Holland | Layoffs 9-5-08

P D U Driver here ever since transfering into PDU in july It has been no joy ride got Laid Off 9/12/08. after winning my grievence hearing on the 9th.Now since then I have heard evry B/S story there is. But was told by a Member from my old local from C G B . that i had a job where i was working everyday and since i transfered into a lay off I got what i deserved . And the worse part most companies that I have applied for tell me that since I am laid off that the only way they would hire me if i agreed to stay around for 6 mnths and if not agree to pay back any cost they may have in transportation and orientation ETc. What a RUSH

P D U Driver here ever since transferring into PDU in july It has been no joy ride got Laid Off 9/12/08. after winning my grievance hearing on the 9th.Now since then I have heard every B/S story there is. But was told by a Member from my old local from C G B . that i had a job where i was working everyday and since i transferred into a lay off I got what i deserved . And the worse part most companies that I have applied for tell me that since I am laid off that the only way they would hire me if i agreed to stay around for 6 months and if not agree to pay back any cost they may have in transportation and orientation ETc. What a RUSH
This puts you guys in a horrible situation. It has happened up here also. We had guys that found a good job at a different company, only to have Holland call them back a month later, quit their new job, then get laid off from Holland again. That must be a tough decision. I feel for you guys. But it is out of all of our hands.

just to update they layed 4 more off in the city Friday , IN
Total of 20 city. I guess it's better than the 7 everyone thought they were going to get.

How many $14 casuals were used Fri. and then Mon.?
I don't know but I can ask around. They just barely used all the percenters tues. The number two guy didn't get called until 10:45 yesterday. Bunch of switches still hadn't been done at 8 pm last night. They are playing the "P" off the customer to save a couple of bucks game again.