Lay offs

my.php

Not to get off topic here, but I saw that someone mentioned Conway closing service centers. The reason for the closings is consolidation, which will cut costs while allowing us to still offer the same service. Our freight levels have actually increased lately due to some of our competitors only running into outlying areas every other day when we continue to go in each day. Freight on our reship at our terminal is holding steady at the same levels as we were seeing this summer.

Unfortunately, we have some very good drivers who are going to lose their jobs over this; some of whom have been here for 8 to 10 years because they aren't willing to uproot their families.

Conway is making money at an astounding rate. So we have to blame CORPORATE GREED, not the economy for this one.

Best wishes to all of the NC guys who are getting let go right now.

Not to get off topic here, but I saw that someone mentioned Conway closing service centers. The reason for the closings is consolidation, which will cut costs while allowing us to still offer the same service. Our freight levels have actually increased lately due to some of our competitors only running into outlying areas every other day when we continue to go in each day. Freight on our reship at our terminal is holding steady at the same levels as we were seeing this summer.

Unfortunately, we have some very good drivers who are going to lose their jobs over this; some of whom have been here for 8 to 10 years because they aren't willing to uproot their families.

Conway is making money at an astounding rate. So we have to blame CORPORATE GREED, not the economy for this one.

Best wishes to all of the NC guys who are getting let go right now.
I could be wrong but i don't think it is "Corporate greed" as you call it rather than con-Way eliminating terminals located very close to other terminals. It will save money and Con-Way has offered a fair relocation package to effected employees.

I heard that it was more like 70 drivers to get layed off. All the ex-Jevic drivers except for a few that are running teams were let go. Looks a lot like Jevic. Except they cant blame it on a few Southern Terminals. This is just the beginning!!

Nope, they can blame it on one. Ever heard the saying, Don't put all your eggs in one..............

I understand Irene and Neil M. in the office were also let go,
No loss with Neil,but Irene is good people I'll never forget the day we closed how much she cried when saying goodbye to everbody.

recently heard the numbers of those layed off approaching 200 , from a driver in the original 48 ...... sad times ...I hope the auto industry stays afloat .no telling how far the fallout from that disaster could go .

Tough times

Only the strong will make it..:TR10driving03: The main man will make it happen .If he still had Jevic we would still have are jobs. He knows what it takes to move frt... He has that drive nothing like the ***:butt kiss: that was running it..:smilie_132:

Haven't heard either of those rumors, and as far as I know, we still have Mc D's. I'll post if I hear anything new.

New century is and always will be jevic "red". Same model same failures running the show. Did anyone who ran over there from jevic really expect anything better??? Sameold-sameold. Ladies and gentileman....the pied piper has left the building.

New century is and always will be jevic "red". Same model same failures running the show. Did anyone who ran over there from jevic really expect anything better??? Sameold-sameold. Ladies and gentileman....the pied piper has left the building.

I'd take red Jevic over no Jevic any day.

NCT has the better setup to survive a bad economy. As far as the "same failures"...I wouldn't neccesarily say that. Are some of the people there asshats? Yes, definately, but for the most part, they seem to know what's going on.

NCT isn't perfect, just like Jevic wasn't. Is it a bit of a weird operation? Yes, but it works, for the most part. I'm not gonna kiss up to NCT, they occasionally do screw things up, but hey, if it works, why not?