Holland | Layoffs 9-5-08

The big rumor was that the city was going to get 5 this Friday but they came out and announced at the shift meeting that there would be none this week.

Nobody this week in LO either, that I know of. Seems like everybody on layoff that wants to work gets to on Mondays and Fridays but they don't get the third day that they need for insurance.

It's a no no to spread rumors

The big rumor was that the city was going to get 5 this Friday but they came out and announced at the shift meeting that there would be none this week.

Boilerpeddle, you know that per BH you are to use the rumor thread if you are spreading rumors. And BH will take you by the hand and post your rumors for you, OK Boilerpeddle? :hysterical:

GBA:USA:

Lumper( I hate rumors )sam

If you dont have hard evidence (and who knows what is acceptable evidence anyway), this should be in with the UFO/Ghost Stories/Rumor thread, right BH?

Well I only posted the rumor part to help explain the part about the official announcement so I guess I would need to post half of it in the other thread with a link back to the post in this thread:biglaugh:
:joke:

I and everyone else understood what you meant Boilerpeddle, that was fine. The cracks are over for the others. From now on the mean-spirited attacks by the ones that choose that route will be dealt with accordingly. Follow the rules boys or you will get what you deserve. If you disagree with Benny Hill the poster or anybody else, then say what you like to defend your opinion, within the rules.

If you disagree with Benny the Mod then PM me or keep it to yourself.

Rule 11. Do Not disrespect the hard working staff at Truckingboards

This isn't a warning, its information for the few that want to disregard the rules, constantly. Your fun is now over as far as your mean-spirited attacks toward any other members, post by the rules or don't post at all.

Straight out of the Horses mouth!!

Well I only posted the rumor part to help explain the part about the official announcement so I guess I would need to post half of it in the other thread with a link back to the post in this thread:biglaugh:
:joke:

Well, that's the way it looks to me Boilerpeddle, with this UFO sightings,Ghost stories, Rumors & other Unfounded things thread, we are going to have to split our posts into a reality thread and a rumor thread, and in all reality how much of the information that goes on this board is really substantiated, MY opinion 2.5%, the rest is all venting, which is a good thing.

So, my suggestion is that TB establishes a thread called Straight from the Horses Mouth that has the 2.5% substantiated information, and another one, let's say, ah, Straight out of the Bulls A**, which will be for venting and rumors, you know, that sort of thing, and that would be the other 97.5%. ( I hope my math is right )

So there you have it, all feed back welcome, bring it on.!!!:hide:

GOD BLESS AMERICA:USA:

"Political Correctness is a Social disease" Lumpersam

Check your attitude before posting!

Guys, we all have bad days where our attidude is in the dumper. Check your attitude before you post. I personally don't want to get on here and read about two guys sparring back and forth either. One personal attack just begs for a return attack, then it gets out of control. Who wants to read that? We all have times when we shouldn't be posting because of the chip on our shoulder for whatever reason. And as far as the RUMORS part, I don't think that most rumors are getting deleted UNLESS they could be harmful to our company. Most still make it on here. You know, the "I heard" ones. They still make it on here. I'm OK with that. It's the ones that could further harm our company that need deleted. Why are we making such a bid deal out of this rumor thing? For those who get on here to "VENT", analyze why you are frustrated and take it out on them, not on an innocent TB brother.:console:

Guys, we all have bad days where our attidude is in the dumper. Check your attitude before you post. I personally don't want to get on here and read about two guys sparring back and forth either. One personal attack just begs for a return attack, then it gets out of control. Who wants to read that? We all have times when we shouldn't be posting because of the chip on our shoulder for whatever reason. And as far as the RUMORS part, I don't think that most rumors are getting deleted UNLESS they could be harmful to our company. Most still make it on here. You know, the "I heard" ones. They still make it on here. I'm OK with that. It's the ones that could further harm our company that need deleted. Why are we making such a bid deal out of this rumor thing? For those who get on here to "VENT", analyze why you are frustrated and take it out on them, not on an innocent TB brother.:console:

NF, Thank you :notworthy:, this is why :smilies-19296:, you said a mouthful! In my opinion, all most everybody wants, is to be able to come on here and have a good time chatting with others and maybe gaining a little insight in to things, when we can. If we all just follow the rules and respect each other we all do fine. There have been several times that if things that people post here were said in person, there would probably have been a price to pay from somebody for what was said, you know what I mean.

Back to the 9-5-08 layoffs, the sunday edition (9-7-08) of the Chicago Sun Times has an add for YRCW hiring drivers.It lists USF Holland ,Yellow ,Roadway,and Glen Moore. I just thought it was strange after laying off on friday.

When I got laid off I registered on careerbuilder .com and every day or two I get email updates from them with jobs that fit my profile. Last Friday (9/5) I got 2 emails from careerbuilder specifically about YRCW hiring drivers immediately in Chicagoland, all divisions Yellow, Roadway, Holland, Glen Moore, YRC Logistics. Is the freight volume up in the area or do the fine folks at YRCW have something up their sleeve? :hide:

Maybe they're just keeping their applications on file, up to date?

Chicago Land, JO, MI, RO are hiring Road Drivers. Like Tyson said, you can just uproot your whole family, sell your house (if that is even possible), and easily move to another Terminal to keep your job. You can also go to the bottom of that board. This contract is great! I love it that my paid representation sold me out and has such a lackadaisical attitude toward my job, life, and Family. I know, I can beg for a UE job and take a $20K per year cut in pay. Or even better, I can have one of these great new jobs, you know, the one that pays $14.00 per hour. How many pay cuts have Tyson, James, or anyone at your Local taken lately? They get more, we get screwed!

(This is not directed at you Benny)

That thought never entered my mind sir. I understand where you're coming from completely. Your posts help us all to understand things from your point of view. You respect us and we respect you, as far as I'm concerned.

Chicago Land, JO, MI, RO are hiring Road Drivers. Like Tyson said, you can just uproot your whole family, sell your house (if that is even possible), and easily move to another Terminal to keep your job. You can also go to the bottom of that board. This contract is great! I love it that my paid representation sold me out and has such a lackadaisical attitude toward my job, life, and Family. I know, I can beg for a UE job and take a $20K per year cut in pay. Or even better, I can have one of these great new jobs, you know, the one that pays $14.00 per hour. How many pay cuts have Tyson, James, or anyone at your Local taken lately? They get more, we get screwed!

(This is not directed at you Benny)
This is EXACTLY why it is important to REMEMBER these douchebags when ELECTION time is here. I like telling my business agent that he needs to start looking for other employment when his time comes. It will be sooner then later. :1036316054:

This is EXACTLY why it is important to REMEMBER these douchebags when ELECTION time is here. I like telling my business agent that he needs to start looking for other employment when his time comes. It will be sooner then later. :1036316054:

I agree. Anyone that hand any part in this contract must be replaced.

Thanks Jarhead13, rumor going around ME was that half your board was laid off. I told the boys to give me a day and I could tell them true numbers. I'm switcher-fuel man down here and have a chance to talk with your drivers coming down. Here a lot of go things going on in Indy. GRIZZ