FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

Sorry, you missed out on all those treats.
Our switchers recorded all the trailer numbers as they were sent to the pig, if the extraboard didn't get out, he was paid a trip.
The company claimed they could come out ahead by paying the men to stay home. because the empty trailers were railed from Miami to Jax free of charge.
I guess it all depends on (WHAT KIND OF CARD DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET?)
I'll bite one last time and I'm done. I'm happy your drivers are getting paid. I'm not signing a card again! At least not with teamsters attached to it. Local in Nashville screwed us royally! Didn't do ANYTHING to help us and it failed! Mainly because local was more worried about UPS than helping us get organized.

Teamsters may or may not be helpful to drivers as a whole, but NAS local is garbage!

I'll bite one last time and I'm done. I'm happy your drivers are getting paid. I'm not signing a card again! At least not with teamsters attached to it. Local in Nashville screwed us royally! Didn't do ANYTHING to help us and it failed! Mainly because local was more worried about UPS than helping us get organized.

Teamsters may or may not be helpful to drivers as a whole, but NAS local is garbage!
I can understand where you're coming from, but remember, any Local is only as good as the membership. If the members don't get involved, attend meetings, and hold the leadership's feet to the fire, you won't get good results.

I can understand where you're coming from, but remember, any Local is only as good as the membership. If the members don't get involved, attend meetings, and hold the leadership's feet to the fire, you won't get good results.
We got enough to petition for vote on our own....... We had people with questions and also ask them to come stand outside the gate closer to vote to show they supported us. NOTHING! Gave people the impression they didn't want to organize us and the changed their minds...

So I'm done... Good luck to all of you...

You've got too many former union employees at these terminals to get anywhere.

Most of our guys came from Roadway, Yellow, Holland and even one from UPS Freight/TForce. Nobody at my terminal wants to ever see a union again. Your only chance is to get away from teamsters and form a Fedex specific union if its possible, that might gain traction, but otherwise everyone has been burned in some form or another on the whole union deal.

Most of our guys came from Roadway, Yellow, Holland and even one from UPS Freight/TForce. Nobody at my terminal wants to ever see a union again. Your only chance is to get away from teamsters and form a Fedex specific union if its possible, that might gain traction, but otherwise everyone has been burned in some form or another on the whole union deal.
I realize a lot of water has gone under the bridge.
But I had one of the best jobs in trucking for 35 yrs with one company.
I have been drawing a pension since 1990, I'd be a fool to bad mouth the Teamsters.

A FedEx specific contract is probably what you would get if you were to Unionize with the Teamsters. ABF and T-Force are both on individual, specific contracts now.

I realize a lot of water has gone under the bridge.
But I had one of the best jobs in trucking for 35 yrs with one company.
I have been drawing a pension since 1990, I'd be a fool to bad mouth the Teamsters.
You are one of the few lucky ones then.

New England motor freight was allowed to join the machinist union. Go figure

Having a union won’t stop PT or Rail. You’d be a fool to believe that FedEx would bend or break on doing things its own way.

That said, their bluff has already been called once and they committed a lot of people and resources to fixing things to keep the union out. It’s was great, for a while… I doubt they’d do it again.

It’d about be an insurmountable task to get even a quarter of our 400+ terminals to vote the pension thieves in.

Sad it’s getting back that way.

Sorry, you missed out on all those treats.
Our switchers recorded all the trailer numbers as they were sent to the pig, if the extraboard didn't get out, he was paid a trip.
The company claimed they could come out ahead by paying the men to stay home. because the empty trailers were railed from Miami to Jax free of charge.
I guess it all depends on (WHAT KIND OF CARD DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET?)
Even the 102 wide empties were free?

New England motor freight was allowed to join the machinist union. Go figure
Nemf was "allowed" to join the machinists and aerospace workers because the teamsters would not have Mr Shevell. Who with his brother screwed only God knows how many 560 teamsters by shutting down Eastern Freightways in 76 I believe. That particular unions administration was top notch, not surprisingly the BAs left a lot to be desired. If they were aggressive I would have signed a card with them In a heart beat. At FXF. As referenced in a previous post lots of guys just got burned by the teamsters. It happens, but I would still rather have worked union than not.

Nemf was "allowed" to join the machinists and aerospace workers because the teamsters would not have Mr Shevell. Who with his brother screwed only God knows how many 560 teamsters by shutting down Eastern Freightways in 76 I believe. That particular unions administration was top notch, not surprisingly the BAs left a lot to be desired. If they were aggressive I would have signed a card with them In a heart beat. At FXF. As referenced in a previous post lots of guys just got burned by the teamsters. It happens, but I would still rather have worked union than not.
I doubt the teamsters would not have Shevell, if anything they owned him behind the lines, remember Shevell's brother committed "*******" by shooting himself in the head twice, give that some thought

I doubt the teamsters would not have Shevell, if anything they owned him behind the lines, remember Shevell's brother committed "*******" by shooting himself in the head twice, give that some thought
Ok???? I'll bite....

How can one shoot themselves in the head twice?

Is that possible?? Or did he have help???

I know for a fact, C. The guys at Nemf that were teamsters were allowed to finish out that way and were paid and worked under those rules till they retired. I'm guessing the last guy was gone by 96 or 97. They were teamsters when he bought nemf in the late 70s. Just to be clear. I heard lots of IBT big shots say things like, I wish he was standing next to his brother when he pulled the trigger. I don't think even he would spend the money to overcome that amount of hate.

I know for a fact, C. The guys at Nemf that were teamsters were allowed to finish out that way and were paid and worked under those rules till they retired. I'm guessing the last guy was gone by 96 or 97. They were teamsters when he bought nemf in the late 70s. Just to be clear. I heard lots of IBT big shots say things like, I wish he was standing next to his brother when he pulled the trigger. I don't think even he would spend the money to overcome that amount of hate.
Money goes to money. His daughter marries Paul McCartney