining, but your are seeing it now, just like we did back then.
The only difference is that I had a pioneer for a TM, and he helped get the ball rolling backwards.......... and quicker.

Snark Monkey I relay all this information to my fellow outbound crew members as I am inbound and unload messes every day. VELOCITY is and has been the downfall to our system.

RA is the absolute worst and SL is a close second. SL likes to send their Chicago freight to Akron, manifested. Probably just to get it off the dock.

RA is the absolute worst and SL is a close second. SL likes to send their Chicago freight to Akron, manifested. Probably just to get it off the dock.

Carolina loads the same way. Apparently you've never broke a BU,ME,OM, OW or a MS load. Loaded like it was pushed in with a bulldozer most of the time. Grand Rapids is also really bad too.

Carolina loads the same way. Apparently you've never broke a BU,ME,OM, OW or a MS load. Loaded like it was pushed in with a bulldozer most of the time. Grand Rapids is also really bad too.
ME loads are horrible, all sorts of damaged and misloaded freight.

DE got 6 more (rental)hilo's yesterday(plus two new switchers of which one is a rental), dock is overflowing with freight...we are days behind..cartage coming in every single day to deliver freight all over the city.

Reading the last several posts I have to wonder if you guys are surprised or shocked by this information or something? That is how Holland is run in 2016, or as I like to say when I look in the back of a trailer that is just a complete joke....that is "The Holland Way". We could make this conversation a lot shorter and quicker if we discussed what terminals do a good job and what is good about the company! It is really sad but that is what Holland has become....Oh how the might have fallen! Just remember we are still better than Swift!...at least for a little while. Happy Holidays Guys and Merry Christmas too!

ME has their issues but most everything is manifested, which is very cool. BU to AK 2-day freight is ok because we would be a 'B' load point for them. I can not say on the other points because they are one day points and those loads are already broke long before my shift.