Yellow | Lay-offs

Your guys must be getting 4 days with 2 hours overtime each day (I asume). If that is the case, I don't see how to "force" the company's hand.
Hey ppaddy..........our laid off guys get 5 punches a week, preset!! 40+hrs per week, but RDWY says they can't be put back on full time!! :BS: They aren't "saving" H&W. Again we have the freight, just the TM doesn't have any power to tell his boss that he needs to put them back on. I have tried and tried to find an angle, I just haven't found it...........yet!! DS.

Hey ppaddy..........our laid off guys get 5 punches a week, preset!! 40+hrs per week, but RDWY says they can't be put back on full time!! :BS: They aren't "saving" H&W. Again we have the freight, just the TM doesn't have any power to tell his boss that he needs to put them back on. I have tried and tried to find an angle, I just haven't found it...........yet!! DS.
Evidently, there must be some different wording in our local contracts. If one of our layoffs' were to get 5 punches or Roadway used over the allotted overtime credit hours during ANY 7 day window, they would be required to put people back on. Also, our guys are on a permanent "soft" layoff. They are getting the H&W contribution, though not enough hours to credit retirement. At this point, most of the guys are counting on the health insurance, and working jobs during the week. I hate to say it, but most of them seem happy with the arrangement, right now. Most are doing side work for "CASH". I think one group has formed a framing crew that works during the week and then gets 2 days on the weekend to cover their H&W.

Rumor at 547 is they are laying off 25 on dock.Funny I thought the change they were a + 50 or so.I was just wondering if maybe the company is playing a little hard-ball with contract talks coming? I'm sure they us absoeb some of the H+W.Really can't blame them if they aare paying the kind of $$$ I hear. Maybe I look at it wrong but even if you had to pay say $125.00 per month this is still a darn good job.I know the only problem is once they start making you pay a portion the premiums seem to always go up.Just my 2 cents I just pray that all who are laid-off will return to work soon and survive while they wait to return to work..

Rumor at 547 is they are laying off 25 on dock.Funny I thought the change they were a + 50 or so.I was just wondering if maybe the company is playing a little hard-ball with contract talks coming? I'm sure they us absoeb some of the H+W.Really can't blame them if they aare paying the kind of $$$ I hear. Maybe I look at it wrong but even if you had to pay say $125.00 per month this is still a darn good job.I know the only problem is once they start making you pay a portion the premiums seem to always go up.Just my 2 cents I just pray that all who are laid-off will return to work soon and survive while they wait to return to work..
Hey Tramp, how many moved in on the change? At 342, we had 9 dovetail in and we are still hiring with nobody laidoff. Everybody is still working all the overtime you want, and still not enough people.

Hey Tramp, how many moved in on the change? At 342, we had 9 dovetail in and we are still hiring with nobody laidoff. Everybody is still working all the overtime you want, and still not enough people.

I workin linehaul but if I remember right I believe there were 23 posted that moved in and all 7 on road board. That lay-off may be a rumor.I know somedays it very busy and thursday it got to looking very slow around here.. Hopefully we will get flowing as we are supposed too .

hey hilo do you know anyone up there from your terminal who would be interested in Chiefs tickets....Face Value for the games...let me know, lower level seating! great seats.