Yellow | Layoffs at 857 Columbus Oh. as of today

same in charlotte . you have it the week you work and don't the next week when they lay you off.
In the local im from in central pa they pay your insurance by the quarter .so if you work the 1st quarter of the year and get layed off you will have that insurance for 3 months after .

hey mikee I was told yrc did a phone survey of all laid off road asking if Columbus reopened if they would come back? thanks

It's different everywhere albag just can't admit he is wrong. As long as he can be condescending and state his opinion is fact he is happy. A simple, "I didn't do my research" or maybe "I'm not as smart as I think I am" would be in order, but instead he is silent and only likes the post that agrees with him.

In my opinion there are way more that insurance will end than those that will have it. Then again maybe the only people getting laid off would be among the haves. Must be pick on Albag week. :biglaugh:

I know a lot of guys that love to deer hunt and hve side business. I know of a few that have wives that make big money. All these guys have said the would gladly take a month or two off. I think the only way a voluntary layoff would work is if you volunteered for a set time. When that time is over the layoff spot goes to the top of the board to be polled until it gets to the end and someone is forced.

The problem with this is management is LAZY. This would require to much work and would cut down on the YouTube, Hunting sites, and time to set with there feet propped up when trailers need to be closed.

I think that would be fine in a perfect world. The problem is what happens when a senior man who has volunteered suddenly wants to come back? Probably a good idea but I think there would have to be some changes in the contract language.

My biggest problem would be having to listen to people complain when nobody volunteers to go on layoff.

I think that would be fine in a perfect world. The problem is what happens when a senior man who has volunteered suddenly wants to come back? Probably a good idea but I think there would have to be some changes in the contract language.

My biggest problem would be having to listen to people complain when nobody volunteers to go on layoff.

Of course there would have to be changes in the language. I suggested away to handle it in the post you quoted. We are Teamsters we complain about everything.

Where it was allowed for me you had to commit to 90 day blocks at a time, and return when called.

cobra is $1300 a month . my new blue cross blue shield under the aca is now $340 an month plus it has dental and eye care. cobra doesn't.
What are the deductibles and copays like on that ACA plan? $340 is cheap.

COLKID think that come out of the mill and I'm not laid off yet so I can't tell you. SO would you come LOL