FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

I know for a fact, C. The guys at Nemf that were teamsters were allowed to finish out that way and were paid and worked under those rules till they retired. I'm guessing the last guy was gone by 96 or 97. They were teamsters when he bought nemf in the late 70s. Just to be clear. I heard lots of IBT big shots say things like, I wish he was standing next to his brother when he pulled the trigger. I don't think even he would spend the money to overcome that amount of hate.
You are correct what you said, no one ever said his brother shot him, when it was Eastern On the Ball, one of 560's bigwigs' brother was a dispatcher/management there, rumor always was the" boys" had a hidden interest in NEMF, but who knows?

You are correct what you said, no one ever said his brother shot him, when it was Eastern On the Ball, one of 560's bigwigs' brother was a dispatcher/management there, rumor always was the" boys" had a hidden interest in NEMF, but who knows?
Yes, I know about a couple of skeletons that I'll never discuss, and I know nothing. There was lots going on back then. Unfortunately.

Nemf was "allowed" to join the machinists and aerospace workers because the teamsters would not have Mr Shevell. Who with his brother screwed only God knows how many 560 teamsters by shutting down Eastern Freightways in 76 I believe. That particular unions administration was top notch, not surprisingly the BAs left a lot to be desired. If they were aggressive I would have signed a card with them In a heart beat. At FXF. As referenced in a previous post lots of guys just got burned by the teamsters. It happens, but I would still rather have worked union than not.
This topic has been well hashed out on trucking boards over the years.

I once posted some court documents citing a sweetheart deal between Mike Shevell and the Genovese Crime Family to allow him to avoid teamster representation that came out during Rudy G. RICO trial.

I was working for NEMF at that time and was told to watch what I was posting by Union Stewards from several servive centers… (If I knew what was good for me)

The information is still out there. RIP NEMF. Amazon was the Gangster nobody saw coming.

Court Docs (click to read)

Last edited:
Yeah it actually sucks. You are a certain number Mon-Wed then find out Thurs you are 2 spots back because of daytime. Again they are making the bleeding worse by this.

How can someone just come off of THEIR day run and go to a whole opposite shift. You are just abandoning your bid and it makes no sense
Sure they have rewritten it by the time someone can read this but
Rule:: states when a driver is canceled he or she can take any run as long as it does not interfere with drivers scheduled bid run

Rule:: states when a driver is canceled he or she can take any run as long as it does not interfere with drivers scheduled bid run
At my terminal, if you cancel on daytime you go to the extra board by seniority , If your run cancels at night you go to the extra board by seniority. Daytime used to not have to be available at night but now they will force you out if they need you.

See and that is exactly what is happening. Daytime bid driver isn’t covering the bid because they are going to extraboard nights and running

Can I ask, how can I access that rule or if you can take a picture and post it