Yellow | layoffs

N

night train

in last conference call on 10/25/08 it was stated there will be large layoff before thanksgiving. said this one will be larger than normal. prepare, it is coming

That does not surprise me as a matter of fact I am surprised it has not happened yet. I am in truckload now while laid off and I can tell you freight is horrible at best. 6 months ago these people were begging you to deliver freight on Monday, now it is Tuesday before I even get out to deliver Wed, and this week Thursday. I am all but sure LTL has to be taking a hit also...

I am clerical at roadway been layed off since thanksgiving 2007, work as a casual at yellow when I cant get a day or two at roadway. Roadway at memphis constantly lays offs and recalls on the dock/city drivers while yellow memphis rarely lays off.

by now you all know our plight here in winston-salem, 1/2 of our dock is already in layoff status (approx 85-90 men) we're all wondering just how deep they can go....we're almost up to 20 year men....

do you mean the conference call on 10-24 . I cant find a call on 10-25????? if you know the link please post it..
in last conference call on 10/25/08 it was stated there will be large layoff before thanksgiving. said this one will be larger than normal. prepare, it is coming

yes, it was on 10-24. go to the question and answer section and go to about the 12 minute section and start listening there for about 3-4 minutes. yellow is famous for laying off right before thanksgiving and they say this year will be larger layoff than usuasl

Conference call

do you mean the conference call on 10-24 . I cant find a call on 10-25????? if you know the link please post it..

I think this might be what he is referencing.

Quote taken from Seeking Alpha conference call transcript.

"John Barnes - BB&T Capital Markets

Knowing that there’s no peak season or very little, knowing that November and December are typically seasonally weaker months because of holidays and somebody has made the case that hey, there’s an extra Monday in December but its after Christmas and I’m not sure that week is going to be that busy anyway, I’m curious what steps have you taken proactively to get your cost situation prepared for what’s likely going to be a bit weaker November and December?

William Zollars

Well normally around Thanksgiving we’re pretty aggressive in terms of reducing the infrastructure we’ve got which is primarily labor but also involves equipment and so this year we’re going to be even more aggressive just because we’re very uncertain about where the economy is headed but the primary focus for us is always to make sure that we have the right number of people to handle the business volume and the right equipment"

It's only just begun

Got word Monday here at Roadway Bloomington, Ca (T-830) they will be laying off another large group of about 56. That will bring the total off the dock + P&D to approximately 75. Happy holidays? :hide:

No one laid off in Line haul, heck we even have laid off Yellow drivers working sometimes.

Have a Great Day & GOD Bless!
:USA:​

10 more tonight @ 211. I transferred to 211 with the 03/06 change and the dock/yard seniority list was 206 with tonights cuts its down to 155...

Roadway 342 / KC

Just heard that 342 will layoff 11 more City, Dock, Yard, that will bring the total to about 40 people off. Don't think any body is off on the road.

70 below me on the seniority list, only five working as of today. I expect to be let go tomorrow.

See Ya, everybody! When I hit the truckload hiway, I don't have a laptop!

"On the Road again, I just can't wait to get on the Road again, I find love is making music with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the Road again!" (Can you sense my sarcasm?) Sing it, everybody!

"Happy Trails, to you!.....until we meet, again.........Happy Trails to you!".........

"Til we meet, again!"

:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

70 below me on the seniority list, only five working as of today. I expect to be let go tomorrow.

See Ya, everybody! When I hit the truckload hiway, I don't have a laptop!

"On the Road again, I just can't wait to get on the Road again, I find love is making music with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the Road again!" (Can you sense my sarcasm?) Sing it, everybody!

"Happy Trails, to you!.....until we meet, again.........Happy Trails to you!".........

"Til we meet, again!"

:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

Wish ya the best Jimmy, found this on youtube, hope you enjoy, Mustache! YouTube - The Roy Rogers Show Ending

Good one, Chi!

Quick witted! :1036316054:

Actually, when my "Old Man" (who got me into this driving stuff, 30 plus years ago) was lying on his deathbed, I aksed him if "This is finally the time when I can whoop you for getting me into trucking!" He smiled for a moment. I guess he knew he could probalby STILL take me, even then....

Guys,remind your stewards to request O/T records,you remember the contract and the % rule,we have 2 laidoff and the rest are being forced over almost to their 14.Our U/Es are working right up to 60 this alone will force them to bring back both laid off men.U/E drivers are local cartage and should figure in,so FILE < FILE ,and keep on Fileing. Good Luck everyone.

Guys,remind your stewards to request O/T records,you remember the contract and the % rule,we have 2 laidoff and the rest are being forced over almost to their 14.Our U/Es are working right up to 60 this alone will force them to bring back both laid off men.U/E drivers are local cartage and should figure in,so FILE < FILE ,and keep on Fileing. Good Luck everyone.

Ah, UE Grievances......something even our Local told me to take a hike about. We apparently do not ever intend to follow the Contract.

Ke Sera.